I've Lost The Plot And Booked A Shed...!

Discussion in 'Venue, Ceremony and Reception' started by Helen, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Helen

Helen

Hum de ho, as many of you know we have been trying to find a suitable venue for many months :rolleyes: :lol: and we didn't want anywhere that makes you have packages, their food, their bar etc etc soooo we have booked a shed!!!

In defence of the shed it is set in several lovely acres of grass and trees and we can do exactly as we please inside and out. Inside the shed it has one large room that we can seat 200 people in and one smaller room that we are going to put our games etc in if the weather is bad and we can't have them all outside. It has a marquee lining inside that is a little shabby but we can put all our bunting (that I must crack on with) and decorate how we like.

We can have our outdoor ceremony under the trees and it has loads of picnic tables we can have our picnic lunch on :)

We can do our own bar and our own food and there is another large room with sinks we can use as a kitchen and prep area.

On the negative side the toilets are really shed like and not that nice at all but I'm planning on covering all the doors and walls with bright paper and it has an attached powder room that I'm going to fill with flowers and mirrors. I will have 2 days to set up so I hope it will be enough as there is a massive amount to do :lol:

We are also having to go mid week as they were booked all weekends next year apart from two, one of which is ohs best mans wedding and the other one of my friends weddings!

The other slight problem is I've not told my parents yet, although my mum has seen it she wasn't overly amused but I think she will come round and get in the swing of decorating it etc.

Helen, Sep 22, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Helen

iPrincess26

It sounds great, and if it allows you to do exactly what you want then it's perfect! Maybe just don't use the word shed when describing it to the parents? :)

iPrincess26, Sep 22, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Helen

ilovepink1984

Sounds good to me and allows you to stamp your own personality on it. Sounds exactly want you want and if you're happy with it then thats all that matters. The bunting etc etc all sounds fab so I'm sure it will be great on the day. Don't worry to much about the toilets either - OK you want them to be hygenic but noones going to be spending ages in there really! Glad you've found somewhere you like xxx

ilovepink1984, Sep 22, 2010
  4. Helen

MrsC2Be

Brilliant, glad you've found somewhere that allows you to do what you want so much :lol:

Looking forward to seeing it all decorated with your own personal touches :)

MrsC2Be, Sep 24, 2010
  5. Helen

Anon_SA

Do we get a photo of this shed? :)

Anon_SA, Sep 24, 2010
  6. Helen

Becky

Sounds good - I'm really glad you have found somewhere, and although it will be hard work you will be able to have it exactly how you want it :)

When is the big day?

Becky, Sep 26, 2010
  7. Helen

poppleminster

Sounds amazing, I looked at a shed in Somerset which was gorgeous. Glad you've found somewhere :)

poppleminster, Sep 28, 2010
  8. Helen

Sarsaparilla

That sounds amazing and just teh kind of thing I want! Call it a 'barm' not a shed and instantly it sounds better :(

Whereabouts are you? Can we see a piccie??

Sarsaparilla, Apr 14, 2011
  9. Helen

Helen

Pics... :)

July 2010 003.jpg

Helen, Apr 16, 2011
  10. Helen

Becky

Yay a picture at last! :)

Becky, Apr 16, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question