Iprincess26 Wedding Report

Discussion in 'Just Married - Wedding Reports' started by iPrincess26, Jun 3, 2013.

1. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Well Ladies here is the first instalment - I'm on my first day back at work after a 3 week break and have not a lot to do so it seemed an ideal time to start this!
    !
    The day before the wedding:

Well I was all quite straight forward, I had lists everywhere for the 3 weeks prior and a day by day list of what needed to be done and all ticked off as we went along. We didn't need to leave for the venue until 3:30pm and I had my list of what needed taking and everything was piled on the table ready to be packed into cars, so at this point i was feeling a little lost and as if I should be flying round doing stuff! I couldn't sit still so I cleaned the car, it had needed doing for months and as the MIL to be was coming to the venue with us to set up in my car I felt i needed to clean it.

After that my Hubby to be (at that point) got all strict and told me I had to sit down and rest (so I could actually walk up the aisle the next day) and I was only allowed to supervise the packing and unpacking of the cars. FIL was at work and the Best man and his OH landed up around 2pm - at this point we were called in to the in laws house to be given our wedding present (it was from all 4 of them and FIL was sorry he couldn't be there but I would be gone when he got home) - This was a big surprise in itself as we hadn't asked for gifts only money for the honeymoon, we walked into the lounge and there was a massive thing at on the floor covered in wedding paper, we opened it up to find a Webber BBQ (gas) which was brilliant although hubby was slightly dismayed to see that the lid was pink! (we were told that this was so it would appeal to both of us and I loved that) we haven't had it on the go yet but we have some home-made burgers in the freezer so it if its nice one night this week it might be getting a first run!

Next the journey to our venue (Langdale Estate) this is normally a 45min journey but today we had a wedding cake in the boot and a MIL panicking at every bump in the road so I think it took us just over an hour. We arrived with it all in one piece and while they kept asking me questions I didn't know the answer to (where to unpack things too) I went to check in and ask for Sally our co-ordinator, with that all done Sally arrived with her boss (I had a slight wobble when I saw them both as I thought something was wrong - but no they just wanted to give us a gift to thank you for how good we have been with them over all the problems (remember the conference dates, lack of rooms, Brimstone not being ready) which took me by surprise and set me off crying!)
    So once we had dumped most of the stuff behind reception, sent the cake to the Kitchen and got me and my stuff up to our room, Joe took everyone back to the cars so that Tom and I could say goodbye. Then they were gone, it was 4pm and I had 2 hours before meeting my parents and god mother for supper - I decided to go and give my mum her present (a lavender plant, we had given Tom's mum a bunch of Lillies earlier as we didn't want to give things in front of everyone) also I was desperate to get rid of the plant so I didn't kill it! I was convinced that they were at the opposite end of the corridor to me so strode along and knocked on the door - I was waiting ages and could hear people moving inside when eventually the head of a young lad in a towel appeared round the door - I had only gone and knocked on the wrong door and obviously interrupted something! I sheepishly mumbled sorry and high tailed it back to our room - where I rang reception to find out what room my folks were in! So finally I got the right room and handed over the plant! I still had almost 2hrs to kill and now everyone had gone I didn't know what to do with myself so I went to the bar and had a pint, after that I thought I would go and buy the base and lippy that were going to be used the next day so I didn't have to take any money with me.

Once that was purchased I thought it was 5:45 so decided to head to the restaurant/bar and see if anyone was there yet - it turned out to be 5:30! and i was talked into having another pint (on an empty stomach!) when eventually everyone turned up and we went to sit down. We had a wonderful meal it was just me, my folks and my godmother and her hubby (I love them both lots) so we have a few bottles of wine and some lovely food when I realised it was 9pm and I was a little drunk and still needed to have a bath and wash my hair and things so I headed back to my room to fill the bath from the ceiling with a remote control!

After lying in the bath for about an hour watching TV (the room we had has 2 baths on a platform behind the bed, you can see it on their website) I finished drying my hair and putting in my foam rollers before climbing into bed having discarded the whisky I had brought up with me as I felt a little sick!...........................

iPrincess26, Jun 3, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. iPrincess26

Becky

Oh dear drinking on an empty stomach is never a good idea! Hope you were feeling ok the next day! That is so lovely of the people at the venue to give you a gift - what was it out of curiosity?

Can't wait to read more! Have you got your photos yet?

Becky, Jun 3, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Thanks Becky, It was a 2 night stay (with dinner) in the Brimstone rooms to take whenever we like! I was stunned - but for the whole 3 days I was there every member of staff made me feel like a princess and as if I was the most important person in the Hotel!

We have access to them online - ( we got send the code to have a look and approve them in about 4 days, we were already in Italy at the time so sat and looked at them on the iPad) I'll let you know the code soon, we should be getting the disc sent over this week as they were on holiday till yesterday and we only got back on Sat so didn't seem any point in them rushing to send it before they went on holiday. Will write more soon

iPrincess26, Jun 3, 2013
  4. iPrincess26

MrsGroves2B

Sounds like a great build up to the wedding! Can't wait to read more! xx

MrsGroves2B, Jun 4, 2013
  5. iPrincess26

Helen

What popple said!!! :)

Helen, Jun 4, 2013
  6. iPrincess26

Mrsg2b2011

Aaaah this is lovely and I whole heartedly afree with what Popple said!! Can't wait for more!!! xx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 4, 2013
  7. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Thanks guys! :) i'm happier than I can remember ever being in the last 10 years! :wub:
    The Wedding Morning

So after dropping off for a couple of hours (after eventually finding a comfortable -ish way to put my head on the pillow with the curlers/pipe cleaners! in) I tossed and turned for a few more and by 5am I gave up on any illusion of getting some sleep and made a cup of tea! and discovered that there is bollocks all on TV at that time of the morning. So i decided to take the rollers out and pin my curls in to place with curl clips so I didn't look quite so mad walking to the spa for my make-up, then I painted my toe nails and then put my nails on, by this time is was all of 5:45am still over 3 hours before I can head to the spa and an hour before I can order breakfast, so I read a bit of my book, checked facebook and twitter and made another cup of tea! but i was filling a bit queasy (not sure if nerves or the drink from the night before!) so I filled the time up to 7:00 (when I rang to see about ordering breakfast flitting between my book, the internet, the TV and cups of tea! I ordered room service breakfast as I didn't want to sit in the dining room with all my hair clipped in curl clips - so I ordered soft boiled duck egg with brioche soldiers, apple juice and more tea!!! I arrived at 8 am the earliest I could have it. When it arrived it was all on a big tray with a silver cloche over it (i'll put pics in when I get home) - no i was silly, as the lovely man who wished me a beautiful day left I decided to take a pic of my breakfast (yes we are those poeple who take pictures of their food) but then decided to take pic's of the whole room as well so by the time I got to my eggs the yolk had set :( never mind i scooped it out and spread it on the toast which was delicious and actually stopped me feeling queasy but I was still a little bit nervous/on edge (I had nothing to do as had done it earlier so didn't know what to do with myself) so although I quit (again) in January and hadn't slipped once I decided to go for a smoke (I still had baccy and papers etc form when I stopped) I had 2 drags and it was horrid but then I heard from behind "I thought you'd stopped all that" - my dad of all the hours i'd been awake I had to choose the time they came down for breakfast - I put it out and headed back to the room to brush my teeth (after putting in an order with mum for some toast) - once that was done I realised that I had done my nails before sewing my grandmothers wedding ring on to my garter (no way i could thread a needle with fake nails) so the emergency on the day kit came into play and I secured it with a safety pin!

Finally it was 9pm, mum was in my room awaiting the best man to bring the flowers and her to hand over the rings and laptop for the music. So off I went to the Spa for my make-up, I was meeting my bridesmaid there so we could relax without loads of people flapping around. Once there I had yet more tea (i'd lost count of how many cups i'd had by then) andn settled down to have my make-up done. My bridesmaid arrived around 9:15 and then the photographer landed about 9:30 and I sat back and allowed make-up and photo's to happen - both the wonderful girls doing our make-up and the photographer (Mike) kept saying how calm I was and how rare it was to find a bride like that (the previous bride my MUA had done had locked herself in the bathroom!) but I was fine - I knew that the Capri hadn't broken down on the way and I had left such comprehensive notes about how to set up the restaurant I knew that was all in hand (Sarah who made sure the day ran smoothly was brilliant - and love all the notes and diagrams I had left her). Next back to the room to discover Joe hadn't been up so mum bless her was still sat there. I relieved her so she could go and get ready (she left saying she would see my downstairs) and gave Joe what he needed including the rings and got my flowers which were beautiful.

Then Jacinta from the bridal shop arrived with the dresses and we realised we had plenty of time so made a brew! My bridesmaid was dressed first and I was still calm and laid back then I stepped into my dress and then things changed - It suddenly became real ................................................

iPrincess26, Jun 5, 2013
  8. iPrincess26

MrsGroves2B

I love the detail and the leaving us hanging on edge for the next instalment! Makes me feel really excited and really nervous for mine as its so close! All sounds wonderful though! xxxx

MrsGroves2B, Jun 5, 2013
  9. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Popple my fb has plenty of food photo's, me & OH are the same (will post pics of wedding meal - when I get round to doing this at home and not at work!) thank you for your lovely comments they mean a lot and brought a tear to my eye.

Now where was I oh yes - so I was stood in my dress by the window, Jacinta finishing fastening it, Mike taking photo's my bridesmaid and my dad ready and waiting, then my veil went on (I didn't wear it over my face in the end - I associate that bit with a church service and it just didn't feel like the right thing to do) - and that was it, it was about to happen, all the planning was over, no more lists to write (there is a great picture of me in the room before I had hold of my flowers and at first glance I look calm and serene then you look at my hands and they are in fists as I tried to find something to do with them and relieve the nerves (not nervous about marrying OH but about walking down the aisle in front of everyone). After what seemed like an absolute age Sarah arrived to take us downstairs so I could go through the details with the registrar (and put my shoes on as there was no way I would've managed to get down the stairs in them!) then we were stood in the corridor, Andrea (my bridesmaid) in front, me and my Dad behind, Jacinta laying out my train and sorting the dress - Sarah at the back of the room (it was raining so we were in the Lounge for the ceremony not the gazebo - by that point i really didn't care in the slightest) pressing play on the music (Scorpions - the best is yet to come, it still makes me well up now) the first notes started and Andrea was given the nod to come in, then eventually was given the nod and we set off, then stopped, I needed to calm down ( I stopped Dad about 3 times in the corridor so I could try and compose myself) in the end the only way I could manage to get up the aisle without being in a complete mess (I'm not a pretty crier!) was to tune out the track - we were on in the back of the room, so I tuned out the music and concentrated on the back of Tom (who told me later he also had to tune out the track and it took all his might not to turn round and watch me up the aisle) now things are a little fuzzy, it seemed to go awfully quick and in no time at all we were married! However it didn't go entirely smoothly!

We had chosen 2 readings (one before the vows and one after) the first was read by Tom's dad (we asked him as it sounded like the sort of thing he would say and the words meant a lot) Union by Robert Fulghum as he got the the final verse his voice started to crack (Tom's dad always holds it together so that set the two of us off - but Tom held it together as he said he knew if he went I would too!) but he took a breathe and continued (it was lovely as it meant the words and the day really meant something to him too and he was obviously very proud) - the vows went rather smoothly but I confused him when it can to the rings as I had out my engagement ring on the other hand! after that it was my god mothers turn for a reading ( i haven't seen much of her in the last few years as she lives down the country, but I love her to bits and she is my mums best friend - now is the part that really really annoyed me, my godmother went to start the reading and got choked up - while taking a breath to compose herself a voice piped up from the congregation "get over it Maggie", this came from my grandmother! I was mortified and thought I'd let it slip as later Maggie said she was grateful for it as it broke the revere she was in so she could continue with her reading (The art of marriage - Wilfred Arlan Peterson) then it was time to sign the register (almost had a wardrobe malfunction, those who know me on fb will see from pics that I am extremely well endowed and my dress looked amazing while I was standing up, but with the sitting & standing it had slipped ( word of advice to those who still have weddings to come, try sitting down in your dress before the actual day I didn't) but it didn't turn into a malfunction it just made me really self concious that I looked like Katie price/trashy and so they are all I can see in the pics and had to use my arm to prop them up (you will spot it in the pics!). That was it we were then pronounced husband and wife, we kissed and then walked out to the tune of Jack Johnson Better together and headed for the bar for drinks and photo's and of course to greet everyone - we only had 21 guests and by the end I was sick of smiling and saying thank you as terrible as that sounds but you would think after hearing those in front saying 'congratulations' to both of us in turn that they could come up with something different! but hey ho we didn't have too many to do. So with glass of bubbly in hand we both split up to circulate and then we were whipped away for pictures by the water wheel (to get to it we had to go round the back of the hotel and shimmy down a side alley that had a gravel/stony path (I was in wedding dress and 4 inch wedges) and then across the wet slippy stones to our final point (however the pictures were so worth it) all of this done while being watched by our guests as the bar looks out on to the wheel, my MIL said after that she was just glad that Tom was in front so if i fell I would land on him! but it was all executed with no slips. Then it was time to go in for the meal and speeches .....................................

iPrincess26, Jun 6, 2013
  10. iPrincess26

MrsGroves2B

Sounds perfect! I would have got annoyed too but like you said if it helped your Godmother keep her calm then maybe it was worth letting it go.

Jack Johnson Better Together is a song we want, think we may have it on our DVD, the story behind it was that when we got together we'd already booked our holidays, Chris was first about 6 weeks later, then me within a week of his return. We had listened to this song and the lyrics "just look at the stars and we're together" and said each night (time difference was only 1-2 hours) we'd look at the stars and know that what I could see he could see and vice versa, so look at the stars and we're together.

Did you take a few minutes just to sit back and take it all in? I have been told to, but maybe in the service near the end or just after!

MrsGroves2B, Jun 6, 2013
  11. iPrincess26

Becky

All sounds fantastic so far, can't wait to hear about the rest! :D

How was your pain during the day? I hope it hadn't flared up - or if it did I hope you were too giddy with happiness to notice!

Becky, Jun 6, 2013
  12. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Thanks Becky, there is plenty more to come! especially as Helen was the honeymoon included too :p As for pain on the day I think i was just too giddy and then alcohol took over although I won't spoil the story :lol:

Thanks MrsGroves2b to be honest the whole day was a whirlwind it took us till halfway through the honeymoon to remember things from the ceremony! we had a few moments just the two of us which was lovely and i'll get on to those soon :)

I am trying to put as much detail in as possible so that I can print a copy out to put in our memory box so that we can have various details of the day remembered for ever. Another reason for giving it to you in chunks is so that you don't get fed up.

I promise to try and add pictures tonight.

iPrincess26, Jun 6, 2013
  13. iPrincess26

MrsC2Be

Yay, all sounds lovely! So pleased you had a great day, can't wait to see your photos and the ones from your honeymoon too! Dead chuffed for you, you and Tom sound like a great match :)

It's the little things that at the time you don't even realise you've remembered, then you sit back and reflect and they come to you and make you smile.

The reading that Tom's Dad did is the one my sister did for us - it is beautiful. She got a bit choked up doing hers too!

Know exactly what you mean about sitting down in your dress, I had exactly the same issue, haha!

Looking forward to reading about the rest of it and seeing your photos, off to re-read mine and poss add some more now :D

MrsC2Be, Jun 6, 2013
  14. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Cheers MrsC - I really wish I had tried sitting down in my dress before i was in front of everyone and the registrar but hey ho! it was a great day, nothing made an appearance that shouldn't have (re: dress) so all was good.

As i've been rubbish at getting photo's up (and the disc hasn't arrived yet) he is the link the the photographers ones http://edenvalleyphotography.zenfolio.com/clients.html the password is atmay13 (you need to enter the same one twice) from here you will see what I mean about trying to slyly hold them up!!!

Hope you all like them.

iPrincess26, Jun 7, 2013
  15. iPrincess26

MrsGroves2B

I love your photos! I love the cake and the cake toppers! You look stunning and everyone looked so happy- perfect wedding xx

MrsGroves2B, Jun 7, 2013
  16. iPrincess26

MrsC2Be

Those photos are lovely, you look gorgeous and your dress is beautiful. You and Tom look so chuffed :)

MrsC2Be, Jun 7, 2013
  17. iPrincess26

Helen

Fabulous pictures, love the water wheel ones and the ones out with the capri! Is that tequila I spy at the end?!

Helen, Jun 8, 2013
  18. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Yep you guessed it Helen, I'll get to it when I get some more of the report done!

iPrincess26, Jun 8, 2013
  19. iPrincess26

Becky

Gorgeous photos! I love the relaxed style, it really seems to capture the mood of the day :) You look beautiful! I love the platinum hair with dark red lips. I think my favourite photo is #120 - you look so in love :wub:

Becky, Jun 10, 2013
  20. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Thanks Becky, the hair is going back to it's original black soon - nearly 2 years of bleach then a permanent blonde (so more bleach) every 6 six weeks has taken its toll and I have quite a few patches where it's only 2" long! So it's naturally so dark brown it looks black so it will get a permanent black put on it and then topped up with a semi every now and then for a few years to let it recover! As for that picture it was dubbed our Queen shot from the moment Mike spotted the opportunity (we were already stood almost directly under the light! and we love it too - It's on the front of the case we got the disc in from the photographer and the whole of the case is black so it looks even more amazing.

Will try and get some more of the report tonight.

iPrincess26, Jun 10, 2013
    Becky likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question