Iprincess' Planning Thread.

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by iPrincess26, Dec 14, 2011.

1. iPrincess26

Becky

How lovely!! It's so nice when things like that happen, faith in humanity restored :D

Your mum sounds exactly like mine... I think you are doing the right thing by laying down the law, just be firm with her and try to let it just wash over you.

Eeeek so exciting only a few days to go!!

Becky, May 9, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Thanks Becky and your right it definitely restores your faith in humanity!

I send my mum a text yesterday (no point in talking as it ends up like the call) and just explained that i'm not trying to offend her and i am in fact trying to save her from us both being in a huff when i walk down the aisle - she text back to say she understands so i guess all we can do now is wait and see what happens on the day!

iPrincess26, May 10, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. iPrincess26

Becky

That sounds good, I wish my mum was as understanding as yours! I can't do anything without her getting deeply offended! :rolleyes:

Becky, May 10, 2013
  4. iPrincess26

MrsGroves2B

So exciting! Mom's are the same! I love my Mom to bits but the last week or so when it comes to the wedding, as much as I know she means well she's annoying me as well- does what my H2B's Mom does, and she really does rattle my cage somewhat! Think a lot of it with me as well is I'm an only child, so my Mom only has me to fuss over really.

All the best for your big day! Can't wait to hear how it all goes! xx

MrsGroves2B, May 10, 2013
  5. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Thanks Becky and MrsGroves2B although if I make it to the wedding without having heart failure it will be a miracle! So we went to pick up OH's and my Dads suits today, mum and dad got there before us so we were greeted by my Dad in his outfit, except the waistcoat was the wrong one - this was explained by the fact that his waistcoat and jacket were too small and his trousers too big, turns out that the woman in Greenwoods was trying to convince them that there was nothing wrong with any of it and it was another group that were in to be measured that pointed things out, when dad tried a pair of trousers that fitted they still seemed a little baggy at the front and this group of young men said if he wore a pair of braces it would pull them so they hang right and then one of then pointed out that there was no give in the back of the waistcoat so when he sat down the buttons would've popped off (this has already happened to him) but the woman still tried to say it was fine - until my mum piped up and said that Dad wasn't going to be standing next to me dressed like that - this all happened before we got there hence why dad was in the wing waistcoat as he was trying on for size when we arrived the sales woman in an incredibly patronising tone said "well does the boss approve" to which I replied quite curtly (I had been brought up to speed by mum and neither of us bothered to keep our voices down) that I had no idea what he will look like on the day Ashe won't be wearing what I could see him in, so she then went to order the replacements and said "we will ring you when they come in" baring in mind that its Saturday and we get married on Wednesday! So when this was pointed out instead of assuring us they would be in in time she said "they should be in Monday or Tuesday but I can't guarantee when we will get them in" so looking for reassurance still my mum repeated that they would have to be as the wedding is Wednesday to which she again responded that she couldn't guarantee when they would be delivered - quite how I managed to stop my self diving across the room and smacking her in the face I frankly don't know! 4 days before my wedding is not the time to start messing with me!

But mum disappeared downstairs to talk to the manager and also I think to stop herself from smacking this silly cow, while Tom tried his on all fine I'm told - I would only look at the bottom 6 inches visible below the curtain on the changing room to make a final decision on shoe colour (black actually looks better) as I want to get a surprise on the day when I see Tom for the first time too!

So now as long as Dads outfit turn up on time my next big concern is the weather as at the moment it's forecast to piss it down all day!

iPrincess26, May 11, 2013
  6. iPrincess26

Becky

How frustrating!! Did they just get the measurements wrong the first time, or did they order the wrong things in? I'm very impressed you kept your calm!

What has the weather been like around yours recently? Here it has been forecast to rain most days, but actually we've only had the odd shower and patches of sunshine. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you though! We had rain on the morning and evening of our wedding, and it didn't really affect things too much. In fact rain on your wedding day is meant to be a lucky sign ;)

Becky, May 12, 2013
  7. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Yeah our weather has been similar at the moment it looks 50/50 that we will actually have the ceremony outside so fingers crossed it can rain from 7pm onwards! As for the suit no idea what they did and I think I would've been asked to leave the store if I had opened my mouth! Like I said nearly bit my tongue off keeping quiet.

iPrincess26, May 12, 2013
  8. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Well this is it! Today is the day, been awake since 5am, didn't sleep well at all but had a lush bath last night and as a thank you for being so understanding our venue have given us a free 2 night stay in brimstone when ever we want! - I was very close to tears when they gave us it! - nails done hair as done as it can be for now (up in clips so not going down to breakfast) - going to order room service soon and then I think it will all fly by from 09:30 when I start getting my make-up done. Feel a bit sick with nerves but excited as well.

iPrincess26, May 15, 2013
  9. iPrincess26

MrsGroves2B

Awww! Congratulations to you both and best wishes for today. The weather where I am is very unpleasant today so I hope its better for you where you are. Wishing you both eternal happiness as you begin your new chapter in your life together. Feel very excited for you! Can't wait to see photographs!

Try not to feel too nervous, that's what I'm going to try to do (easier said than done I know). Enjoy every minute, and last week I went for an interview and the man there was married (he didn't appear very old so I think it was fairly recently, I'd say in the last couple of years or so). He said one thing to remember is to take a few moments during the day just to stand back and take everything in, you pay out all this money and you're in a whirlwind and don't remember a lot of it. He was advised this by a friend so during the reception he took a couple of minutes to stand back and just take everything in and was really glad he did, so try and take a few moments out of the day to do this. I plan to on most parts of the day, but whether that will actually happen on the day I don't know!

Love Becky xx

MrsGroves2B, May 15, 2013
  10. iPrincess26

Becky

Hope you have a fantastic day! Just try to relax and enjoy it all. It all goes by so quickly! Can't wait to hear all about it :wub:

Becky, May 15, 2013
  11. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Thanks guys, My god Becky - everyone tells you how quick it goes but it so doesn't prepare you for just. How quick! We had a 2hr gap where a few folk from the day were leaving and the other guests went to recuperate so we had a bit of time then and just sat having a drink with our photographer but I won't spoil the report which I'll start after the honeymoon (by then I might remember more of it!) the weather didn't allow us the gazebo but it didn't matter in the slightest oh and breakfast sorted the feeling sick so think it was the mix of drinks the night before!

All I will leave you with is my plan for after our first dance worked - the photographer has continuous shots of me, the groom, his brother the best man and his girlfriend doing a tequila slammer! And he was talking of making it into an animated GIF for us!

iPrincess26, May 16, 2013
    Becky likes this.
  12. iPrincess26

MrsGroves2B

Awww, so glad you had a fantastic day and the weather didn't spoil it at all! Glad everything went so well and your after the first dance idea worked!

Enjoy your Honeymoon! Can't wait to hear all about it!

xx

MrsGroves2B, May 17, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question