Iprincess' Planning Thread.

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by iPrincess26, Dec 14, 2011.

1. iPrincess26

MrsC2Be

I've been a bit vacant recently, so am playing catch up... I LOVE those cake toppers, they're a fantastic find! Your shoes are gorgeous too, I could do with some of those for myself!

How're the invites coming along now? What you've done so far look great. We got our pocketfolds already done - made it so much easier! I think I'd have gone mad if I had to make them all myself - not helped by the fact I'm incapable of cutting a straight line lol x

MrsC2Be, Nov 29, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Ah Mrs C I have a guillotine for that, however yes I would have gone made if I had the pocket folds to cut as well I spent 2.5hrsbthe other day cutting all the blue backings to the correct sizes, just the wordings to print and cut and assemblage left, hoping to get the printing and cutting done this weekend, so then just got to put them all together and write our address on the RSVP envelopes!

Thank you I love our wedding topper and I couldn't resist the shoes!

iPrincess26, Nov 30, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Oh we had our pre-wedding shoot on Sat, luckily it was dry if a bit cold and frosty although as I pointed out it was warmer then it was when he proposed! ( we had the shoot at the place Tom proposed) and I was dressed more appropriately for the weather. It was really good and I love our photographer even more, we get on really well with him and were able to relax even me who always makes sure i'm the one taking the pictures so i don't have to be in them - i hate it that much, half the time I wasn't even aware that he was taking pic's and even when we had to look at him it wasn't so bad! for the first time ever i'm really excited to see pictures that have been taken of me! and in the first 5 min of the shoot more pic's will have been taken of the 2 of us together then in the whole time we have been together! terrible I know and i'm the first to complain about a lack of pic's of us but won't have them taken! :) will post pics when we get them!

iPrincess26, Dec 4, 2012
  4. iPrincess26

Becky

Sounds brilliant, can't wait to see the photos! :D

Becky, Dec 4, 2012
  5. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Well my Hen do has been decided and its completely untraditional but totally what I want to do! I don't have many friends and didn't want to invite people just for the sake of inviting them, so on the Saturday it's just me and my maid of honour and we are going t the cake and bake show in Manchester and have booked tickets for the piping class (cake decoration is something I really need to work on) and for Simon rimmer and John waites. I can't wait - she will prob stayed over at ours on the sat so we can have drinks and chick flicks, then on the Sunday comes the bit I'm not allowed to know te details of! We are going for afternoon tea and inviting my mum and MIL2b too but I'm not allowed to know where we are going until we get there! I have somewhere that I would love it to be but will have to wait and see.

That bit isn't great for me as I have little patience and hate not being in control! But at least I trust my maid of honour - I think!

iPrincess26, Feb 1, 2013
  6. iPrincess26

Helen

TBH that sounds great! Why should you have to do something looked at as 'traditional' if you wouldn't enjoy it. Hope you have a fabulous time :)

Helen, Feb 2, 2013
  7. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Thanks Helen its totally me and I'm so excited for it, all I'll have to do is try not to buy absolutely everything equipment wise! I'm a sucker for a new kitchen gadget!

iPrincess26, Feb 2, 2013
  8. iPrincess26

Helen

Haha I know that feeling... I need a bigger kitchen!

Helen, Feb 2, 2013
  9. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Arrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhh! I need to vent, got home on saturday after having lunch with my parents and doing some food shopping, to find that the OH had been TOLD from his father that we had to invite FIL2B's brother, this is 3 months before the wedding, when at the time of working out the guest list we were told it was up to us (FIL2B and his brother hadn't really spoken for years and OH says wouldn't recognise the guy if he tripped over him!) the only reason this has changed is FIL2b has started contact with his brother as found out he has cancer so this now apparently means that with 3 month to go we HAVE to invite a total stranger to our wedding - Oh and they said months ago that if we did invite him he probably wouldn't come (like 99% certain that would be the case) and now he is currently undergoing radiotherapy so I can't imagine he will want to come and it's more than likely that he still won't but we have been told!

There is no aruguing with him however - MIL2b came over to see me about it, I pointed out that preliminary numbers have been given to the venue, table plans have been made etc and that it's not just a case of paying for another meal and it will mean a fair bit of work on my part, and pointed out that we were told at the start it was up to us and we didn't have to invite him!

So we came to an agreement - we will leave it for now and if it is going to cause huge rifts in the family we will see what we can do! - As she said how can you have a rift with someone you don't speak too! So fingers crossed we don't have to try and add him in! apart from that and trying to get FIL2b to go and get measured for his suit all is good - paying the registrar is next along with giving details of the ceremony so just need to work out what we are walking back down the aisle to and ask FIL to do a reading!

No wonder I keep having fibro flare-ups it's all the stress! - at least when confined to bed I get a load of wedding stuff organised!

iPrincess26, Feb 4, 2013
  10. iPrincess26

Becky

Your hen do sounds like it's going to be fabulous! I'm sure you'll have a brilliant time. My biggest regret about my hen do is not putting my foot down and being made to drink more than I was comfortable with.

What a pain though about the forced invite! I hate it when parents put you in a difficult position like this. I'm glad that you have been able to reach an agreement though - lets hope you don't end up having to invite him in the end.

Becky, Feb 4, 2013
  11. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Yeah I hope so! I feel sorry that the guy has got cancer as that is a horrendous thing to be diagnosed with but I don't think that alters the reasons that led OH to not but him on the guest list in the first place! MIL2b seems to agree with me, I love her she is great my FIL2b is a lovely bloke but he is the type you are always a little scared of and you do what he says!

I can't wait for my Hen do, the thought of getting too drunk and strippers fills me with dread! So I was really happy when my MOH said she thought we should do something we would remember and not just get really drunk- I thought it was a brilliant and very thoughtful idea and we will have a few drinks and films that night. OH has said he will disappear that night if he is not away on his stag do!

I definitely don't deal with lack of control well - the invites were posted about 5 days ago and i'm already wondering why we haven't be getting responses yet! not everyone is as organised as me!

iPrincess26, Feb 4, 2013
  12. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Well we have to invite him! Apparently they requested a plus 1 for him too, but we managed to put our foot down with that one! What's pi**ing me off the most is that he more than likely won't come but if he does it totally screws my table plan as it messes my numbers up! Not a happy bunny, even more so as FIL2b wouldn't come to both of us and didn't ask and give his reasons for the change of mind but basically told OH that we had to invite him, which meant that OH was stuck in the middle and I must confess to taking my annoyance out on him (i did apologise - i couldn't go and talk to FIL as I would've told him to F off!) So i eventually resigned myself to the fact that we have to make another invite and all the other hassle that goes with it (although in-laws are going to pay the extra if he actually comes!)

So i'm currently still stuck at work on my own (we normally finish at 4 at the latest on a friday but a customer needs upgrading as they are getting new equipment tomorrow) and as the boss is sunning himself in Lanzarote and the other colleague wouldn't know where to start as he has actively avoided finding out anything about how to do it (he will have to learn as i'm off for 3 weeks for wedding and honeymoon soon!) So it's down to me - i started this process at 3pm!!!!! looks like it will be at least 6pm before I get away - not how I wanted to start my weekend! Oh and then I get to go home and make the invite as Nan has been told they are going out in batches and his will be going out soon!

iPrincess26, Feb 8, 2013
  13. iPrincess26

Becky

Pants! Hope you managed to have a good weekend despite the bad start to it!

Becky, Feb 11, 2013
  14. iPrincess26

MrsC2Be

I've been very vacant in these parts since I got married, can't believe how quickly your wedding is coming round! x

MrsC2Be, Feb 23, 2013
  15. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Help! I have 41 days to go! I can't believe how fast it is coming round! My biggest problem at the moment is that I have my Hen do this weekend - really excited , cake and bake show and then I get to find out what we are doing on the Sunday - it starts at 4 and is somewhere really posh - I had to go and buy a dress specially! But that is all I know, I thought it was afternoon tea but 4pm seems a little late for that. The only problem is that I am currently stuck in bed and feeling floaty (back on the extra morphine every 4 hrs) suffering chronic pain from a fibromyalgia flare up ( my own fault I never stopped on Sunday and Monday , flying round cooking, baking, cleaning, dying my hair and doing a big shop - spread across 3 supermarkets! - some of the tasty results can be seen on fb by those whom I'm friends with.

Fingers crossed the pain seems to be subsiding a bit, I know this as I haven't been desperate for the last 45 min to pass so I can have some more painkillers to mask the pain and by the fact that I have done a load of wedding tasks! I have about 6 different lists now not counting the honeymoon related ones!

But the favours are made - just need to add 5 mini eggs into each one the day before and have the mini eggs bagged and counted in the box with them, table plan and place cards are all done.and everything else made.

I don't think there is much left to do - and as I got a voucher for our new Spa just down the road from my in-laws to be for my birthday I have booked my self a hot stone massage for the Monday before the wedding, to try and relax me!

We also picked up the tickets for our honeymoon at the weekend so we need to start looking the directions on google maps to plot the route to our villa.

I can't wait, I am actually starting to get excited, when I won't for my first fitting for my dress and se went and got my veil and put it on so I could see everything together I almost started crying! I best check that my MUA has industrial strength waterproof mascara!

Well I think I have waffled enough and got you all brought up to date!

iPrincess26, Apr 3, 2013
  16. iPrincess26

Becky

Oh no you poor thing! Doesn't sound good, although I'm glad it's starting to ease off. Sounds like you need to factor more relaxation time into your day, even if it is just 30 mins per day listening to relaxing music. Also didn't exercise help you in the past?

Becky, Apr 3, 2013
  17. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Hey Becky, exercise did indeed help previously however this time it seems to have made things worse! Nearly didn't make my own hen do last weekend because of over doing things at the bank holiday weekend (rearranging my kitchen, cooking, the big shop, cleaning and dying my hair - all across the Sunday/Monday) I should know better, then spent tues-thurs stuck in bed then off Friday as well slowly moving as 3 days in bed had ruined my back! But made it to the Cake and Bake show in Manchester and it was amazing - I have loads of ideas buzzing round my head, so plenty of things to focus on after the wedding! Then on the Sunday we( me & maid of honour) went for afternoon tea with both mothers and my sister at Sharrow bay http://www.sharrowbay.co.uk/ It was amazing! And they boxed up the cakes and sandwiches we hadn't eaten and divided them between those who wanted them. All at the totally opposite scale to the stereotypical Hen do but I loved it and got pictures with both Tom Herbert (Baker Brother) & John Waite (bake off winner)!

Had a nightmare this last few days too, with guests being told/charged the wrong prices for their rooms and finding out that the new part of the hotel we are supposed to be in may not be ready - they hope to get the keys May 10th! 5 days before the wedding!!!!, they aren't even sure if we will be in there at all and if we are there is a possibility that the 2nd floor may still be getting some finishing touches!! But they are having a meeting with the builders & everyone involved tomorrow so trying not to fret and wait to hear from our wedding coordinator when they know what is happening!

Nearly there! I have my final fitting in the morning and we have about 4 weeks left! Off to Scotland on Fri till Sun for the break my folks got us for Christmas and the plan is no wedding talk just relax (and take breakfast stuff (or room service but not told OH that yet) so we don't miss any Grand Prix coverage - thank goodness it's a BBC F1 race this time round) I'm going to swim/sauna etc and OH will walk the fells!

iPrincess26, Apr 10, 2013
  18. iPrincess26

Becky

I'm glad the pain didn't prevent you from enjoying your hen party! Sounds like you had a great time :) I'm really in the mood for cake now after reading that - I made a red velvet cake on Tuesday, I need to give some away because the temptation is too great just having it in the house!!

That's a bit scary about the hotel rooms... will they provide alternative options if they are not ready?! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

PS Hope you have a lovely time in Scotland this weekend, the weather is meant to be lovely! :)

Becky, Apr 11, 2013
  19. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Yep they have alternatives already reserved for us just in case - on tenter hooks all day now as i don't know what time the meeting is so just have to wait for an email/phone call!

Slightly less panic stricken as they have alternatives already sorted, but really want to be in the new bit! Can't wait for Scotland it's going to be a total wedding free weekend (at loeast that's the plan!)

iPrincess26, Apr 11, 2013
  20. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Oh My God! I can't believe we have 6 (although essentially 5 as today is have way through!) left until we are married! I have been a nightmare so far this week as there were things that could've gone so wrong but haven't! The best man and father of the groom have jetted off to Barcelona for the weekend to watch the F1 - fly home on Monday (or hire a car and are driving through the night if any hint of delay!) and my mother is driving me insane! - i'm not a big fan of lots of people moving around in a hurry/flap which after 30 yrs my mother knows well enough, on the phone last night after i had said i would probably be able to do my hair my self but would let her know if i needed help (as i'll be nervous and if she doesn't do it as I want i'll start having a go at her - not proud of it but we both know that's what'll happen) she said "I hope i'm going to see you before you walk down the aisle on your dads arm" To which i pointed out that she needs to be seated by 11:30 and she knows what i'm like with lots of people - i'll have my bridesmaid, the woman from the bridal shop who is coming to dress me, the photographer and my nerves so with her flapping round getting in the way will just get me wound up - said this and made a point of I don't want to be walking down the aisle pissed off with her but i just got a huffy Well I'll just wait for you to call if you want me! - this was after I got it in the neck as when she phoned to see about getting her make-up done she was given the only appointment which was 1pm - apparently she told them whose wedding it was for and the poor lad who answered the phone in the spa should appaently know exactly what time my wedding is and shoudlve got her an appointment - she only phoned last week! and I think she was annoyed with me for that as 2 weeks to go and she decides she would like her make-up doing on the day (i think this was only because she found out I was going to the spa to get it done as is my bridesmaid and she wanted to be in there too - i purposely opted for going to the spa and not them coming to us as it would give me a break from mother, you can only have 2 getting done at once and no room really for another person - it's going to be an hour of peace we have a half bottle of bubbly that we didn't drink on the Hen do so I have saved it and we will share it in there!

However there is lovely stuff too - Work has been mad this week as I am trying to finish everything I have outstanding so the others don't have to try and finish it or customers don't have to wait 3 weeks for me to get back. My florist phoned yesterday when things were really bad, (my brain has turned to mush this week so if its not on my list I have a little breakdown - this is making OH panic as stress sets off my Fibro so I need to control things so I can actually walk down the aisle!) and the line wasn't great so she turned up at my door last night with a bottle of bubbly for me as she was worried about me - had been driving back from Cheshire got home and then said to her daughter that she had to come and see I was ok as she was so worried and the lovelyness doesn't end there, when the post came today at work I had a card from my tutor and some of the friends I had made at college last year and these came from one of my customers.
    942124_10151481609948409_1986865653_n.jpg

how adorable are they?! they are made by biscuiteers - between them and the card I welled up a little bit!

iPrincess26, May 9, 2013
    Becky likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question