Iprincess' Planning Thread.

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by iPrincess26, Dec 14, 2011.

1. iPrincess26

Becky

Crikey has it been two years already?! It's great that you've got something to look forward to after work being so busy - and I can empathise about moving house!

Maybe have a sit down with your boss and try and come up with a solution to the mess - my former boss was rubbish at reviewing work I'd done for him, so I used to put an hour in his calendar fairly regularly where I'd sit with him while he did it. I'm not saying that it's the solution here - just that it helps to talk and come up with a new way of doing things.

Not long to go and you two will be having a fantastic night at your venue... maybe steer clear of RSPCA ads and Toy Story 3 until then though ;) Do you do much baking? I always find that very therapeutic, and nice to have something yummy at the end of it all!

Becky, Aug 30, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

I love cooking/baking one of the reasons I can't wait to get moved in is so I can have my own kitchen again (never felt totally comfortable cooking in my in-laws kitchen), as for work - things seem to be settling down a bit today - the boss not being aware of what i'm doing isn't really an issue - it's him speaking to clients and promising things and telling them to ring me to get them done (and him forgetting to mention these things to me!) - puts me right out of kilter as I hate not being in control and plan my days/weeks so I know what i'm doing and when!

When we have our DNS/Web stuff issues sorted (which is hopefully now) I can have a word and he can take some of the pressure off me! He is decent like that and hopefully I can avoid a meltdown at work (although it's quite funny, I had one just before christmas last year, there are only 3 of us in the office and i'm the only female - they didn't have a clue what to do, I could've asked for anything that day and would've got it to stop me acting crazy!) I feel a little calmer and have 2 days off next week and the full week off the one after so think I just need that break to get things under control again! and start baking!!!

iPrincess26, Aug 30, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. iPrincess26

Becky

Glad to hear that things are getting better at work!

I know what you mean about cooking in someone else's kitchen, it's just not the same is it?! Roll on the baking in the new kitchen! :)

Becky, Aug 31, 2012
  4. iPrincess26

MrsC2Be

So how was your anniversary do at your venue (hopefully not gone into this on another thread or i'll look silly!)

I'm playing catch up! x

MrsC2Be, Sep 16, 2012
  5. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Nope, I don't think I have covered it yet, it was amazing! Will write more tomorrow!

iPrincess26, Sep 16, 2012
  6. iPrincess26

winter ash

Iprincess I know what you mean about having a meltdown at work when you are the only woman in the office. Im the only woman in the office too and sometimes the stuff and ideas that are very good i agree too become very stressfull for me. its horrible I am compleatly glued to my computer day and night but although i do take time out and browse through other stuff is good :)

winter ash, Sep 17, 2012
  7. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

phew! Not done anything in ages! between moving house, getting tendonitis and just having no motivation the wedding has taken a back seat. Now though I'm back on track, loving having a kitchen and new kitchen equipment is on the christmas list (i'm sure those things should be on the wedding list but heyho!) So I have found my necklace for the day and got some sparkly flat shoes (pics to follow) - also I have decided to make the wedding invites again and the pocket folds should arrive this week (couldn't face making them and got a good deal on ebay) as for the bridesmaid dress the prototype worked ish - I am making some alterations which should sort it but now i'm not convinced the fabric is right for a bridesmaid dress so am planning a shopping trip with my bridesmaid sometime soon.

We went to go and sort the waistcoats last saturday as we are going to hire them, met my folks in Carlisle first thing sat morning headed off only to discover the store is closed until mid november for a major refurb - really annoyed as this info wasn't on the website! so it was a bit of a wasted morning! I have cancelled my gym membership as £300 a year will be better put towards the wedding etc but have got an exercise bike and my OH has permission to shout at me if i'm not on it every night!

So just thought I give a bit of an update and will post pic's when I have them.

iPrincess26, Oct 30, 2012
  8. iPrincess26

MrsBrown

Not long to go now iprincess. Don't worry I am sure everyone has times when other things take priority!

When will invites go out?

MrsBrown, Oct 30, 2012
  9. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Thanks MrsBrown getting back into the swing now, we have less than 200 days to go now - think we will send invites out in January so plenty of time to get them made!

iPrincess26, Oct 30, 2012
  10. iPrincess26

Becky

Sounds like you've had a busy time recently! I hope you're fully recovered from the tendonitis now, I've heard it can be painful.

Looking forward to seeing the necklace and shoes!

Becky, Oct 31, 2012
  11. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Right - i promise I will post pics soon. I have made a list of everything I think we still have to do - would love you all to take a look and see if you think I have missed anything.

So here is the list:

Book pre-wedding shoot

Rings - in hand by the OH apparently

Maid of honours dress/shoes etc

5 Hour + playlist for the evening

Ceremony + meal music

Gift List

Post ceremony Drink - decide what

Ceremony details

Make invites/placecards and seating plan

Order Mens suits

Presents for the best man/maid of honour & Mothers

Clothes for the Honeymoon

Make-up trail

Hen & Stag do

Book Airport parking

Get money changed for honeymoon

Evening reception decoration

Buy mini eggs for favours and make favours - have to be done at the last minute so I don't eat all the mini eggs!!

Send Invites

Confirm all suppliers/numbers etc

Dress alterations for me - To be done jan/feb

I think that is it but i'm convinced I have missed some major things.

Can anyone think of anything I might have missed - I have booked a hotel at the airport for the night before we fly. As for my hen do it currently consists of me and my maid of honour - after a 'parting of the ways' from the other 2 who should have been bridesmaids! so a bit on the pathetic side!

iPrincess26, Nov 2, 2012
  12. iPrincess26

Becky

All sounds good! Are you having a guest book (or similar)? My friends who got married a couple of weeks ago had a brilliant personalised guest book that they ordered online, similar to these. It was full of photos of them, together with bit of writing about how they got together and happy memories - it was such a lovely idea!

Can't remember whether you said you've got your cake sorted or not (that is if you are having one), but couldn't see that on the list.

Might also be worth starting to think about what you will need on the day - I put together a bit of an emergency kit including safety pins, sewing stuff, plasters, chocolate etc. Doesn't need to be ready for ages but it's worth thinking about well beforehand because you'll think of things as you get closer to the day.

Can't think of anything else for now!

Becky, Nov 2, 2012
  13. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Sounds good thanks Becky - loving the guest book idea and that is something that I had missed.

Cake is sorted my wonderful MIL2b is making it and getting a friend to ice it as she wasn't comfortable icing it. We have gone for 3 round tiers bottom 2 fruit cake (She makes the most amazing fruit cake) and a top layer of sponge as my dad is allergic to alcohol so can't eat the fruit cake

Also had completely forgotten about on the day emergency kit - although my mother has booked the lovely people at the shop I got my dress to come and dress me on the day after realising that we would almost definitely fall out on the wedding morning if she was to lace up my dress!

iPrincess26, Nov 2, 2012
  14. iPrincess26

MrsC2Be

Table plan / seating plan for ceremony?

The seating plan for the ceremony didn't enter my head until someone said it's worth having cards for the front few rows to make sure immediate family are sorted and your granny doesn't end up at the back!

Looks like it's all coming together :)

MrsC2Be, Nov 4, 2012
  15. iPrincess26

Becky

Good plan! Either that or have some proactive ushers :)

Becky, Nov 4, 2012
  16. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Right I finally got round to taking some pictures to bring you all up to date so here we go;

Firstly I did a practice run of the invitations and i'm quite pleased with them, they went a little lumpy with the glue so I'm taking Dani's suggestion and getting some double side tape to use instead - also the blue is just thickish paper so i'm tempted to see if I can find some card to use instead.
    DSC_0424.JPG

DSC_0425.JPG

These are my glittery flat shoes for when my feet start to hurt!

DSC_0428.JPG

These are our fab cake toppers that we got from DCUK we love their ducks and wanted a duck cake topper but thought yellow rubber style wouldn't really go with the classic sophisticated look that we are going for.

DSC_0431.JPG

DSC_0430.JPG

Finally my necklace which I found at a local craft/gift fair and the lovely lady who made it set the guarantee so that it doesn't start until the wedding so that I am covered from when it will actually be worn!

DSC_0432.JPG

iPrincess26, Nov 15, 2012
  17. iPrincess26

Becky

The invites look great - really elegant, I love the design! How many have you got to make?

Becky, Nov 16, 2012
  18. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Thanks Becky - not to many, the benefits of a small wedding I think we have about 10 day time ones and 12 evening ones - i cheated slightly and bought the pocket folds already cut out from eBay so only have to assemble and then cut and print all the inserts, but it shouldn't take too long and there is less to go in the evening ones as no menu choices! Would like to have them made before christmas so that they are ready to post out in the new year.

iPrincess26, Nov 16, 2012
  19. iPrincess26

Helen

Loving the ducks! I have a couple in my kitchen window, I didn't know they did bride and groom ones :)

Where did you get your sparkle shoes from? I could do with some of those... I do not need shoes argh!

Helen, Nov 16, 2012
  20. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

My shoes are from New Look Helen I got them in the sale last month - I don't really do bling but glittery shoes just poking out of my dress, I just couldn't resist.

I didn't even think to look to see if they did them, I found them through a google image search! We got the cake topper ones but I think they do bigger ones as well.

iPrincess26, Nov 16, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question