Iprincess' Planning Thread.

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by iPrincess26, Dec 14, 2011.

1. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Well as I said I was going to do this about a week ago I thought that I should get round to it and the OH is out for the evening so it seems like an excellent time.

We have booked our Venue and the registrar so our wedding is at 12pm Wednesday 15th May 2013 ( won't be long till we can say we are getting married next year!

http://langdale.co.uk/stay/weddings/ceremonies.htm

We are hoping that the weather will be good enough to have the ceremony in the Gazebo.

I have got my dress, we only went to have a look and try some on but I found the one!

[​IMG]

I can only find pics of it in pink but i am having it in Ivory.

I am planning on making the 2 bridesmaids dresses as I want the 'infinity dress' but I can only find dessy and twobirds I think it is that do them and the prices are astronomical and it looks fairly straight forward to make. They are going to be in a midnight blue colour.

We have the guest list almost sorted with about 23 for the ceremony and breakfast and another 10ish in the evening.

Accessories wise for me I have my veil which is shoulder length and has swarovski crystals all round the bottom.
    a bit like this;
    [​IMG]

and I am thinking about getting a thick (4/5"ish) pearl cuff to cover the tattoo on my left wrist.

Shoes I keep seeing to many to decide on although have come to the conclusion that 'bridal shoes' are not the nicest of shoes!

As for flowers I am thinking cream tulips for the bridesmaids, but not sure about mine yet I know I want a single garden rose in it for my granddad who is no longer with us, and quite fancy having lavender in it but still searching for inspiration.

Oh and for centre pieces we are having fish bowls with fairy lights in them and will move them into the other room in the evening and the venue provide a pedestal arrangement and an arrangement for the registrars table in white/cream colours.

Finally for now! I am making the invitations but not sure on design - we want pocket-fold style and quite simple and classic but that is as far as I have got (need Dani to give me some direction for ideas - :rolleyes: :blush: )

Well Ladies I have blathered on far too long so will leave it there for now - along with the planning (until Christmas and New Year are finished)

Let me know what you think - any suggestions and ideas on what next will be greatly received.

iPrincess26, Dec 14, 2011
    gildius likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. iPrincess26

Zoe

Wow, that venue is amazing. Fingers crossed the weather is good enough to have the ceremony outside. Your dress is stunning. I really like it in the pink too. Can't wait to see pics of it in ivory though. Good idea on making the dresses, those particular ones are sooooo expensive.

Zoe, Dec 14, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. iPrincess26

MrsC2Be

Love that you have a date sorted :D

Have to agree with you on the bridal shoe front - most are horrible and boring! I was really lucky to stumble across mine, sure you'll find something you love :)

Love the sound of your midnight blue bm dresses and fair play to you for making them, it can get to be so expensive, just because it's a big name wedding brand.

MrsC2Be, Dec 14, 2011
  4. iPrincess26

Becky

I completely agree with you about bridal shoes - it can be really difficult to find nice ones! I have to say though, they are generally quite comfortable, but they are also expensive for what they are.

I really like your idea about getting the BM dresses made, have you spoken to any dressmakers yet?

Lavendar mixed in with your flowers would be gorgeous, and will smell divine. I think we had lavendar in the gents button holes which looked really good! How about dusky pinks and purples for your flowers? It would look really nice against your ivory dress and also against the midnight blue of the BMs. Something like this maybe:

Bouquet.jpg

Becky, Dec 15, 2011
  5. iPrincess26

Helen

Loving the idea of midnight blue bridesmaids! Also think the bouquet Becky posted is gorgeous! Here are a few more...

How about having blue or silver shoes instead?

Attached Files:

Helen, Dec 15, 2011
  6. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Thanks for the flower ideas love them and will add to the collection to show the florist!

Becky not getting the dresses made I'm doing them myself! Crumbs looks fairly straight forward from the pattern although it's a long time since I made any clothing, hoping to get a new sewing machine for Christmas which will help, also making one for myself as a trail for a wedding we are going to in may so fingers crossed!

iPrincess26, Dec 15, 2011
  7. iPrincess26

Becky

Cor, you are a clever clogs to make those! :)

Becky, Dec 15, 2011
  8. iPrincess26

Keira

I love this idea of the planning thread im in the middle of trying to find our first dance song we have a special song from when we first met but its hard trying to find a slow version of it, there all dance version and i cant really imagine OH knocking out the shape (which i would find really funny) id be happy to join in to ha.

You seem really organised cant believe you have your dress already im going to look after xmas before i start back at work (as im on maternity leave). Our wedding dates the 22nd june our little girl will be 2 on the 19th june and our little boy will 6 so weve got flower girl and page boy sorted ha.
    Guest list all sorted to aswell as venue and food just need the rest now.

Keira xx

Keira, Dec 16, 2011
  9. iPrincess26

MrsBoucher2B2012

We are having lavender in our wedding i love the smell. You are very organised. If you want a hand with the invites you know where i am hun

MrsBoucher2B2012, Dec 20, 2011
  10. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Thanks Dani - although you may live to regret that offer! :)

iPrincess26, Dec 20, 2011
  11. iPrincess26

MrsBoucher2B2012

I cant find the template hun think it was on the laptop and h2b has the laptop in work trying to fix it. Will try and find one for you though

MrsBoucher2B2012, Dec 21, 2011
  12. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

No worries hun, thank you - after chirstmas will be fine, sit back and enjoy the holidays - sounds like you've had a manic time the last few months, glad Abi's birthday went well and hope she isn't too hyper about christmas. xx

iPrincess26, Dec 21, 2011
  13. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

http://www.johnlewis.com/304107/Product.aspx A link to my wedding shoes, they can be ticked off the list along with OH's suit!

I love my shoes, I sat and stroked them! Just need to get the flats now so I can actually walk a bit!

iPrincess26, Jan 15, 2012
  14. iPrincess26

Becky

Wow they are gorgeous! Wedges make them a bit easier to walk in too which is good :)

Becky, Jan 15, 2012
  15. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Whoop! Centre pieces can be ticked off the list now too! Got some fish bowl vases for only £6 each from sainsburys and some battery powered rose fairy lights to put inside they look fab. Will post a pic when I take one. Invite design is down to 3 and as we need so few it's going to be cheaper to get them made! We just need to decide which one and what details to put in them.

iPrincess26, Jan 22, 2012
  16. iPrincess26

poppleminster

I love your planning thread :) Agreed that Lavender colour will be gorgeous. Venue looks stunning and it's all coming along perfectly. YAY :)

poppleminster, Jan 22, 2012
  17. iPrincess26

MrsBoucher2B2012

I love your shoes.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jan 31, 2012
  18. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Thanks Hun, so do I. Take them out of the box once a week just to look at them (and maybe give them a little stroke) ;)

iPrincess26, Jan 31, 2012
    MrsC2Be likes this.
  19. iPrincess26

poppleminster

haha I do that with mine too. And my invites. I'll be sad when they are sent (which I REALLY must do).

poppleminster, Feb 2, 2012
  20. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Woo Hoo have just ordered my wedding underwear - ridiculously early I know but like my shoes seemed like a bargain and I can always send it back if it's crap! What do you all think?

http://www.simplyyours.co.uk/shop/product/details/show.action?pdLpUid=SG245&pdBoUid=4282&lpgUid=#colour:IVORY,size:

It's so hard finding nice underwear in large sizes (F/G cup) that doesn't cost the earth, i'm hoping it will be supportive enough, figure that as it has built in cups and my wedding dress is lace up then I should be able to keep things looking perky!

Also hoping my shoes aren't to high, but thinking it doesn't matter if they are as they are so pretty i'll get to show them off a bit. :)

iPrincess26, Feb 3, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question