Invites - What Information To Include?

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by Becky, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Becky

Becky

We are currently designing our wedding invites, and it has occurred to me that I don't know what information I should include!! :D

The front will have the main information - date, venue, etc. The wording was a bit tricky - our parents aren't involved in the planning or paying for the wedding, so we don't want to have the usual situation where the invite comes from the parents. Also both our parents are divorced which complicates things. Mum was a little put-out, but it wouldn't make sense otherwise.

Inside there will be a couple of pages of information, including local accommodation, how to get there and gift list. However it feels like we're missing something and I can't think what!

What information did you include in yours?

Becky, Nov 22, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Becky

ilovepink1984

I've think you've covered everything Becky - prob more than is needed. The only thing you haven't mentioned is RSVP - have you put a date to reply by or included a card? We did and we didn't have to chase up any invites - altho I understand this isn't the norm!

Our invites included the date, time and location of wedding and where the reception was being held afterwards with the RSVP date at the bottom.
    We then had a separate RSVP card with peoples names pre written on for them! with tick boxes for whether or not they could attend. This also included space for peoples dietary requirements and we asked people to request some songs for our DJ which went down really well

We also had an info sheet which was double sided. This had directions to the church from the North and from the South. Then it had info about the church and its grounds as it was a school - about where to park, the food we had laid on for guests arriving early and not to use confetti. Then it had accomadation info such as the reduced room rate we got with the venue and websites/tel numbers of local hotels. Then it had info about our gift list.

However - we had so many people ringing us and our parents asking for postcodes for their Sat navs and nobody turned up for the food as nobody had bothered to read the info! So don't go to too much trouble!

ilovepink1984, Nov 22, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Becky

Anon_SA

We included the dress code on ours as well - although we couldn't decide the correct wording as it's all so confusing so we put 'nice dresses for ladies, nice suits for men!'

Otherwise I think you have everything covered.

We included three options to RSVP also - a mobile number, a postal address, and a special wedding email address! (Now I realise we forgot to specify a date to RSVP by - but people by now should know how organised I am and how I will expect replies ASAP!!)

Becky, I would have thought you of all people would have got this sorted ages ago :D

I sent my last batch off today for the day invites. SCARY!!!

Anon_SA, Nov 22, 2010
  4. Becky

MrsLetts2Be

I'v attached a copy of our invites so you can see ours.
    We went with our names and then together with their families, we thouhgt was nice to include them as they have helped a bit but its our choice to invite these people.

I also sent out a little note inclduing a map to the hotel, hotel details to book rooms and nearby hotels.
    Also a rsvp card with date on xx

Attached Files:

MrsLetts2Be, Nov 22, 2010
  5. Becky

muckypaws

hey Ive put the usual in eg time place.........tear out RSVP ........directions..........menu.......alternate accomodation lol looked like a book when i had finished them can send you my template if you want :D

muckypaws, Nov 22, 2010
  6. Becky

MrsBrown

Ours sound similar, but we also put public transport on too and some local taxi numbers.

We also put a little bit about the venue, just to introduce it but also to let people know that it had a pond so watch the kids!!

We also put what time people had to go home, though we stole an idea from some else and put carriages at 11.30 (We thought it sounded a bit better than 8- 11.30 and we had to make it clear as they stated we had to pay extra if people over stayed- though in the end it was around 12.30 when we left and didnt!) However this caused a fair bit of confusion as people really didnt have a clue what carriages at 11.30 meant ha ha and kept asking!!!!!!!
    Made perfect sense to me though ha ha

MrsBrown, Nov 22, 2010
  7. Becky

Becky

Thank you so much ladies! It all seems so obvious when you say it, but my mind was completely blank!

MrsLetts2be - I really like your wording, thank you sharing :D

I'll let you know how we get on!

Becky, Nov 22, 2010
  8. Becky

Mrs T2B (Kel)

Our invites were really simple double sided postcards with "Kelly & T formally invite you ....."
    and then on the reverse side a space for their names to be written in...... to join us for our Wedding Ceremony, on 10th July at Hadley Park House, followed by a afternoon tea. RSVP by date, and then our address, my phone number and my email address.

We included a booking form for the hotel with details of prices on etc, full address and contact number. No one stayed over, but then we got married incredibly locally, however it was very nice to have a nice quiet breakfast together as Mr & Mrs T anyway :D

We never had a gift list to include .. we didn't want anything :D I never even included an RSVP card .. I was happy to receive txt message replies!

I think the 'norm' is .. of course the invite :D RSVP card, then info on the gift list, details on the venue (full address, contact number, sometimes a map) how to book accommodation at the venue .. I guess it depends on how far your guests are coming from.. perhaps it's worthwhile having 2 sets of stuff for locals who know their way around and another with more detail in for those who are travelling some distance.

Mrs T2B (Kel), Nov 22, 2010
  9. Becky

Becky

We really need to get our skates on with the invites - it's December tomorrow and we were planning on sending them out with Christmas cards! Eek! :)

Becky, Nov 30, 2010
  10. Becky

MrsBoucher2B2012

i have just finished sealing all our Christmas cards, hard than it sound as i use wax and a traditional stamp to add that little something extra. Makes me feel all Christmassy

MrsBoucher2B2012, Nov 30, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question