Invites On A Small Budget

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by tni.leanne88, Sep 1, 2010.

1. tni.leanne88

tni.leanne88

im in a major crisis, every quote we have been given for invites is way too high so we have decided to make them our selfs, only problem is neither me or h2b are very creative, im needing advice on places to by nice but cheap card and also ideas for my invites, my colours are teal and silver i know my weddings not till 2012 but im trying to get very organised ta girls xx

tni.leanne88, Sep 1, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. tni.leanne88

LoubieLou

Try vistaprint.com ( i think its .com anyway)

they aren't to expensive but the invites can be personalised.

or try hobbycraft for card and other wedding items... they have a whole section of wedding items including favour boxes, tiaras etc

LoubieLou, Sep 1, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. tni.leanne88

poppleminster

Poundland sell lots of craft stuff now including card blanks that are from handmade papers and are lovely. Invite needn't be expensive, 12 x 12 inch scrapbooking paper can be cut into strips and placed with a ribbon over and cost less than 30p each to make in bulk yet look really effective. If you look at my gallery, i've used this type of paper to cut to fit my pocketfolds. If you have a papermill then you can buy a5 card in bulk for under a fiver and just fold in half, get envelopes online cheaply and you're sorted :lol:

poppleminster, Sep 1, 2010
  4. tni.leanne88

MrsBrown

Hi, we got a friend to help! She designed them and we printed them off. We used card ready cut to size to make it easier and just added bits of sparkle to make them look fancy. Do you have a friend that could help?

MrsBrown, Sep 2, 2010
  5. tni.leanne88

missy03

Hiya, we went to a site called optimalprint.co.uk we got our invites for just under £56 and they were personalised, came with envelopes and had some sorta coating on (dont know what the coating was for h2b said yer get it lol) otherwise Colemans is a good place for card making stuff and hobbycraft like Loubielou said :lol:

missy03, Sep 2, 2010
  6. tni.leanne88

MrsBoucher2B2012

MrsBoucher2B2012, Sep 2, 2010
  7. tni.leanne88

Mrs Moggie

Mrs Moggie, Sep 2, 2010
  8. tni.leanne88

Helen

I did a really simple design (that I think looks ace lol). I bought a pack of 100 folded cards (£9.99 from most craft shops, office world type places etc) then cut them in half postcard style. I then found some gorgeous wrapping paper (you can go mad and get really expensive paper as you only need a couple of sheets) and cut squares out and stuck them on one side. The other side I got some coloured paper that we will print out invite on and stick on the other side.

You can get all sorts of crafty stick on bits to give you ideas.

I received a wedding invite the other week my friend had made and it was really elegant, she had folded the card and tied a ribbon round it, simple and elegant. :(

You don't need to be arty or crafty to make a gorgeous invite so experiment a bit and see how you get on :lol:

Helen, Sep 2, 2010
  9. tni.leanne88

VikingWife

Another shout for Vistaprint, we got ours from there, day and evening invitations and we paid only about £80 and they were gorgeous! We chose our own photos and wording etc. They have always got special offers on too!

VikingWife, Sep 2, 2010
  10. tni.leanne88

Becky Administrator

We are making invites ourselves and bought all the stuff from Paper Mill - a big box of whatever card / paper we wanted was only £4 which was a bargain :lol:

Becky, Sep 2, 2010
  11. tni.leanne88

tni.leanne88

thank you all so much will let u know how i get on xx

tni.leanne88, Sep 6, 2010
  12. tni.leanne88

Anon_SA

Same here!

Anon_SA, Sep 7, 2010
  13. tni.leanne88

MrsC2Be

I'm a papermill advocate too! Although be careful if you have a tendency to be uncontrollable around stationary. Take a sensible person to rein you in lol ;)

MrsC2Be, Sep 7, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question