Invite Rsvps

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by Helen, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Helen

Helen

For those of you who have sent out your invites have you found that people who reply quickly tend to accept where as those replying slower tend to decline?

Just wondering as my rsvps are starting to come in and I'm having a lot more acceptances than declines. I was expecting a lot to decline due to the distance and it being mid week. Having said that the people who have accepted I expected to accept and the ones I'm expecting to decline haven't replied yet. Don't know if my ramblings make any sense haha.

My oh hasn't given his invites out yet as he is hand delivering most of his as his guests are much more local than mine, so don't know if that pattern will be the same or not. B) :rolleyes: :huh: :)

Helen, Feb 25, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Helen

Zoe

Ours are still arriving in dribs and drabs. I told my mum the other day that we've got 3 couples (family) outstanding and that if I don't hear from them by Mid March I'll just presume they're not coming. She promptly text them as a gentle reminder and low and behold they've all now responded to say they're coming!! Still waiting for some of the evening people to respond though.

Zoe, Feb 25, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. Helen

Mrsg2b2011

Hi hun, to be honest we have only had a couple of people decline, not sure if I am happy or sad about that tbh lol. Want the there obviously but its getting expensive lol! However I have found that the ones who have replied later on the ones we had to chase up (as our deadline was last Friday) are coming but they 'just thought we knew they would be coming!!!' oh & don't be surprised if your evening guests don't RSVP as it appears they think they don't have to!!! Check out my FB page from last week to see what I mean lol.
    Hope all your plans are going well xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Feb 25, 2011
  4. Helen

MrsBrown

I had same issue, we got all accept for ages and had delayed sending out eve do incase we had lots of declines. In the end we send the eve ones then got lots of declines..... Some people we knew they couldnt come and still needed chasing up. Oh well i only had 80 people not 1900 like thw roysls can you imagine chasing theirs!!

MrsBrown, Feb 25, 2011
  5. Helen

Helen

We haven't sent out evening invites yet as we were waiting to see how many couldn't come to the day first. I should have put a tighter rsvp date on the first batch of day invites doh!

Helen, Feb 26, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question