In Need Of Motivation (Or A Kick Up The Back Side!)

Discussion in 'Weight loss and Fitness' started by MrsBrown, Jan 18, 2011.

1. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

Hi all,

I lost a fair amount of weight a while back but in the run up to the wedding put on weight (stress makes me eat) then since the wedding I have just eaten and eaten and eaten!! I hoped I might be eating for two but that hasnt happened yet, but now I feel huge!!

I need some motivation or as the title puts it a kick up the arse!!

I have joined fat class (my term for the local slimming group) so thats a start, but not at all motivated. Its not been helped by the fact that I went on week 1 with my friend who has now found out she is pregnant, she had only been trying a few weeks and though I am dead pleased for her, also feel sad for myself and guilty for being jealous too. I know its all early days in our trying and all the stuff i read says dont worry, but it is easier said than done! Maybe I should post this in the babies section too ha ha!

Anyway not much anyone can say, just an tips? advice (either on getting pregnant or dieting) will we welcome!!

MrsBrown, Jan 18, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsBrown

MrsLetts2Be

I lost a lot of weight with a slimming club they are good just dont take it to seriosuly and still try and enjoy life otherwise it gets a bit depressing!

I also joined the gym and took up a "fun class" something that gets you fit but doesnt make you hate excerise :)
    Boxercise is good and Zumba xx

As for the pregnancy tips, sorry i cant give those just yet, we are going to try after the wedding but after having 2 miscarriages before i know it wont be easy!
    Just remember this! it takes the average woman between a year and 18 months to concieve.

Keep trying and have lots of practise, they say every other day is good and not every day as your hubbie boys wont be up to the challenge every day and they will be weaker than evwry other day xxx

Good luck "sprinkles magic baby dust for Mrs Brown"
    xxx

MrsLetts2Be, Jan 19, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsBrown

MrsC2Be

Can't really comment on the baby thing, apart from to say that losing weight and eating healthily will help, so try to keep your diet as good as you can :)

I can help with the diet motivation thing though, I go through phases of immense focus and being some sort of weight loss/exercise god to being a chocolate munching slob. What I've found works for me is setting an easily achievable goal that I know I can do - for me, I need to lose about a stone really, so have said a pound a week and I'll be at nearly that much in 3 months. 12 Weeks isn't that long and I know I'll be feeling great about myself by that point. Feeling like you're actually making headway on your target is a brilliant motivator. And measuring inches rather than weight (or as well as) is a good one, because if you gain muscle from toning at the gym, you'll gain weight and can feel like giving up, when really, you've lost inches. Taking full length photos of yourself is a good thing to do, you can look at the start and then actually see the progress you're making. Too often people forget where they've come from.

Learning to cook your favourite meals in a lower fat way is the best thing ever (think that Gizzy bird) because you don't ever feel like you're missing out. And as for exercise, if you can make yourself do a bit of something everyday you've cracked it. Even going for a walk when you feel like you can't be bothered will make you feel better :)

MrsC2Be, Jan 19, 2011
    MrsMay2011 likes this.
  4. MrsBrown

ExcitedMrsH2b

I'm also struggling, it has to be said.[​IMG]

But, I did make a lovely spag bol with quorn mince instead of normal mince, loadsa veg and it was scrummy. I think that Quorn may be my new best foodie friend over the next 6 months! Apparently, it has same or more protein than meat, but is VERY low in fat. (There was absolutely NO fat in the pan as I cooked, so that made me feel very virtuous!)

Am also trying to get on the Wii more. Did and hour of Just Dance and pulled my shoulder muscle 2 weeks ago - ouch. Is just about better now, but I will warm up slow and take it easy from now on. I bought some ankle and wrist weights (the wrist ones to help with the bingo wings), so will use those while dancing - AFTER I've warmed up properly!!

Good luck to all us tryers. Let's keep each other posted on our ups and downs - we CAN do it! x

ExcitedMrsH2b, Jan 19, 2011
  5. MrsBrown

Becky Administrator

It's always best to do everything in moderation - quick weight loss will not be sustainable, so instead try and lose weight gradually but steadily. Don't completely deny yourself treats - maybe swap chocolate for a piece of dark chocolate, I always find that quite satisfying (not Bourneville though, that doesn't count!)

I agree with the comments above - staying active is a big help too. It keeps your metabolism going too! If you don't like the gym (I think it is really boring) try classes instead.

I don't know any tips for getting pregnant, but don't let the length of time worry you, it's completely normal! I'm sure Baby Brown will make an appearance in good time :)

Becky, Jan 19, 2011
  6. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

Thanks ladies. I lost 2lb at fat class tonight so feel a bit better, that 9lb in total!.

Though on bad news, been to see gp and had to have a few tests regarding my cycle (yuk yuk but better to be safe than sorry!!) Seriously I am going back on contreception, since we started trying I have developed bleeding between periods and sore breasts! I am sure my body likes to wind me up ha ha!!

MrsBrown, Jan 19, 2011
  7. MrsBrown

MrsBoucher2B2012

give it a few more months for your body to get rid of all the hormones from the contraception.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jan 20, 2011
  8. MrsBrown

poppleminster

I'm starting fat club next week. Dreading it but have put on 3 stone in a year somehow! After losing loads, I am gutted to have put some back on. ALso got an appointment for the doctor as I put the weight on only in the past 4 months of the year. Thyroid test time again :) Feeling really miserable about it but never mind. Stupid body, oh to be able to be thin! I am allergic to my own insulin, allergic to the standard one they give out and the only other one causes weight gain and nausea continuously. I am also allergic to thyroxine so if my thyroid has gone again then i'm kind of fighting a losing battle. Ah well, will see how it goes. So far have followed the dieticians advice and put weight on. I'm sure they don't believe I do follow it accuraretly and i'm sick of the snide comments about how I must be forgetting to count the things I eat / drink but don't want to write down. Fat club is kind of the last resort having exhausted other options.

Glad to hear it's working for you, I am joining for the motivation mainly. I give up otherwise.

poppleminster, Jan 21, 2011
  9. MrsBrown

Frogbitch

The weight I have put on since going on the mini pill means that I now can't get into most of my clothes, and I can't seem to think about much else.
    I only need to lose maybe half a stone in order to feel comfortable, and my main vice is alcohol, so, no more drinking on weekdays for me. Ugh.
    In the run up to the wedding, I found that cutting out heavy carbs is an easy way for me to lose weight. I just cannot be bothered with counting points or syns.

I have the best motivation ever...... My new Vivien of Holloway dress is too tight!

Frogbitch, Feb 6, 2011
  10. MrsBrown

juliak

I agree with MrsBoucher re: giving your body more time before you resume the pill, how long were you on it? It does take your body months to settle down unfortunately. I think you need to give yourself a break and try not to stress about becoming pregnant (hard I know), there are two reasons for this, the first being that stress hugely impacts weight loss, it is proven that if you're stressed it will be harder to lose that extra bit of weight, secondly it also impedes fertility. I know sooo many woman who, when they relaxed about becoming pregnant became pregnant! Many Dr's will not intervene with fertility tests etc until you have been trying up to 2 years (area dependant). I have seen evidence that many women may not become pregnant till up to a year from coming off of the pill, evidence also suggests that you have two proper periods after coming of off the pill (this can take a few months). Mind you everyone is different!

I, too have put on nearly a stone and like FB mine in mainly alcohol, plus inactivity....keeping active keeps the metabolism going, I know, ironic that i'm trained in corrective exercise and nutrition!

ExcitedMrsH2b - please be careful with the ankle weights, they've been proven to cause problems with some peoples ankles so take it easy with them.

Good luck to all of you ladies!

xxx

juliak, Feb 6, 2011
  11. MrsBrown

Frogbitch

I got into my dress this morning....just.

Frogbitch, Feb 17, 2011
  12. MrsBrown

iPrincess26

Yay! Well done Fb I really need to get back into my healthy eating routine and start swimming again, also not having pringles for breakfast would prob be a good idea! oh wel there is always tomorrow!

iPrincess26, Feb 18, 2011
  13. MrsBrown

MrsBoucher2B2012

best way to lose weight when on the pill have gallstones lol. since cutting out all things fatty i am the same weight i was when i was 18 yay. If i dont cut out all fatty things i end up in hell about 3 times a week at the moment with my flipping gallstones.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Feb 18, 2011
  14. MrsBrown

Sez

Hoorah! thats great... although painful way to do it! saying that i think i lost loads of weight when i had my tongue pierced! haha best diet ever!

Sez, Feb 18, 2011
  15. MrsBrown

bella.sy

Try zumba. Some say it's fun and interesting! Also join your friends with you so you'll not get bored.

bella.sy, Mar 29, 2012
  16. MrsBrown

Frogbitch

Our second anniversary is eight weeks away, and I'm about half a stone heavier than I feel comfortable with.
    I can get into my dress, but it's looked better.
    Things would be so much easier if my skinny husband weren't in charge of the shopping budget.

Frogbitch, Jun 26, 2012
  17. MrsBrown

Becky Administrator

Ooh what are your plans for your second anniversary?

Becky, Jun 27, 2012
  18. MrsBrown

Frogbitch

We won a night back at our venue in a Facebook photo competition, and we've upgraded to the suite I got ready in on the day.
    We did the same last year and had a great time.
    I'd live it to be a yearly tradition, but it's a pretty expensive night without the benefit of freebies!!

Frogbitch, Jun 27, 2012
  19. MrsBrown

Becky Administrator

Sounds great, I'm sure you'll have a lovely time. Are those gorgeous shoes coming out again?

Becky, Jun 28, 2012
  20. MrsBrown

Helen

Sounds fabulous. Def bring out the shoes! :)

Helen, Jun 28, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question