I'm Starting To Panic Nothing Will Match! :-(

Discussion in 'Wedding Fashion' started by WelshBride, Aug 1, 2010.

1. WelshBride

WelshBride

Well its as the title says ladies :)

The big day is only 19 days away and I'm really starting to worry that nothing will match. My dress is ivory with red flowers on
    [​IMG]

and the bridesmaids are in gold
    [​IMG]

The men are in black suits with an ivory waistcoat with red swirls on and red ties and they are having gold rose buttonholes.

I'm really worrying now that its all going to look odd and nothing will match. the bm dresses were bought in BHS and we havent tried them on all together with my dress.
    There will be other gold things around on the tables but I'm panking that we're all going to look stupid standing together :(

WelshBride, Aug 1, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. WelshBride

Mrsg2b2011

Hunny I honestly think it will look fabulous!
    I read on another forum just the other day about a similar thread & a lady who is married said she had the same worry of nothing matching yet on the wedding day she didn't give it a thought & in the pics it looks amazing!
    Have you sorted everything now? Just thinking if you have everything done then you have nothing to worry about so are worrying about this instead!! lol.
    Nothing to worry about hun it will look fab & the fact you have gold picked out on other pieces on the table and the gold button holes will tie it all together nicely. Don't worry hun just relax & out your feet up enjoying your last 2 weeks before you become a Mrs!!! :) :Dxxx

Mrsg2b2011, Aug 1, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. WelshBride

WelshBride

you're prob right!
    I'm pretty much sorted just need to get the favour bags, so on the tables there will be cream napkins (venue cant get gold) gold favour bags and gold table crystal.
    I just keep thinking that we're all going to look really stupid and out of place in the photos!!

WelshBride, Aug 1, 2010
  4. WelshBride

MrsBrown

MY friend had burgandy and gold as her wedding colours so dont worry. I worry I have too many colours, purple, ivory, silver and now some bits of pink!!

MrsBrown, Aug 1, 2010
  5. WelshBride

WelshBride

I'm glad I'm not the only one lol!

Damn my bridesmaid and her ginger hair hahaha!! I should have stuck to my original plans and made her wear a blonde wig for the day so they could have red dresses :)

WelshBride, Aug 1, 2010
  6. WelshBride

MrsMay2011

It sounds to me like things DO match! Red gold and ivory sounds like a lovely combination!

I went to a wedding in June, and it was only afterwards when I stopped to think what the theme was I realised nothing matched. The bridesmaids were in turquoise & black, the venue in sage green and the groomsmen in duck egg blue and cream! It looked fine and No-one noticed and I only did when I really thought about it!

Sometimes I wonder why we worry ourselves so much lol x

MrsMay2011, Aug 1, 2010
  7. WelshBride

WelshBride

It really is pathetic the things we worry about!
    H2b and just ranted at me for worrying over nothing and told me to get a grip on myself! I do feel slightly better now you've all reassured me :)
    Thanks guys xx

WelshBride, Aug 1, 2010
  8. WelshBride

Mrsg2b2011

LOL yes but if you had done that you would be starting a thread now saying 'will my bridesmaids wig fall off?' LOL it will all look amazing hun. You must be getting so excited now!! xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Aug 2, 2010
  9. WelshBride

iPrincess26

WelshBride your colours sound like they will be great together - my maids are in burgundy dresses and we are planning on gold shoes for them and my dress is ivory and burgundy/claret embroidery so similar colours and it should look fab.

You shouldn't have mentioned the wig as I am now thinking I could get one for me - send it to the hairdresses to get styled and I can have a few hours extra in bed! Think I could get away with it?

iPrincess26, Aug 2, 2010
  10. WelshBride

Becky

I think it will all look great together! :lol:

As everyone else has said, red and gold is such a lovely combination!

Becky, Aug 2, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question