I'm Getting Married

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by sparkledream, May 5, 2011.

1. sparkledream

sparkledream

Ok, so fingers crossed as long as we can arrange a registrar, i will be getting married on June 5th. (one month today)

I must be insane to try and plan it in a month, but here goes.

For anyone who doesn't know. OH and I have been together for 5 years, and been engaged for 3. His mum is terminally ill, and going down hill. she has good days and bad days, but is would mean so much to her, OH and I, and his family for her to see us get married. We've been hoping to get married since we got engaged, but had gotten used to the idea of not being able to for years due to lack of funds.

Well that still hasn't changed, our money for rings, outfits, flowers, stationary etc, is about £800-£1000.
    I have a month to sort this all in (EEK)
    So far we have
    Booked the venue and package
    I bought a bargain dress (£30) but it needs some beads added.

we're planning on using M&S vouchers to buy the cake, but will need it decorating
    OH can borrow a lambo to get to the venue in
    My bridesmaids will me LO (8) and sister (22 size 14)
    Stationary from wh smiths (printed off a £5 voucher this morning)

and that's it.
    I dont have the internet at home, so everything will need to be high street.

In a word HELP!!!!!!! :D

sparkledream, May 5, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. sparkledream

ElmoGrace

An easy way to decorate a store bought cake is to pick one flower and make it in sugar paste. I have decorated a cousins cake in pink tipped daisies - they are fairly easy to do. Or if you don't fancy decorating it in sugar paste you can always insert wired paper flowers - also quite quick and easy to make.

What kind of dresses were you thinking for the bridesmaids?

ElmoGrace, May 5, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. sparkledream

poppleminster

Rightyho, given that I know the area you are in...

If you like, you may borrow my cake stand if you need one. I have a book on how to make sugarflowers of all descriptions or you could use something simple like a ribbon and diamante buckle round the outside and just decorate the top?

Which venue have you got? I've not been on much as I only just got my new broadband working properly.

Dresses for bm's: get yourself into Debenhams as they have a huge sale on as do BHS and two of the wedding shops on South Street. If you're ok with just nice dresses without the extra price-tag for being for a wedding then check out Monsoon's current sale as they are up to 75% off but only in the Exeter high street store.

I am so glad it's working out for you and am now in Okehampton if you need moral support!

Yaaaaaaay. You can do it in a month :D
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx

poppleminster, May 5, 2011
  4. sparkledream

sparkledream

girlies thank you. I think we'll be able to do the cake, and were planning on simple ribbon and maybe some decorations.

popple, thanks for the high street tips, i think i will get in there on monday or tuesday. I think of all the things bridesmaid dressed will be the issue, due to time, cost, and age difference.

I have enquired about some shoes and a BM dress for LO from the free ads.

we have a meeting with the registrar on the 16th, but everything should be fine, even with the rush.

I'm excited but conscious of the limited time.

and we're holding it all at the lord haldon hotel. i get a red carpet andd everything!

5. sparkledream

poppleminster

I love that hotel! Brilliant. I am so excited for you. Great news, I know how much you wanted to do it this year and not long now either!

poppleminster, May 5, 2011
  6. sparkledream

sparkledream

thanks hun

7. sparkledream

MrsBrown

MrsBrown, May 5, 2011
  8. sparkledream

Frogbitch

Have you thought about favours? If you wanted to do a sweetie table, I have loads of bags left from my wedding that I'd be happy to send you.

Frogbitch, May 5, 2011
  9. sparkledream

sparkledream

frogbitch, thank you, OH poo'd my idea of a sweet table. but favours yes probably. what type of bags are they?

sparkledream, May 6, 2011
  10. sparkledream

MrsBrown

If you havent got time to organise the sweetie table or want to save your budget for something else, why not give everyone a mini pack of love hearts as a favour?

Or a friend of mine didnt have favours but put lindor chocolates in a bowl on the tables, we could tuck in as favours and it ws something different too!

or you could make cookies and put people's names on to double up as place names?

MrsBrown, May 6, 2011
  11. sparkledream

sparkledream

OOH, lindor chocolates i like that idea. I'm going shopping, hitting the high street next week

sparkledream, May 6, 2011
  12. sparkledream

MrsMay2011

So pleased your wedding is full steam ahead!
    There's loads of those lindt mini eggs chocs on sale cheap at the mo after Easter to snap up.
    We're just going to put fresh flowers on top of our cake, I think it looks v elegant and is v easy.

Go to The Works (discount book place) for equipment to make stationary, great selection of blank cards/envelopes and pretty craft papers etc.
    I made our invites fairly cheaply/simply (approx £40 for £150) so let me know if you want a quick breakdown of materials and how to put together x

MrsMay2011, May 6, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question