I'm Engaged !

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Alicia_Leoni, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Alicia_Leoni

Alicia_Leoni

My other half proposed to me on the 18th ! I am SO excited!! We have been together for almost 2years and we have a 7year old daughter. I do not have a clue about weddings at all. I have only ever been to one and I was a lot younger so I don't really remember. So basically I have no idea where I start!! haha. So get prepared for all my questions! XXX

Attached Files:

Alicia_Leoni, Jul 23, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. Alicia_Leoni

Becky

Congratulations!! :D Welcome to the forums, there are lots of handy tips here!

When it comes to planning, the first thing to book is usually the venue. Are you having a church wedding or a civil ceremony? Roughly when are you thinking of getting married?

Becky, Jul 24, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. Alicia_Leoni

AmyStuart

Lovely e-ring :) congratulations! :)

AmyStuart, Jul 24, 2013
  4. Alicia_Leoni

MrsT_2be

Ahh.. Congrats and welcome!

MrsT_2be, Jul 24, 2013
  5. Alicia_Leoni

Helen

Congratulations! Welcome to bigday :)

Helen, Jul 25, 2013
  6. Alicia_Leoni

MrsGroves2B

Congratulations! Enjoy every minute of the planning and of course the big day when it comes along! xx

MrsGroves2B, Jul 29, 2013
  7. Alicia_Leoni

alina10

congratulation and welcome

alina10, Aug 11, 2013
  8. Alicia_Leoni

nikster1987

Congratulations and welcome! I've found some amazing ideas and help since I've joined, so I know you will too! Got a date in mind? xx

nikster1987, Aug 11, 2013
  9. Alicia_Leoni

Alicia_Leoni

i have been so busy with lots going on so i haven't really started! i have looked up ideas and dresses and that on the net but thats about it. today has been my day to start, i have started phoning venues etc today, a few need to get back to me, some i need to call in a few days, got my first viewing a venue next tuesday woop. i wanted a church since i was a little girl but we now have decided against it, i've got told it costs more? and he's not religious or even christened so he really doesn't want to. i've had a look and you really can make some places look lovely so i am very happy with that now. so either a registry office or looking into somewhere that i can hold the ceremony and have my 'do' after. still unsure if we are having a sit down meal or a buffet though, as we are inviting two sets of people, first lot unsure if it's kids and their parents and then the rest what as we don't want children at the evening. the wedding will only be 20people approx from what i've jotted down and the meal would only be them people if we had one, then the evening would be everyone else aswel adding up to approx 95 at the moment, but thinking of a no children past such a time.. wedding to be mid/end of june-beginning/mid july 2014 so just under a year.

Alicia_Leoni, Aug 13, 2013
  10. Alicia_Leoni

Alicia_Leoni

thank you for the congratulations !

11. Alicia_Leoni

Becky

Sounds like you're off to a good start! I hope your first viewing goes well on Tuesday, you'll have to let us know how you get on! :D

Becky, Aug 13, 2013
  12. Alicia_Leoni

Alicia_Leoni

thanks :) I have just posted a new message. About when do I start planning which bit? when do I choose my dress? suits? bridesmaid dress? send invites? choose rings etc etc etc?x

1. Advertisements

Ask a Question