I Need Ideas?!

Discussion in 'Stag and Hen Parties' started by MrsK2b, May 15, 2010.

1. MrsK2b

MrsK2b

I really need Ideas for my hen party..My BM's want to go to Rome for 3 days but I'm not sure about the cost with the euro and all.

So what are you girls up to? x

MrsK2b, May 15, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsK2b

Becky

Hi MrsK2b welcome to the forums [​IMG]

For my hen do, I was all for just a night out in Manchester (where I live). However my maid of honour said that people don't just have a night out any more, it's got to be the whole shebang, and it'll reflect badly on her if it isn't a big do!! [​IMG]

Not really made any definite plans yet, but thinking along the lines of a weekend away with the girls but probably staying in the UK.

Rome sounds good - have you been there before? It's a lovely place, but as you point out it's very pricey with the Euro at it's current level. But then the same applies for most places in the EU at the moment! If you want to save on cash a bit, you could hire a villa between you all which would be cheaper than a hotel, and that way you can cater for yourselves too.

Becky, May 16, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsK2b

MrsBrown

I have no idea what i am doing for my hen night! I recieved an inviation telling me where to be and what date! My matron of honour has organised a surprise, I am a bit scared but excited too!!

I have just been to go ape for a friends do this weekend, then she had a french themed party in the apartment (she met he husband2b in france) We all had french outfits and a french meal and champagne. It was great!!

MrsBrown, May 16, 2010
  4. MrsK2b

MrsStanding2Be

I'm hoping to try and drop some hints about going to a spa for the weekend lol, i dont drink so dont want to go to any clubs i just want to relax lol what a killjoy lol i was thinking about having my nails done have a facial, massage etc........

MrsStanding2Be, May 17, 2010
  5. MrsK2b

MrsK2b

I would love to stay In the UK and just have a lovely evening with the girls but everyone really wants to go away! If they pay for my flight and hotel I think I will go, I think thats fair! I went to Rome with my partner around 6 months ago and we had a great time, the city was so lovely :D

MrsK2b, May 17, 2010
  6. MrsK2b

Helen

I don't want one! :lol:

Going to have to think of something as all my friends are really different and don't all like the same things. Might have a bbq or something simple :D

Helen, May 17, 2010
  7. MrsK2b

Becky

It seems that most of here don't really want a big 'do' and are just doing it for everyone else! Never really thought about it like that before [​IMG]

Becky, May 17, 2010
  8. MrsK2b

MrsStanding2Be

I'd be happy sitting at home watching a girly film pop corn, chocolate possibly hire someone to pamper us all night! that actually sounds really good lol

MrsStanding2Be, May 17, 2010
  9. MrsK2b

juliak

I'm sorting out my own (because i'm a fussy cow!) We're going to the same restaurant that we're having our wedding breakfast in and then on to a nice bar where we can sit and listen to a band. I really don't want a big fuss or end up in a club..... I just want to have a quiet, relaxed evening with my favourite people.

juliak, May 17, 2010
  10. MrsK2b

happyB2B

imnot to sure what to do either i think we will go for some chineese food as i love it then maybe our for drinks???
    on the other hand i was thinking of a good old fashion pub crawl where i grew up???

happyB2B, May 25, 2010
  11. MrsK2b

Becky

Sounds good to me! [​IMG]

Becky, May 26, 2010
  12. MrsK2b

MrsBoucher2B2012

I dont want a lot of fuss im not a fan of clubbing now at almost 21 so i dont think that will change in two years.

Most of my friends will be doing their 3rd year exams in uni so wont be able to make the hen do. So me and my MOH are going to have our nails done and get a massage the day before the wedding and a few weeks before the wedding im going to invite some of H2B friends up for a curry face masks and plenty of wine.

MrsBoucher2B2012, May 26, 2010
  13. MrsK2b

ilovepink1984

I'm not sure what to do either. I'm not into clubbing/drinking anymore as I have two children and one glass of wine makes me lightheaded!

I would quite like to go back to Cardiff where i went to Uni and where a few uni friends still live to visit my old haunts!! i will prob do this with my younger friends from school and then I think we are going out for a big meal at something called the 'Secret Supper Society'. Basically its at someone house and every Friday they cater a 5 course meal for up to 25 people. Min of 10 for it to be exclusive to your group. And she can theme the night too. Its ran by someone at my H2Bs school who used to work in a michelin star restaurant before she had children. Its usually £25 a head for 5 courses and drinks but we get a discount to £15pp!! This will be for my 'mummy' friends and family members. [​IMG]

ilovepink1984, May 26, 2010
  14. MrsK2b

Mrsg2b2011

Thank you everyone!!!! I don't want a big hen do either!!! Everyone says it has to be but I would just be happy to go to a spa for the day then go to jongleurs (its not called that anymore but don't know new name [​IMG] ) comedy club where you have dinner, lots & lots of laughs and then dancing afterwards. I don't want a whole weekend as will miss my little man & big man too much just want to enjoy it with the close friends. I have never been a pubbing clubbing person so don't want to do something I might not enjoy when it is supposed to be my night! However I am lucky as my sister is my MOH & she has just found out she is expecting again [​IMG] so baby will only be about 8weeks old when having hen do so she won't want to be away either so atleast I can count on her to organise something sensible. Mind you I do still want to dress up though just for fun [​IMG]

Maybe we should all have our mad hen dos with our friends then all meet up together to have a sensible multi hen do [​IMG] xxx

Mrsg2b2011, May 27, 2010
  15. MrsK2b

Becky

Great idea! [​IMG]

Becky, May 27, 2010
  16. MrsK2b

Mrsg2b2011

He he I'm up for it [​IMG] [​IMG] x

Mrsg2b2011, May 27, 2010
  17. MrsK2b

ilovepink1984

Haha, yes we do all seem rather boring don't we! I don't mind going to a club as I'm mad enough without drink to make a fool of myself/do dares/dance wildly. I'm def one of those people who doesn't need drink to have a good time!!

Multi sensible hen do sounds good tho. I'm in!! [​IMG] [​IMG] xxx

ilovepink1984, May 28, 2010
  18. MrsK2b

juliak

That's a great idea mrsg2b! Count me in!

juliak, May 28, 2010
  19. MrsK2b

MrsBoucher2B2012

That is a great idea im in

MrsBoucher2B2012, May 28, 2010
  20. MrsK2b

Scarlett~lady

I'm leaving it up to my bridesmaids, but I have stipulated NO STRIPPER!!! All I want is a nice relaxing Spa weekend followed by quite a few bottles of the old Rouge in a nice country pub where we can have a laugh and most importantly hear each other speak ha ha !! I'm wondering what they will come up with, I'm betting its going to be the complete opposite ha ha ! x

Scarlett~lady, May 28, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question