I Need Help! Dress Related!

Discussion in 'Wedding Fashion' started by MrsT2b!!, Aug 15, 2010.

1. MrsT2b!!

MrsT2b!!

Hi everyone.

I really need help.
    We are 90% sure that we are changing our wedding to get married in South Lake Tahoe, California in February instead of getting married over here in July.
    I really need help tho. It will be the winter season over there and god knows what the snow will be like (hopefully there will be a lot) but I think I might have a dress problem.

I have this dress below and really cant find another dress that I like or suit but H2B mentioned that a dress with a trail might get ruined over there because of the snow and asked if I could find another one!!!
    I really love this dress and know is the one but wondered what everyone's opinion on wearing it in the snow? It will only be trailing a little bit as I can lift it while walking and will be inside most of the time.

Opinions please!!!!

x x x x x

Attached Files:

MrsT2b!!, Aug 15, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsT2b!!

MrsC2Be

Ok, first up your dress is stunning :)

If you aren't going to be walking around outside a lot, I can't see it being a problem. Hold it up and get your bridesmaids to help you, if you only have to get from the car to the venue (for example) it shouldn't be a problem. Will you be having photos outside? That could be an issue, you don't want to have to be holding it up in all of your pictures.

There will be a way around it if you really really want that particular dress. You could use this as an excuse to try on hundreds more and get totally spoilt :) Have you thought about getting a shorter style of dress? x

MrsC2Be, Aug 15, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsT2b!!

Scarlett~lady

I think that dress is stunning and will look even more so in the snow, it may get a little wet but it'll dry pretty quick I should think, I go snowboarding a lot and I used to have white selopetes and they never got dirty and I used to roll around in the snow !! Lake tahoe sounds gorgoeus i am very jealous ! :)

Scarlett~lady, Aug 15, 2010
  4. MrsT2b!!

Becky

What a gorgeous dress! :) I think it would look amazing in the winter - as it is white with silver detailing you could go a bit 'Snow Queen'! Might be worth getting a jacket or (fake) fur wrap to keep you warm, just in case you want some photos doing outside though. In terms of it trailing in the snow, it probably wouldn't be much worse than dresses trailing over dewy grass - in fact it's probably better as snow will be cleaner!!

Becky, Aug 15, 2010
  5. MrsT2b!!

MrsT2b!!

Thank you for all your replys. It helps sooo much getting everyones opinion!!

We will be inside most of the time so when im outside il just hold it up with the help of my bridesmaids. When im getting pictures done, il just get it placed down and not move!!! haha. x x x x

MrsT2b!!, Aug 15, 2010
  6. MrsT2b!!

juliak

Definitely wear it! I'd hate to think that you chose a different one and not be as happy or end up being resentful. Yours is a gorgeous dress, go for it! I agree with Becky re the faux fur shrug though, it could be an option if you choose to have some pics outside. xxx

juliak, Aug 15, 2010
  7. MrsT2b!!

poppleminster

you can always google a wedding shop in the area and email them to ask advice :)

I suspect it'll be absolutely fine. Worst scenario, you have to dry clean it.

poppleminster, Aug 15, 2010
  8. MrsT2b!!

Helen

What a fab idea I'd love a snowy wedding. I agree with the other ladies, I would have thought your dress will be fine. The type of snow is much more 'dry' than we get in this country so I would have thought you will be able to wear it without getting it wet. That dress will look amazing in some snowy pics! :)

Helen, Aug 15, 2010
  9. MrsT2b!!

iPrincess26

Wear it!!! Sorry, its an amazing dress and that's also how it makes you feel by the sounds of it, so wear it, the snow shouldn't cause any problems although I agree with Becky about the shrug if your planning on photos outside - you don't want to look as though you are your something blue! :)

iPrincess26, Aug 15, 2010
  10. MrsT2b!!

MrsBoucher2B2012

stunning dress. If you love it then go for it like the others have said just hold it up and it will most likely get a little wet.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Aug 16, 2010
  11. MrsT2b!!

Mrsg2b2011

If it is THE dress then wear it!! Don't spend the rest of your life regretting not wearing it just because the bottom might get wet. I know people who have got married over here and their dresses are filthy at the bottom so it really doesn't matter where you are it will happen. It is a gorgeous dress & you will look amazing! xxxx

Mrsg2b2011, Aug 16, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question