I Need Help And Suggestions Asap

Discussion in 'Pregnancy, Babies and Children' started by MrsBoucher2B2012, Jun 5, 2010.

1. MrsBoucher2B2012

MrsBoucher2B2012

My six and half month old daughter has loads of little raised red spots on her tummy and chest, a few on her back but none anywhere else. Last night we thought chicken pox, but this morning they looked better. This evening before her bath they looked really bad and they are still there now no difference what so ever. I have not changed anything that i can think of (soap,fabric softener etc). She has just started stage two foods but nothing new. Grandparents had her Thursday night and said she had a few spots but only a couple.

As far as we can tell she is fine, taking her food, fighting nap time, downing her milk and pulling my hair all normal. She does not seem to have any other symptoms she is not itching the spots, they dont seem to bother her.

Any ideas what it could be?

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jun 5, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsBoucher2B2012

Mrsg2b2011

If you are unsure hun take her to out of hours. My son has the same thing but I think his is heat rash as the weather is so hot for them bless their hearts. Better to be safe & make sure she is fine but because she is still her normal self I would say she is ok but obviously I am not a doctor. Sorry waffling on now lol. Let us know how she is xxx ps ALWAYS trust your instinct there is nothing like a mothers instinct to know when something is up :D x

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 5, 2010
    MrsBoucher2B2012 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsBoucher2B2012

MrsBoucher2B2012

Thanks hun. We dont have out of hours, the doctors up here are useless. If it carries on i will take her first thing monday morning, though my doctors tends to roll her eyes at me a lot.[​IMG]

4. MrsBoucher2B2012

Mrsg2b2011

Aaah poor you! I hate it when doctors do that! Sometimes they think they are so much better than everyone yet sometimes the patient does know best...

Yes give it till monday if she is ok in herself. I know if you are worried you would just take her to a&e. Let us know how she is hun xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 5, 2010
  5. MrsBoucher2B2012

MrsBoucher2B2012

thanks i will do. The only thing i can think of is heat rash but it doesnt look right and she isnt itchy so im stumped.

6. MrsBoucher2B2012

poppleminster

If the spot have no white / yellow then it's not chicken pox. Prickly heat is an option and also a virus could cause it. Children in particular are susceptible to virus spots unlike adults that rarely get rashes with them.

Out of hours docs if you're worried and she gets a temperature but otherwise lots of fluid and cuddles. You could try an antihistamine which would do no harm provided you buy the one for babies - if it's prickly heat or a virus that should calm the itching by slowing the bodies reaction which is to make loads of histamine to combat the rash. If that makes sense.

Thinking of you, keep us updated :)

poppleminster, Jun 5, 2010
  7. MrsBoucher2B2012

MrsBoucher2B2012

Thought i would give you a quick update.

Still no idea what is causing it. She woke up this morning after 12 hour sleep which is very odd for her (normally a 5:30 riser), almost spot free but then at about 10ish we noticed they had reappeared all over her tummy and chest again. She has been in just her vest all day and no change until we gave her a bath this evening, they had faded slightly but she is now very itchy and keeps waking herself up by scratching in her sleep[​IMG].

They dont do any antihistamine for babies under one year old but thanks for the suggestion poppleminster, i might take her down to the doctors tomorrow morning and see if she can give me something to help ease it if not get rid of it.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jun 6, 2010
  8. MrsBoucher2B2012

poppleminster

awwww poor little mite. I think the docs would be a good idea and hopefully they can give you something to help. It's so hard when they're so little, glad you updated us. Let uss know tomorrow what happens and I really hope it's just a viral thing.

poppleminster, Jun 6, 2010
  9. MrsBoucher2B2012

MrsBoucher2B2012

Right i dragged Abi down to the doctors first thing this morning in the rain and wind and all the doctor could say was it looks like a reaction to something which has been irritated by the heat, hence why it gets worse during the day as it gets warmer. Today there are still some spot on her tummy but a lot less than yesterday, so far no more have appeared but it is freezing today.

She would not give her anything to help said she will get over in time.

Thanks for all the help and support ladies.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jun 7, 2010
  10. MrsBoucher2B2012

MrsBoucher2B2012

PS You will be glad to know she is back to normal and waking up at 5. yay[​IMG]

11. MrsBoucher2B2012

Mrsg2b2011

Poor you hun!! Can't believe they just fob you off like that. Even if she had reassured you more it would have been something. I know its not chicken pox but what about camomile lotion? Its only 89p for sainsburys own brand & is really soothing & stops the itching. Bless her heart xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 7, 2010
  12. MrsBoucher2B2012

ilovepink1984

Oh, poor baby :D . Sounds like heat rash to me. Or a viral infection. A friends little boy recently was covered in red spots and looked really scary but was a reaction to viral tonsillitus. Poor thing. Really feel for you. Drs around here are useless and make you feel stupid for taking your children to the drs over something thats been worrying me - surely they should always make the time for children? Both of mine got chicken pox within 3 weeks of each other just after xmas - NIGHTMARE! My 3 year old didn't get many spots and they didn't blister and she basically carried on as normal. But my little boy was only 10 months old and you could barely see any skin and every spot was like a little blister - soooo hard to stop him from scratching!! He still has a few scars and hes almost 16months old now :lol:. At least I've got it out of the way. Was in quarantine for almost a month and a half tho :p xxx Hope shes better soon xxx

ilovepink1984, Jun 7, 2010
  13. MrsBoucher2B2012

MrsBoucher2B2012

She seems to be doing fine. Screaming at me as usual lol. To top it off i think she has her second tooth coming through

14. MrsBoucher2B2012

poppleminster

Really glad she's ok. Second tooth? Seems like so long ago, my daughter is just 4 and I can't bear it, she goes to school this year and i'm going to be utterly lost. I'm really dreading it. Time goes so fast, i'm 36 and would dearly love to be younger and have another one :lol:

poppleminster, Jun 8, 2010
  15. MrsBoucher2B2012

MrsBoucher2B2012

Yeah second tooth she only had her first one three weeks ago but there it is trying to poke out from her gums.

Im nearly 21 H2B is 30, so we have a cut off point planned as he doesnt want to be getting up at 2am to change nappies in his 40's. i would love another one in a few years defo going to wait until after the wedding.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jun 8, 2010
  16. MrsBoucher2B2012

poppleminster

I have the opposite, I am 36 and h2b is 28 so he has years to go and I am biologically ticking :lol:

poppleminster, Jun 8, 2010
  17. MrsBoucher2B2012

ilovepink1984

36 isn't too old for another one :lol: I'm 26 and partner is 27 next week. We already have a 3yr and 16 month old - boy and girl so best of both worlds! I'd love another but H2B not to sure at the moment. We currently live in a 2 bedroom rented house so the kids share a room which has worked surprisingly well, but no room for another or in the car!! I've still got plenty of time though I suppose. We might be moving to a boarding school in January to be houseparents - so I would be starting work again after 4 years :lol: - so more money and no rent or bills! The aim is to stay long enough to earn a house deposit and drinving lessons for me!! - then maybe we'll have another, but whether or not I'll want to go back to sleepless nights and nappies when they are both at school is another question!! xxx

ilovepink1984, Jun 8, 2010
  18. MrsBoucher2B2012

MrsBoucher2B2012

Me and H2B have a difference of opinion on how many kids we want i like a big family but not too big 3or4 and H2B says he will be happy with 2.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jun 8, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question