I Got My Bridesmaid Dresses!

Discussion in 'Wedding Fashion' started by Becky, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Becky

Becky

Hooray, I got my BM dresses! :)

I had my eye on the dress in House of Fraser, and had arranged to go shopping with my MOH so that I could get her thoughts on it too, and to look for other potential candidates. HOWEVER I was in town earlier this week getting a birthday present for a friend, and noticed that House of Fraser had a 20% off sale!! None of my bridesmaids were available to have a look at the dress (MOH is in Manchester but was at work, another BM is in Newcastle and the other is in Dorset!!) so I frantically emailed photos of it to them to see if they liked it. Luckily they did, so I bought it! :D

My MOH is coming over today to take a look at it, and I'm sending the other dresses straight to the other BMs. If it doesn't suit them or they just don't like it I'll take it back and nothing lost. However if they do all like it, I've saved 20%!

Here are some pictures:

BM dress 3.jpg BM dress 2.jpg

To tie it in with my dress, I was thinking of having a statement necklace for the BMs - maybe something in a pewter colour to match the detail on my dress.

I think it will go well with my dress. Here are some pictures of it (Francesca by Jenny Packham) to save you having to trawl through the 'Show us your dresses' thread!

Front.jpg Back.jpg dsc09195_medium.jpg dsc09197_medium.jpg

Becky, Oct 3, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Becky

MrsBrown

ohhh becky I really like them.. they really go with your dress, similiar (but much more simple style) at the front which will compliment but not over shadow yours! Your dress is simply amazing, i would just need one for each leg ha ha!!!

Let us now what they think, I really hope they like them.

MrsBrown, Oct 3, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Becky

MrsBoucher2B2012

I love it. It goes beautifully with your dress. I am so jealous of you, you must have an amazing figure for that dress.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Oct 3, 2010
  4. Becky

Gemz2702

WOW your dress is gorgeous! I like the bm dresses too, hope they like them! x

Gemz2702, Oct 3, 2010
  5. Becky

Becky

My MOH tried it on this afternoon and really liked it - I'm so pleased! :) It falls a good few inches below her knees though, so will need to get it shortened but that's not a problem. Just need to get the verdict from the others now - fingers crossed!

We went shoe / accessories shopping today but didn't see anything that we really liked. My maids range in height from about 5'2" to 5'10" so I think it would look best if they all wore different shoes. As long as they are similar it should look good (I'm thinking pewter coloured shoes and a dark silver coloured statement necklace).

I've seen one necklace that I really like from Coast (click here) but we're in no rush :)

Becky, Oct 3, 2010
  6. Becky

Anon_SA

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING! I've never seen your dress before - I LOVE IT! I must say you're very daring to wear something like that! HOORAY FOR YOU! It's so different and unusual and so stunning. I can't get over it! And your bridesmaid dresses go so well with your dress it's as if they were made for it! Love the colour too. Ooooh it's so exciting! x

Anon_SA, Oct 3, 2010
  7. Becky

Becky

The colour is bizar! In natural light it looks like a blue-y purple (indigo I suppose) but when you take a photo it looks bright blue!

I'm glad you like my wedding dress - it's not very wedding-y is it?! Very 1930s, and I guess the rest of the wedding has flowed from that. I love it so much, but am slightly concerned about nipples. Will have to get some form of protection in that department!!

I found it at a designer day (a local w-dress shop had the new collection from Jenny Packham there, along with a rep from JP - Petra I think her name was) which was a very interesting experience. Petra allowed me to try on one of the dresses of my choosing just to proove that it wouldn't suit me, and then picked really dramatic dresses for me to try that I would never have chosen myself!! She was so right though, it was great to get her advice. She described my dress as 'titty-outy'! I have told Ian this, and needless to say he is dying to see it!! :) My mum was there, and just had this 'What on earth will your grandmother think' face on, but conceded that she did actually like it too :)

Becky, Oct 3, 2010
  8. Becky

MrsMay2011

Wow, those BM dresses really do go with your dress don't they, brilliant find. I'm a big fan of the coast necklace too. And I cant WAIT to see pics of you in you dress, its so glamorous, I bet you look stunning.

MrsMay2011, Oct 3, 2010
  9. Becky

poppleminster

The Coast necklace will really go with the dresses. I so love your wedding dress still. Sigh. oh to be thin lol

poppleminster, Oct 3, 2010
  10. Becky

Becky

I found this yesterday which I saw as a good omen - another bride with a JP dress has picked the same BM dresses as me, just in a different colour! All looks lovely together :)

Rock My Wedding

Becky, Oct 3, 2010
  11. Becky

Frogbitch

I got my dress at a designer day and I would recommend it.
    Becky, your dress is stunning, and the bm dresses compliment it beautifully.
    I can't remember if you'd chosen shoes yet? I know that Jenny Packham has done a collection with Emmy, which is where I got my shoes. Her stuff would work really well with your dress. More pics please!

Frogbitch, Oct 3, 2010
  12. Becky

poppleminster

oooh the dresses do really compliment the JP design on that site. I am now dribbling on Ben's keyboard so had better remove myself from this site forthwith but REALLY need to try on more dresses now just incase mine isn't actually the one, even though it is. Probably! It's your fault! :)

poppleminster, Oct 3, 2010
  13. Becky

Becky

I'm not sure about shoes yet, but I have seen these ones by Benjamin Adams that I really like :) Not sure what colour I'd go for - maybe dark blue.

Ooooohhhh I didn't know Emmy and JP had made shoes!! This may require some investigation! :)

Becky, Oct 3, 2010
  14. Becky

Becky

Whoops, sorry!! :):lol:

Becky, Oct 3, 2010
  15. Becky

Helen

Those dresses are lovely, they go so well with your stunning dress, can't wait for next year to see all the pics lol :)

Hmmm shoe shopping time!!!

Helen, Oct 4, 2010
  16. Becky

MrsC2Be

Love those BM dresses , just as much as I love yours! They are a gorgeous colour. It'll all look stunning together. Well done on snapping up a bargain! xx

MrsC2Be, Oct 4, 2010
  17. Becky

iPrincess26

Becky the bridesmaids dress are fabulous, and I had forgotten how stunning your dress is! You will all look amazing I can't wait for your photo's and report now! :)

iPrincess26, Oct 4, 2010
  18. Becky

Becky

I'm so pleased everyone likes them! My other bridesmaid will get her dresses tomorrow so fingers crossed she likes them too.

There's just too long to wait! 215 days and counting... :)

Becky, Oct 4, 2010
  19. Becky

poppleminster

Did she like them?

poppleminster, Oct 6, 2010
  20. Becky

Becky

All dresses now arrived - and they all like them!! :)

I'm so pleased! With my panic buying I was concerned that it would all go horribly wrong! What a relief. My friend in Dorset has two sizes to pick from - she had a baby not too long ago and is in the process of losing weight so wasn't sure which size would be best (and will return the other one).

Yay! B)

Dresses down, shoes and necklaces to go...!

Becky, Oct 6, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question