Hullo - New Here!

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by rosieintherain, Oct 24, 2012.

1. rosieintherain

rosieintherain

Hi all - just thought I'd introduce myself! I'm Rosie, and my fiancé and I got engaged at the end of August. We're planning on a winter wedding at the end of next year - it's all very exciting! I don't have any close friends who are engaged yet, and have only ever been to one wedding (when I was about 15), so I'm rather at sea with all of this...thought I'd come on here to pick up a few tips and hopefully feel a little less lost about it all :). It's early stages yet but I'm really looking forward to actually getting married!

rosieintherain, Oct 24, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. rosieintherain

Becky

Welcome aboard! Congratulations on your engagement too - how did your fiancé pop the question?

You have definitely come to the right place :) Have you started looking at venues yet?

Becky, Oct 25, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. rosieintherain

iPrincess26

Welcome to the site - everyone here is lovely, however we do love photo's! :) A winter wedding sounds fab any ideas on where yet?

iPrincess26, Oct 25, 2012
  4. rosieintherain

Helen

Welcome and congratulations :) Loads of ideas here so have a browse. I also love the idea of a winter wedding :)

Helen, Oct 25, 2012
  5. rosieintherain

nikster1987

Welcome!
    Congratulations on your engagement!! I know you will find this site very useful, I know I have! :)

nikster1987, Oct 25, 2012
  6. rosieintherain

MrsT_2be

Hi Rosie

Welcome and congratulations! ^_^

MrsT_2be, Oct 25, 2012
  7. rosieintherain

rosieintherain

Hi all - thanks for the welcome!

Becky - he took me to Paris and found a quiet spot in one of the gardens, which was v. romantic! Not something I'll forget :).

In terms of venue, we're looking at getting married at my old Oxford college (in the Chapel, with the reception in a beautiful old room with an arched ceiling), so it'll be somewhere familiar to the both of us and will be a beautiful setting. We're still in discussions with them about it and it's all moving quite slowly, but it's not for a year yet so hopefully things will pick up in the next couple of months!

rosieintherain, Oct 30, 2012
  8. rosieintherain

Becky

Ooh we got engaged in Paris too!! It was on the Pont Marie late at night :wub:

Your venue sounds gorgeous, I hope it all gets sorted soon. Have you got any photos of it?

Becky, Oct 30, 2012
  9. rosieintherain

rosieintherain

That sounds lovely, Becky!

I've got a couple of photos - one of the main part of College with the lawns (although it's unlikely that we'll be outside in the winter!), and one of part of the building
    in the snow, which would be amazing, but I daren't hope!

college.jpg

College snow.jpg

rosieintherain, Oct 31, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question