How Will Married Life Change Your Life?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by May2010bride, May 26, 2010.

1. May2010bride

May2010bride

Apart from the obvious!!

Any plans for a change in lifestyle? Or will it be business as usual post wedding/honeymoon?

And for those of you married folk, have you *felt* different? Have you changed something major in your life?

I've cut my working hours from full to part time, and if things work out (TTC currently!) I'll stay in my part-time menial/unskilled minimum wage job, as we decided family/potential offspring over a career for me (well, I've always thought that way, hubby wante it that way too, hurrah!). Plus, being partime in a low stress job really helps me cope better (I'm bipolar).

May2010bride, May 26, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. May2010bride

ilovepink1984

Glad you are enjoying married life and good luck with TTC!

I don't think married life will change us at all really. Will be back to business as usual! I already have a 3yr old girl and a 15 month old boy so am already a stay at home mum! And haven't worked for 4 years! We have been engaged for 5 years and lived together for 4 so we are like an old married couple already!!

We are both teachers - well I am qualified but never taught properly yet!! - and my partner works in a private school where we are getting married. He is currently being offered a job at a boarding school where I would also get the opportunity to work as a housemistress being a substitute mummy to lots of little girls! Also, we would get accommodation with no rent, bills etc so could be a big lifestyle change post wedding! And I get the best of both worlds - at home with the kids in the day and working a few hours in the evening - and extra income! Our plan is to do this for a couple of years to save to buy our own house. [​IMG]

Gosh, sorry for waffling! Hope you conceive soon. Being a mum is the best job in the world [​IMG] Let us know the good news when it happens! xxx

ilovepink1984, May 26, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. May2010bride

Mrsg2b2011

Good luck with TTC!!! Thats wonderful. I am already a stay at home mummy to my 16month old son but after the wedding next year we will try for another too. I work weekends so that fits in really well with being at home during the week so don't think much will change really but will be exciting to find out for sure.

Yes as pink says let us know the happy news when it happens it really is the best job in the world [​IMG] xxx

Mrsg2b2011, May 26, 2010
  4. May2010bride

MrsApplen2be

We decided to get married to try and conceive aswel, I wanted to be married first dont know why just something I wanted. So if that goes to plan that will change :) Other than that we live together and have displayed all the bad habits to each other so its pretty much business as usual xx

MrsApplen2be, May 27, 2010
  5. May2010bride

Mrs T2B (Kel)

absolutely nothing! except a lot of expense before, and hopefully a nice tan after the honeymoon! [​IMG]

No kids, no plans for any, so just business as usual [​IMG]

Mrs T2B (Kel), May 30, 2010
  6. May2010bride

juliak

I agree Kel.
    We've been together for 13 and a half years and haved lived together for 12 so as with Mrs Applen2b all bad habits are out there![​IMG]

juliak, May 30, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question