How Much Is Everyone Paying For Their Make-Up Artist?

Discussion in 'Wedding Fashion' started by MrsC2Be, Mar 5, 2011.

1. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

Just wondering how much everyone is paying (roughly) for their make up artist, if you're having one.

I was thinking originally that I wouldn't bother and that we'd go get a trial etc and do it ourselves. My sister has since told me that the girlfriend of a colleague of hers works at the clinique counter in the trafford centre and would be happy to help out with our make up on the day. Obviously I'd like to give her a bit of something for her time, but not really sure what's an appropriate amount!

MrsC2Be, Mar 5, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsC2Be

Becky

I think mine is quite expensive - it was £50 for the trial (but it was 2 hours long and was also a really good make-up lesson!). On the day it will be £100 for me and £45 for each BM :D

I really like her though, and I trust her to do an amazing job. There will be no extra charge for false lashes or travel which is good :blink:

Becky, Mar 5, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsC2Be

MrsBrown

My hair and make up was £70 for both (had to pay £70 for trial too- but she was with me for 3 hours!!) Mum had her hair and makeup done on the day and that was £70 too, but BM just had their hair done at £40 each.

To be honest, she was cheap compared to lots of others (and she was amazing for it) I gave her a bit extra on the day becuase she was so brill. She came really early (her idea-i told her it was too early but she obviously does this more than me and knew better!!) and though she said she allowed an hour each for makeup and hair and 30 mins for hair she was here for 4 1/2 hours without complaining. I was so happy.

I know it is tough with money but I seriously think it was worth every penny and I would hve cut back on other stuff if needed. But I am a bit rubbish at hair and makeup.

I take it she isnt doing your hair, just your makeup?

MrsBrown, Mar 5, 2011
  4. MrsC2Be

MrsBrown

Also remember our make up artists will no doubt be paying tax etc on their earnings so that is reflected in the cost. I am sure if you are just giving a gift to your friend she wont oay tax (usually about a 1/3 of what we earn is tax)

Oh and mine travelled to my house as it was close by without cost, but if your friend has a long way to go she might need a bit extra for petrol/ bus fairs etc.

MrsBrown, Mar 5, 2011
  5. MrsC2Be

Frogbitch

I can't remember what I paid without looking it up, but mine is currently quoting £90 for a trial and £190 for the day, but that includes hair as well as make up. I'm fairly sure mine was a bit less than that.
    Because I wanted someone to come to the venue, I found it cheaper to get someone who could do both, but she did charge me extra for travel.
    Most sites I found offered a pool of people, and I wanted to get to know the person I would be dealing with before the day.

It certainly wasn't a bargain!, but I was very happy with the results.

Frogbitch, Mar 6, 2011
  6. MrsC2Be

Anon_SA

I think I'm paying around £500 for a trial for four people and hair and make up on the day for five people with two stylists. I think that's quite good - especially as they were with us for five hours on the trial day and will be for about 4 hours on the wedding day.

Anon_SA, Mar 6, 2011
  7. MrsC2Be

muckypaws

mine is only £55 for hair and make up on the day :) so its either gonna be OMG thats so cheap or OMG i look a fool ............only joking had excellent reviews

muckypaws, Mar 6, 2011
  8. MrsC2Be

Sez

ooh thats really good. I want the same person to do my hair and make up and i cant find anything under £200

Sez, Mar 7, 2011
  9. MrsC2Be

MrsBoucher2B2012

i am getting a wedding make-up lesson as part of the hen do, knowing me i will end up buying tones of stuff because i have used benefit make-up before and it is great with my skin. h2b always comments on how fast i get ready so hopefully it wont take too long to do my make-up on the day.
    The target is no more than £150-£175 on the make-up, you get a discount on what ever you buy because it is a booked lesson plus i will be keeping the make-up so i think its win win

MrsBoucher2B2012, Mar 7, 2011
  10. MrsC2Be

muckypaws

hey Sez
    they were recommended by the place we are getting married so im really happy about it they come to your room in hotel, £200 sounds extortionate to me my dress and shoes arnt that much :)

muckypaws, Mar 7, 2011
  11. MrsC2Be

Sez

i know! its a lot of money! i might call the local college at some point as they have a haor and beauty salon.

Sez, Mar 8, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question