How Many Wedding Dresses?

Discussion in 'Wedding Fashion' started by taylorje, May 17, 2010.

1. taylorje

taylorje

Just to let you all know I am on my 3rd wedding dress!!! I know im shocked aswell, so many choices!!

My first dress was a Forever yours 47115, which I have and is about to go on ebay and many other places i can sell it. (Shop ordered wrong size, and wont change it)

I had visions of this dress not arriving because of the shit service from the shop and it getting ripped at the steamers, had to wait for another one to be ordered, so i found a cheap Forever Yours simlar style. (2nd Dress, but the other one arrived so re-sold it).

My 3rd and final and the one I will be wearing, is from a place called Tickled Pink in Hatfield, Doncaster South Yorkshire. The service was exceptional, and Im more excited over this one than the original one!!!.

My dress is made by Romantica and is Shania in Ivory. Also I purchased a veil and head-dress/band, with pretty beads and stuff, also some shoes from rainbow club that are really soft insoles.

The veil was £120. expensive for one day, but after the crap i have had from The Wedding Shop in Selby, I decided i would have what I wanted no matter what the cost.

So for all I spent it came to £778.00, which is not bad, considering the first dress was £700 on its own.

A girl loves to shop!![​IMG] [​IMG]

taylorje, May 17, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. taylorje

MrsApplen2be

My veil was £180 lol I nearly died when they rung it up never expected that in a million years but I love it as much as the dress lol. So going to do the cleaning in my veil. 3 dresses is pretty impressive but im sure your not the only one x

MrsApplen2be, May 17, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. taylorje

May2010bride

I had two....my first one was a proper Maggie Sottero (sp?) dress (ex shop display, so was £60), which I decided against cos it was too heavy to wear & was way to formal for me. My final dress was from Littlewoods catolouge (more casual number, and I got it through the Littlewoods ebay shop so it was £18); BARGIN!!

Hang on...I'll attach pictures of both (neither of the fine fillies filling the dresses are me!) xx

Attached Files:

May2010bride, May 17, 2010
  4. taylorje

Helen

Hehe my friend has 3 (that I know about there could have been more!) before she decided on the one :)

£18 bargain! It is lovely ;)

Helen, May 18, 2010
  5. taylorje

Becky

Wow that is indeed a bargain! Looks really pretty! [​IMG]

Becky, May 18, 2010
  6. taylorje

MrsApplen2be

May2010 bride.....when is the wedding can we have a report with pics please, I think both dresses are beautiful x

MrsApplen2be, May 19, 2010
  7. taylorje

MrsBrown

OMG!! sounds like you have had a stressful time. Glad you have found a dress you love! I am hopefully only having 1 dress! I ended up ordering a dress i tried on in 1 shop from another shop because they were much more friendly. I have a fear that it will be the wrong dress or wont fit when it arrives!!

Did they make you pay even though they ordered the wrong size? This makes me sound bonkers but in order to maintain my weight i get weighed every 2 weeks and the scales at the gym give me a print out, i have kept the one from when I ordered my dress just so they cant say I have put on weight!!!

MrsBrown, May 19, 2010
  8. taylorje

iPrincess26

Oh your first dress is my dress ( so nearly found my dress twin!) Haven't ordered it yet as I am getting it custom made - once i loose some more weight. I am having it in ivory and the beading in a dark red/claret colour. It was only the third dress I tried on and I loved it and my bridesmaids nearly started crying when they saw me in it and I kept going back to it so I knew it was the one. I just want it to be my wedding day so that I can wear it, the OH is going to have a hard time getting me out of it as I want to wear it forever!

iPrincess26, May 28, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question