How Long Before Your Wedding Is/was Your Hen Doo?

Discussion in 'Stag and Hen Parties' started by Helen, Mar 3, 2011.

?

How long before your wedding is/was your hen doo?

1. The night before!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The week before

10.5%
  3. About a month before

42.1%
  4. Between a month and 3 months before

36.8%
  5. Longer than 3 months before

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I'm not having a hen doo

5.3%
  7. I'm having it after the wedding!

5.3%
  1. Helen

Helen

I've not planned anything so far and with only 8 weeks to go I was wondering how much beforehand you ladies had yours/are planning yours? As we are going away and having our reception 6 weeks after we get back one of my friends suggested having it in between so I might have my hen doo after the wedding lol. I also thought about having it much later in the summer to spead the excitement/have something to plan after the wedding :D

Helen, Mar 3, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Helen

MrsLetts2Be

Family hen do was 3 weeks before wedding and big hen do with friends is 2 weeks before hand xx

MrsLetts2Be, Mar 3, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. Helen

Anon_SA

Mine is two weeks before (I answered one month). Think that's just enough time to recover!

Anon_SA, Mar 4, 2011
  4. Helen

MrsBoucher2B2012

h2b female friend have very kindly offered to throw me a pre-hen hen do this year, as practice for next is the official reason really it means we get a girls night.

Then next year we are having separate do's and then a joint one where the family is invited to meet everyone before the big day

MrsBoucher2B2012, Mar 4, 2011
  5. Helen

Becky

Mine is a week beforehand! :blink: It was the only date that the majority of people could make! Hopefully the hangover will be gone by the time of the wedding.

In terms of organisation, my MoH has fully taken charge and I'm not allowed to know anything about it!!

You should have one before and one after the wedding - best of both worlds Helen! :D

Becky, Mar 4, 2011
  6. Helen

MrsMay2011

Mine too, it's great not having to worry isn't it!

MrsMay2011, Mar 21, 2011
  7. Helen

Becky

True, but I'm also slightly concerned about what she may or may not have in mind!! :lol:

Becky, Mar 21, 2011
  8. Helen

MrsGroves2B

Mine is 2 months and 3 days (not to be precise or anything!) before the wedding. To do what I wanted they only do them on Friday evenings and they're on about twice a month, but I work Saturdays and can only get one Saturday off before the wedding and that's the day after the hen do, so have had to do it then, no point having my hen do then rushing home to be up early for work the next day xx

MrsGroves2B, Mar 24, 2013
  9. Helen

MrsGroves2B

I am also considering a little get together an evening closer to the wedding, maybe a meal or a few drinks down a local pub, then people can come and go as they please, and spend as much or as little as they want, not everyone can come along to my hen night so its a chance for a little get together, we can see if a local pub can keep an area free for us for the night. Not sure yet though.

MrsGroves2B, Apr 16, 2013
  10. Helen

Becky

We had a small gathering the night before our wedding - lots of people were travelling from all over the UK so it was nice to have an informal catch up with them before the big day. Our families also organised a similar get-together because they were all staying in the same village - worked out pretty well!

Becky, Apr 16, 2013
  11. Helen

MrsGroves2B

I'm thinking of a small gathering on 1st June (Saturday) for the evening. This will be exactly 4 weeks before the wedding. My Maid of Honour and my Godmother (her Mom) can't make the main Hen Night as its my Maid of Honour's Birthday that weekend and her husband is taking her for a weekend away in London, which was booked before the Hen Night was booked. My Godparents are staying over at her house to look after their two boys- Godparents live in the Midlands and my Maid of Honour lives in Kent (Maidstone) so they're using it as a weekend away and a chance to spend time with the Grandchildren.

I want these involved so much, so I'm thinking first of all me, my Mom, my Godmother and my Maid of Honour can go for a meal together (my parents and Godparents have been next door neighbours and really close friends since my parents got married nearly 35 years ago, we've both even moved house and still moved next door to each other!). We have a lovely Italian by where my parents and Godparents live so thought maybe there for something different, then after the meal go to a quiet, local pub and have an open invitation to all ladies I know and get along with to join us for drinks. That way people can choose whether they come along or not, spend as little or as much time there as they like and spend as little or as much money as they like. It's local for pretty much everyone too. That way everyone is involved but had an added extra for my Maid of Honour and Godmother.

MrsGroves2B, Apr 25, 2013
  12. Helen

MrsT_2be

Booked mine 4 months before and i wanted a theme, Black dress hen do! It was exactly 3 weeks before and It was the hottest day of the year too (18 Aug 2012) 30 degrees!
    We were really hot in our black dresses but one of my girlies was lucky to have black linen dress so she was cooler than the rest of us!
    Who stupid idea was it to wear black!

MrsT_2be, Jul 2, 2013
  13. Helen

MrsT_2be

Booked mine 4 months before and i wanted a theme, Black dress hen do! It was exactly 3 weeks before and It was the hottest day of the year too (18 Aug 2012) 30 degrees!
    We were really hot in our black dresses but one of my girlies was lucky to have black linen dress so she was cooler than the rest of us!
    Who stupid idea was it to wear black!

MrsT_2be, Jul 2, 2013
  14. Helen

MrsT_2be

oops! posted twice.. :blush:

MrsT_2be, Jul 2, 2013
  15. Helen

Mrsmrs

#highclasshens planned mine. VIP treatment an amazing memories. They have twitter and Facebook xx

Mrsmrs, Jul 27, 2013
  16. Helen

Suzi83

I'm planning to have mine maybe two or three months before the wedding - I don't fancy having it the night before if I'm honest.

Suzi83, Aug 26, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question