How Do You Wear Your Engagement & Wedding Ring?

Discussion in 'Veterans' started by MrsT_2be, Oct 28, 2012.

1. MrsT_2be

MrsT_2be

Hiya

This is to all married ladies..

Is there a certain way round you should wear your rings? I've read that wedding ring goes on first (nearest to your heart) then engagement ring. I've tried it on both ways of course but I found engagement ring looks better on first and also it's worth more than my wedding ring.

So how do you ladies wear yours?

^_^ xx

MrsT_2be, Oct 28, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsT_2be

Helen

Engagement then wedding. Although at the moment I either wear one or the other as my finger seems to have become too fat to fit them on together comfortably!

Helen, Oct 28, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsT_2be

Frogbitch

The first time I got married, my two rings didn't fit together, so I stopped wearing my engagement ring.
    This time, I didn't get an engagement ring :(
    I'm not much help really am I?!

Frogbitch, Oct 28, 2012
  4. MrsT_2be

MrsBrown

Wedding then engagement, they fit together and can only be worn that way. Though at mo I can't get either on and they are in a box!

MrsBrown, Oct 29, 2012
  5. MrsT_2be

Becky

I also wear my wedding ring first and then my engagement ring, although I hardly ever take my engagement ring off. Thinking about it I've not actually taken my wedding ring off since our wedding day!

Becky, Oct 29, 2012
  6. MrsT_2be

Helen

Doh I mean wedding then engagement! I had my wedding ring shaped with a slight curve to fit under my engagement ring, as it is only a slight curve it still looks good worn on its own.

Helen, Oct 30, 2012
  7. MrsT_2be

Helen

Becky I can't believe you haven't taken your wedding ring off since your wedding! I hardly wear my rings, I can't do cakes with them on and I don't like to wear them when I do the horse or farm work for safety reasons. I wear them if I go out somewhere and that's about it.

Helen, Oct 30, 2012
  8. MrsT_2be

iPrincess26

I'm planning on wearing wedding and then engagement after our wedding as I know a flat band fits lovely under my engagement ring - however I need to remember to take them off when cooking as I got pastry stuck in my engagement ring last week! ooops

iPrincess26, Oct 30, 2012
  9. MrsT_2be

ElmoGrace

Wedding then half eternity (my mums engagement ring) - my engagement ring is on my right hand as I couldn't afford a fitted wedding ring to go with it.
    The tradition is that the wedding ring is the one closest to the heart, plus in a church ceremony they want you not to wear ring prior to the exchange of the vows.

ElmoGrace, Oct 30, 2012
  10. MrsT_2be

MrsT_2be

Thanks for the info..

To be honest the many months running up to my wedding I have looked at other woman hands to see how they wear their rings :p There are people wear same as most of you (wedding then engagement) also I have notice some engagement then wedding.

MrsT_2be, Oct 30, 2012
  11. MrsT_2be

Becky

My best friend wears her engagement ring then wedding ring - mostly because the engagement ring is slightly too big and the wedding ring keeps it on her finger!

It's just a plain band so if I'm doing anything messy it doesn't matter as it cleans right off :) I kinda like the thought that Ian put my wedding ring on my finger and there it remains... funny eh?!

Becky, Oct 31, 2012
  12. MrsT_2be

MrsC2Be

I've only been without mine one day, only because I take them off to put my face on in the morning and forgot to put them back on because I was late. I felt really odd without them on!

Neil's Dad never took his wedding ring off at all for about 30 years. He then had to have it cut off because he'd put a bit of weight on and couldn't get it off. Apparently his finger was a right mess underneath!

MrsC2Be, Nov 14, 2012
  13. MrsT_2be

Becky

Bleurgh, sounds grim! :wacko:

Becky, Nov 15, 2012
  14. MrsT_2be

MrsT_2be

Oh dear!

MrsT_2be, Nov 20, 2012
  15. MrsT_2be

Bangz

I am still getting married but I am planning to have my engagement ring as my wedding ring. :)

Bangz, Nov 21, 2012
  16. MrsT_2be

Sarita

I think you should wear your rings however/wherever you want! After all, it's your wedding, your hand and symbolic of your special union.

Hubby & I opted for no wedding rings but I have a kind-of engagement ring which I wear on my right hand because it's more comfortable. People keep telling me it's on the 'wrong' hand... but I do not care at all about such trifles.

Sarita, Nov 10, 2013
  17. MrsT_2be

sheetalkapoor

We are getting married. My fiance and I are wearing our engagement ring in our fingers. Actually it reminds us our beautiful days and moments which we had spend together after our engagement and before our wedding day. Our rings are a kind of witness of our excitement, thrill and anticipation for our wedding.

sheetalkapoor, Nov 18, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question