How Did You Know Your Venue Was Right ?

Discussion in 'Venue, Ceremony and Reception' started by WelshKittyBride, Sep 4, 2013.

1. WelshKittyBride

WelshKittyBride

Hi all ,

Me and my fiancé have been to see all the wow venues of the area and even though some tick all boxes it's like something isn't quite right . I imagine like when finding a wedding dress when you find that special venue you get that wow this is it feeling but it seems to be missing .

So my question is when you found your place for your wedding reception how did you know it's the one ? :wub:

WelshKittyBride, Sep 4, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. WelshKittyBride

lauren88green

Hello!

I know what you mean I am currently looking for venues as I am getting married in 2015, it seems so long away but want something different and unique so getting a rough idea of prices and different venues! I visited the traditional church but I didnt feel that sparkle so Churches are now a no go!

I would advise keep looking, this is going to be your day, if you're not happy with it change it!

Good Luck

Lauren!xxx

lauren88green, Sep 5, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. WelshKittyBride

Becky Administrator

We visited a few venues, and tried to look at quite a wide variety from grand country houses and hotels to barns. I thought we would have liked the country houses, but it just felt grand and impersonal... in the end we loved the feel of a barn which was right next to a lake - it was just more 'us'!

If you are not having much luck with your search then maybe try looking at a wider variety of types - it might surprise you!

Becky, Sep 5, 2013
  4. WelshKittyBride

WelshKittyBride

Thanks for replies we are looking at local cathedral for actual ceremony and just looking at venues for receptions but it's so hard lol Becky weird enough we are looking at something like a converted barn but quite a lot are now big wedding places as in over the top !

Lauren I am also going to be a 2015 bride we are looking at July time :wub:

WelshKittyBride, Sep 5, 2013
  5. WelshKittyBride

MrsDay2Be

HI welsh Kitty...

I signed up for Martha stewart weddings and she has a fab venue checklist. We're not at that stage yet because we're trying to sell our house so once that's done we'll book the one we want. We've got a shortlist so it just comes down to availability. I will say they are all a bit different, but each will work perfectly for our day
    xxx

MrsDay2Be, Sep 8, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question