How Can I Bling Up My Venue?

Discussion in 'DIY Wedding' started by MrsStanding2Be, May 24, 2010.

1. MrsStanding2Be

MrsStanding2Be

Hello ladies,

I'm after some advise on decorating my venue for mine and h2b's wedding. the room is called the gold and blue room so its very green, blue, gold etc....i would like more of our colours but not sure how to go about doing it? our colours are purple and white, i dont wanna dress up the ceilings as they are beautiful as they are, its mainly the walls.

Any idea's would be greatful! : ) x

MrsStanding2Be, May 24, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsStanding2Be

Candy Claire

Hello

The colours you have chosen sound lovely! What are you having as centre pieces? I think peacock feathers would love great against the opulent room colours . What are on the walls currently? What conditions has the venue imposed on decor, are you allowed to attach things to walls? I had to dress a village hall for a wedding and we used gorgeous rich taffeta material and chiffon with fairlylights entwined in swags, but its quite hard to advise without seeing a picture. Can you hang drapes of material or maybe put more focus on the tables and floor area or even hire some uplighters to show off the beautiful ceilings, these can look really amazing and add a new dimension to the venue.
    Good luck Claire @ cs-weddingdesign

Candy Claire, May 24, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsStanding2Be

MrsStanding2Be

We are having giant martini vases with candle and rose petals.....currently i think there is a couple of paintings but thats it.
    we are hiring 10 uplighters, are you a venue dresser person (sorry i dont know the correct term lol)

MrsStanding2Be, May 24, 2010
  4. MrsStanding2Be

vhc

ooh, yes, peacock feathers - because that incorporates the blue and gold of the room and adds your purple!

vhc, May 25, 2010
  5. MrsStanding2Be

Helen

Yeah peacock feathers are a fab idea. :)

Do you think the walls need decorating? If you left them as they are would it make your tables stand out better as a contrast? You could highlight bits of wall by placing flower and feather decorations along the walls linking together your table centres and the walls?

Helen, May 25, 2010
  6. MrsStanding2Be

MrsStanding2Be

Everbody is mentioning feathers.....where are we sposed to put these feathers as i'm not having them on my centre pieces?

MrsStanding2Be, May 25, 2010
  7. MrsStanding2Be

vhc

you could make fans out of them, or you could hang some up around the place.

you could have tall stem vases and put them in there (around the doors and windows)

you could even hang them from the backs of your chairs like ribbons.

you could use them instead of ribbons hanging with your balloons.

that kind of thing.

use them where you would ordinarily have ribbons or bows.

vhc, May 27, 2010
  8. MrsStanding2Be

juliak

I agree with the other girls regarding uplighters, feathers etc. Have you got a pic of the inside of the venue that you could post? It might be that Helen is right, that if you create too much in the way of decoration it may cause a distraction from the ceiling, centrepieces and of course, you, the bride!! x

juliak, May 27, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question