Hotel Rooms

Discussion in 'Venue, Ceremony and Reception' started by sparkledream, Jan 21, 2011.

1. sparkledream

sparkledream

do wedding guests pay for their own hotel rooms, to stay over at the reception venue? and is £125 per room too steep?:)

sparkledream, Jan 21, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. sparkledream

Becky

It's up to you really! I think most guests expect to pay for their own accommodation. We are paying for hotel rooms for bridesmaids and best man, but mainly because they are all travelling a long way to get there (best man is coming from California!!).

£125 seems like a lot if you compare it to a travel lodge or similar, but is still reasonable for wedding accommodation. If you are concerned, might be worth looking at other options nearby so that people can choose :)

Becky, Jan 21, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. sparkledream

MrsC2Be

I'm in the process of sorting rooms out for our lot at the moment too, as were having our reception somewhere with no rooms.

I expect people that want to stay over to pay for their rooms themselves and I would expect the same if I went to someone elses wedding.

We've been quoted a range of prices, some as much as what you've said and others less. We settled on one at 99 a night for a double (less for a single). If people want to pay it great, if they don't, there are other places nearby they can stay, or not as they choose. We've chosen somewhere we like and our close family have all said they are happy with it.

Is there other options for people if they don't want to pay that much? Its nice to give people the option I think :)

Sorry for babbling, hope that helps! Alice x

MrsC2Be, Jan 21, 2011
  4. sparkledream

sparkledream

the only reason i say, is that there's a wedding venue, offering a wedding for 20 people, for £1000, but we need to have 9 hotel rooms booked, each costing £125 (which is where the catch is)
    just a thought.

sparkledream, Jan 21, 2011
  5. sparkledream

Sez

The only rooms we are paying for on the night of the wedding is my mum and step dad and the fellas folks. Alot of places (like ours) offer a discount code so that when guest call and book a room then they get it for cheaper. without the code for our place the rooms would be over £100 but witht he code people pay £64 and get a full english breakfast.

I dont think anyone expects you to pay for the rooms

Sez, Jan 21, 2011
  6. sparkledream

MrsBoucher2B2012

we are letting people pay for their own rooms, we are putting on coaches to get people to and from the hotel as there are limited rooms available and plenty of B&B's nearby

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jan 21, 2011
  7. sparkledream

Helen

There is no accomodation at our reception venue. We are having a mini bus to take our guests to hotels b&bs etc in the local area. We are paying for the bus and guests are sorting their own accomadation out. I would expect to pay for my own room at weddings we have been invited to (although we would try to find somewhere cheaper than £125) :)

Helen, Jan 23, 2011
  8. sparkledream

Frogbitch

We got 5 free rooms as part of the hotel's package, which we gave to Russ' relatives, and my MOH as none of them were local.
    I don't think anyone would expect you to pay for them. Having to guarantee 9 bookings seems a bit harsh too.

Frogbitch, Jan 23, 2011
  9. sparkledream

ElmoGrace

I have an exclusive use venue, meaning I need all rooms booked, with prices starting at 100 and ending at 150. Because of the high prices we are subsiding and small proportion of the room costs, making the 150 rooms 130 for our guests. Always an idea if you have the budget to subsidise.

ElmoGrace, Apr 4, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question