Hopefully Found A Florist!

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by Becky, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Becky

Becky Administrator

We had a meeting with a new florist tonight, and she was so lovely! She had loads of great ideas, and made such a refreshing change from the ones that we have spoken to recently.

She even had budgeting ideas for other aspects of the wedding - eg she would supply a cake stand and decoration, we could supply plain white cakes, and she would set it all up to look gorgeous. It works out at a fraction of the cost of a wedding cake, and is even cheaper than cupcakes - excellent! :)

She's sending her quote to me in the next few days - fingers crossed!!

Becky, Nov 10, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Becky

flo2310

Ahh so glad to hear this Becky :) Really important to have some one you get along with as well as liking their ideas!
    Those flowers you were asking about in my report are lisianthus (double headed) we had them as they were cheaper than roses but were the same shape which went really well in the table decorations where we also had white ones as fillers to bluck them out a bit.
    x

flo2310, Nov 10, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Becky

Helen

Exciting! I'm really looking forward to choosing our flowers I think it might be one of my favourite bits :)

Helen, Nov 11, 2010
  4. Becky

Becky Administrator

She was really helpful, and I would trust her to do a good job. That counts for so much! She also does a lot of weddings at our venue and gets on really well with the caterer which is a great sign.

Given that I wasn't really fussed about flowers I had no idea it was going to be such an issue! The other ones we saw gave us ridiculous quotes :D

She is going to send me pictures of her work with the quote - things that are similar to what we are asking for, so it should help give a good idea of what it will all look like. She also said that when she is at the next wedding fair she would make a mock-up of a table centre / bouquet so that we can see it in the flesh. Yay! :)

Becky, Nov 11, 2010
  5. Becky

poppleminster

Very cool. I'm still not sure about flowers and am playing with the idea of doing my own still. It's good they are used to working with your venue. Should make things easier for them and your peace of mind!

poppleminster, Nov 11, 2010
  6. Becky

Anon_SA

My florist said this... It still hasn't happened.

Anon_SA, Nov 11, 2010
  7. Becky

Becky Administrator

Oh no! Are you signed up / deposit paid etc? The lady that we met last night is Meryl Heath from Black Cat Floral / Cheshire Wedding Flowers (the business seems to have two names... I'm not sure why) just in case you want to keep your options open. They are doing a mega bash at Peckforton Castle on New Years Eve :D

Becky, Nov 11, 2010
  8. Becky

Becky Administrator

The quote came in at £780 for the bits that we wanted - yay! Deposit paid, florist booked. DONE! :D

Becky, Nov 12, 2010
  9. Becky

Anon_SA

Unfortunately paid the deposit... I have emailed them about the exhibit/sample flowers they mentioned but still nothing. This week I may phone up and express my unhappiness! Thanks for the heads up - have seen that website. I wonder whether I'd be able to get my deposit back because they're so CRAP!

Anon_SA, Nov 13, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question