Home Hen Party

Discussion in 'Stag and Hen Parties' started by LoubieLou, Aug 13, 2010.

1. LoubieLou

LoubieLou

I need ideas and things girls.

I don't have the money for a spa day & I don't really drink so what can I do for my Hen do? I'm an Avon rep so am thinking of buying loads of their products and getting the girls round for a pamper/karaoke night. What do you think?
    How should I do it. What else could I do? What do I need etc etc.

LoubieLou, Aug 13, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. LoubieLou

MrsC2Be

That sounds like a great idea. Why go out and get boozed up, when you can have a lovely girly night in at home. Me and my friends are slowly learning that although going out for a good boogie is wonderful, sometimes it's nice to stay in.

I'd suggest that you ask everyone to bring what they'd like to drink and possibly a bit of buffet-type food if you want to have food that is - most people would bring a bottle of wine or something to a party anyway, so it's only the same thing. We tend to do this when we get together, so that one person isn't paying out a huge bundle to feed and water everyone else. Or you could just get a pile of pizza in or a chinese or something :)

If you got all the pampering stuff out that would be pretty cool. Don't know if it would be your bag, but what about an Ann Summers party? They're always a good laugh, although understandably not everyone's cup of tea. Karaoke is definitely a good idea, people might be more relaxed in a small group rather than in a karaoke bar. I'm also a massive fan of Wii (if you've got one, or can borrow one). You could maybe get one of the dance games for it? They're good fun too :D

I'm sure whatever you do, everyone will have a fab time xxx

MrsC2Be, Aug 13, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. LoubieLou

MrsBrown

HI,

I have just been to a spa with my Mum (it was a treat for her birthday) it was amazing but very expensive!! I am sure that you can do something similar at home. What about this....maybe have a pamper afternnon, then a nice meal/dinner party and then finish off with karoke!!

For the pamper afternoon, people could bring a washing up bowl and you could have a foot soak, a facial mask each, you could put a relaxation CD on too!!

then you could have a bit of a dinner party and karoke.. my friend had a themed dinner party and everyone got dressed up in a theme (the bride didnt know what the theme was, a french theme as she met her husband in france) Everyone put a bit of money in for the meal (french food of course) and brought wine etc... the plan had been to go to the pub but we had such a good time at home we stayed there!

MrsBrown, Aug 13, 2010
  4. LoubieLou

poppleminster

What a lovely idea. The pampering sounds good - how about buying some gems / transfer and doing all girlie nails? It's a bit silly but lots of fun :)

Take away would be the way to go - pizza hut more often than not do a spend £40 and get 50% off so depending on how many you have round you could do two seperate orders of £40 and get £80 of pizza to feed everyone. Google 'pizza hut codes' and you'll always find something.

Just-eat.co.uk is a cool site, you type in your postcode and it comes up with delivery food places in your area, you order online and they deliver. Simple and good if people want different things.

You need hats of course. It's imperative really. Or a tiara at least :)

Oh and a camera so we get to see the pics!

poppleminster, Aug 13, 2010
  5. LoubieLou

MrsApplen2be

I ended up with 4 hens in total.....2 of which were at home. I had one sleepover with wine...cake.......girlie films........and a chinese. Followed by Ibiza....followed by a mad night out locally with everyone.....followed by a suprize hen which my friends in work did for me. A spa day in the house. She put together a pack with dvds and face masks and hired a woman to come to the house armed with a table to do massages. Was so nice. All paid for by the girls but think it was between £20 and £30 for a treatment. Was lovely and we went out for a meal afterwards. Oh and there was always plenty of vino xx

MrsApplen2be, Aug 25, 2010
  6. LoubieLou

poppleminster

Ooooh and more ooooh, awesome. If in doubt do them all... :)

poppleminster, Aug 26, 2010
  7. LoubieLou

juliak

Very jealous, all sounds fantastic. I wonder if I can now have post wedding hen nights? x

juliak, Aug 26, 2010
  8. LoubieLou

clarey1271

Hiya guys i dnt reli like going out drinking and i suggested 2 my sister that i wanted a pameper thing or a girling night in and she got quite offened when i said no! to going out drinking what does every1 else think

clarey1271, Aug 28, 2010
  9. LoubieLou

iPrincess26

Personally you are the bride and the hen do is for you so they should be think and planning something that you want to do, not sure why she may of taken offence to not going out, but i def think its up to you.

iPrincess26, Aug 29, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question