Hi To All ...can't Wait To Say Yes I Do!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Bangz, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Bangz

Bangz

I am Bellie and my Fiancé's name is Eric. We've been together for 2 years and have been engaged since Monday 29th of October this year! I'm still in shock ! !!!! ..We decided to do it in 2014.. Yes I am soooo excited ......We already started drafting our guest list. Which is which: formal wedding or theme wedding...what do you think?? I could definitely use all the help I could get..... :)

Bangz, Nov 9, 2012
    gildius likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. Bangz

Helen

Welcome to BigDay :)

Have a browse at lots of different weddings - then you will be able to see which bits from each you either like or dislike, then that is a good starting point for deciding what you would like your wedding to be like.

Is there anything you have seen so far that you would really like to incorporate into your day?

Helen, Nov 9, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. Bangz

Becky Administrator

Hello! Welcome to the forums! :)

It would be useful to know a bit more about you and your fiancé - how did you meet and what are your interests?

Becky, Nov 12, 2012
  4. Bangz

iPrincess26

Welcome to the forum - looking forward to hearing about your plans. :)

iPrincess26, Nov 12, 2012
  5. Bangz

Bangz

Thank you guys...Well both of us love to read books...It's like The Hunger Games meets Harry Potter - I am a big fan of JK Rowling and my fiance' is an avid fan of Suzanne Collins. We met in the library it was love at first sight. :wub:

We thought , the ceremony and celebration have to have touches of The Hunger Games and Harry Potter. Do you think it will work out???

Also my fiance loves basketball and I like flower arrangements.

Bangz, Nov 12, 2012
  6. Bangz

Becky Administrator

There is certainly plenty you can do! Depends on how you want to take it really... you could incorporate small elements - for example have a wedding cake that looks like a stack of your favourite books, have relevant table names and decorations, a reading from a favourite book during the ceremony, etc) or you could go the whole hog and walk down the aisle dressed as Rowena Ravenclaw!! (yes, I'm a massive HP fan too) :D

Becky, Nov 13, 2012
  7. Bangz

Bangz

I wanted some enchanted evening in our reception like candles suspended in the mid-air, a long table for the guest and moving pictures on the wall. What do you think ???

Bangz, Nov 14, 2012
  8. Bangz

Helen

That sounds awesome!

You could combine books and flowers for centrepieces with the candles floating above. How are you going to do it, with lanterns on wires? Or use very tall clear candlesticks?

I fancied having long tables but the shape of our venue meant that rounds fitted in better. Might be something to look out for when choosing your venue.

Helen, Nov 14, 2012
  9. Bangz

Becky Administrator

I love the sound of that - can we all come?! :D

Becky, Nov 15, 2012
  10. Bangz

Bangz

Hehehhe.... :blush: We'll be having it in my aunt's place...It's an unused old warehouse. We'll just have to renovate a little to make it more presentable. We haven't decide yet about the theme. We still have to revisit the place and ask my aunt if we could have candles for decorations. ...I wish we could have candles in the air...

here's how the candles should be but it's quite dangerous especially the venue is old....What do you think...???....

[​IMG]

Bangz, Nov 15, 2012
  11. Bangz

Helen

They look great. If you are worried about setting the place on fire you could try battery lights instead, either the candle type or just a string curled up in the jars. I bought some little battery lights that you can use in water on ebay, they could work too.

Helen, Nov 15, 2012
  12. Bangz

Bangz

Yes, you got that right. I think battery-operated candles is a nice idea...I will have this instead of real candles......Hehhee....But 2 years is too far..there may be changes regarding my theme..I'll still have to consider our budget...Hehhehehe... :blush: ...How did you use your little battery lights???

Bangz, Nov 16, 2012
  13. Bangz

Helen

In the evening I was going to drop them into jam jars that were filled with flowers, but I forgot about them whoops. Oh well I have them left over for another occasion! I had them in white and green as you could get them in several colours.

Helen, Nov 16, 2012
  14. Bangz

Bangz

Wow...It's like fireflies inside the jars..Wow you are really good at these things....these are nice decorations or centerpieces if you have an outdoor evening wedding. You give me another idea for my weddings theme.. :) .I think country enchanted evening wedding would be nice. What do you think?? :wub:

Bangz, Nov 17, 2012
  15. Bangz

Becky Administrator

That sounds like a wonderful idea! :D I've just had a quick look online and found this Pinterest board which is full of inspiration:

http://pinterest.com/ofdp/an-enchanted-evening-at-overture/

In particular I really like all the crooked willow branches used as decoration, the jam jar lanterns and the hanging tea lights.

Becky, Nov 20, 2012
  16. Bangz

gildius

I love the hanging candles :)

gildius, Nov 20, 2012
  17. Bangz

Bangz

Well thank you for that... ohh...I have a lot of ideas flowing...I like these and like that...It's good thing I have a lot of time to prepare....wew..but I'm still keeping my long table and the bat lights in a jar....You sure got a lot of taste...wow... :D

Bangz, Nov 20, 2012
    gildius likes this.
  18. Bangz

Bangz

Hello everyone, right now we are planning to have an engagement vacation. My father recommended Clarendon Forest Retreat - http://www.blissfulbreaks.com/listing.php?id=731.
    I haven’t gone there but we might as well have our engagement photo shoot there. :)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Bangz, Dec 4, 2012
  19. Bangz

Becky Administrator

That looks beautiful! Agreed it would be a lovely place to have an engagement shoot. Have you found your photographer already?

Becky, Dec 4, 2012
  20. Bangz

Bangz

Bangz, Dec 6, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question