Hi To All 2012 Brides- What Ideas Your Friend Doing For Your Hen Party?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MrsT_2be, Apr 17, 2012.

1. MrsT_2be

MrsT_2be

Hi all,

Just like to hear what you are all doing for your hen party? If you are having one?

I'm gonna have a "little black dress" theme. ^_^ xx

MrsT_2be, Apr 17, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsT_2be

Helen

I like the idea of a little black dress theme. Do you know what you will be doing or is it going to be a surprise?

I had a cowgirls theme and just had a bit of a party at home, was good fun and nice and inexpensive.

Helen, Apr 18, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsT_2be

elliekitty

We are doing a mini-cruise to Amsterdam! :) x

elliekitty, Apr 19, 2012
    MrsT_2be likes this.
  4. MrsT_2be

MrsT_2be

My friend gave me a few choices to choose from and I chose a dinner n dance (meal and dance floor shared with other parties) the only bit is a surprise is when bride to be gets covers in all sorts..!

Cowgirls, yeeha! :p fun! :lol:

MrsT_2be, Apr 20, 2012
  5. MrsT_2be

MrsT_2be

That's just typical, did she offer to organise it? If so that'seven worse on not keeping her word. you deserve a treat!

MrsT_2be, Apr 20, 2012
  6. MrsT_2be

MrsMay2011

I've recently organised a hen do, which happened last weekend.

We did white water rafting in Llangollen, went to a campsite with 'pods' sort of wooden tents but with a carpet/heater/elec plug & overhead lights, where we did school sports day style games (egg& spoon etc) but with space hoppers too. Then off to town for meal/cocktails then lots of cheesy dancing. We all dressed up in super bright clothes, tutus and wellies!

As a bridesmaid organising, I'd say the bride is best to give some parameters to keep things on the right lines. My bride said she wanted to do an adventure type activity and dance to cheesy music, and then I filled in the gaps (accommodation/transport/meals/fancy dress) etc around this.

MrsMay2011, Apr 21, 2012
  7. MrsT_2be

Helen

Sounds great MrsMay :D Where did you camp in the pods? Ohhh you can also tell me where is good to go in Shrewsbury :D

Helen, Apr 21, 2012
  8. MrsT_2be

MrsMay2011

Hi we stayed here in Marshbrook http://www.camping-shropshire.co.uk/content/pods it's actually outside Shrewsbury itself we got taxis in.

The meal was at Romolo restaurant, which is right on the river, really nice location but the food was a let down (see my review on trip-advisor I'm such an old woman! http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186368-d2054387-Reviews-Romolo_Restaurant_Riverside_Lounge-Shrewsbury_Shropshire_England.html) but the cocktail bar above it was fabulous! Really nice & classy, obviously we blended right in our tu tu's!! Again views of river. You must try the cherry bakewell cocktail it tastes just like the cake!!
    Pub next door to this nice too, didn't note the name.

We went after that to revive retro bar. This is the ideal hen night bar but under normal circumstances I'd probably file under avoid. That said every other song had us rushing to the dance floor, all stuff from our school days. Knee deep in teenagers though.
    C21 club (or similar) was recommended to us several times apparently more classy etc but we never made it that far.

Shrewsbury as a town is lovely isn't it? Hadn't been before.

MrsMay2011, Apr 22, 2012
  9. MrsT_2be

Helen

Shrewsbury is a nice town, it is quite pretty while managing to have a reasonable selection of shops. I moved to this area (actually I'm over the border in Wales but this is my closest 'large' town) from somewhere with no shops at all so it feels like there is loads of choice to me! People who live in the area don't seem to rate it though!

I've been meaning to try out the river trip but not done it yet.

The pods look great! I have seen one at a b&b in my next village they seem to be gaining in popularity around here.

I went to a revive type place in York I think it was for a hen do, they are pretty good for that sort of thing. Sounds like you had fun anyway :D

Helen, Apr 22, 2012
  10. MrsT_2be

winter ash

Sounds like fun :) Cant wait for photo's

winter ash, Apr 25, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question