Hey There! :-)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MrsLBD2B, Oct 29, 2012.

1. MrsLBD2B

MrsLBD2B

Hello everyone, my name is Liza and I am getting married on August 3rd 2013 to Ashley who I met 3 years ago. We have been engaged for just over a year and can't wait to get married.

I have already booked most things so it's just saving the money to pay it all off. I have also already bought the most important thing of the day in my eyes- my wedding dress!

It's mainly flowers and my bridesmaids dresses I need help with, I am on a strict budget so any tips or advice would be much appreciated! Please feel free to say hello. I look forward to talking to everyone! :)

MrsLBD2B, Oct 29, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsLBD2B

iPrincess26

Hi welcome to the site, sounds like you are pretty organised, where abouts are you getting married?

iPrincess26, Oct 29, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsLBD2B

MrsLBD2B

Hey. I am getting married in our local church in Bramley, near Basingstoke. It's beautiful and it's where my mother in law got married and where my fiance got christened. We are having a simple village hall reception near by. I have hired a company to decorate it and we are chipping in with the food. We looked at several venues which were lovely but so expensive and way out of our price range!

MrsLBD2B, Oct 29, 2012
  4. MrsLBD2B

Becky

Hello and welcome to the forums! :) Sounds like your planning is going well so far, which dress have you gone for? We are suckers for pictures here!!

Becky, Oct 29, 2012
  5. MrsLBD2B

MrsLBD2B

I pick up the dress tomorrow so pics will follow! (lady in the shop got funny about pics being taken) Slight alterations will need to be made nearer my wedding date on the straps, but it was a bargain and as soon as I put it on I knew it was the one. My mum bawling her eyes out was another indicator I was on to a winner!!

MrsLBD2B, Oct 29, 2012
  6. MrsLBD2B

Becky

Aw that's a great sign! My mum and I had very different opinions on what we liked so she didn't like mine which was a shame.

Becky, Oct 30, 2012
  7. MrsLBD2B

MrsLBD2B

Unfortunately my Mum's opinion is so important to me that if she didn't like it I may have chosen something different... I know this is bad and It's up to me and how I feel but that's the way I am! Luckily she adores it almost as much as I do. My dad is coming with me to pick it up just so he can take it home with him and keep it there for me, I don't want him seeing it till the big day though so he is under strict instructions not to peek. If I kept it at mine I know my other half would not be able to resist. He isn't as superstitious as me.

MrsLBD2B, Oct 30, 2012
  8. MrsLBD2B

Helen

I didn't show my mum my dress until I had bought it as I didn't want any negative comments! I couldn't decide whether to show her or not, but as it turned out I needed someone to help me alter the length of my cape so I had to show her so she could pin it at the correct length. She loved the dress once she saw it anyway :)

For your flowers, choose arrangements that can be moved from the church to your reception, that way you get more value for money ;)

Helen, Oct 30, 2012
    Becky likes this.
  9. MrsLBD2B

MrsLBD2B

Ah that's good advice! I have chosen some balloons for my reception so have been told not to go mad on flowers too but I did want some on the top table and at the entrance as people walk in. :)

MrsLBD2B, Oct 31, 2012
  10. MrsLBD2B

Becky

Another useful tip for flowers is to use your bouquet and the bridesmaid's bouquets as table centres - the florist can give you some vases to put them in :)

Becky, Oct 31, 2012
  11. MrsLBD2B

MrsLBD2B

Another great tip! We were also told to put them on the cake table to decorate that too :)

MrsLBD2B, Oct 31, 2012
  12. MrsLBD2B

Helen

Ohh I love balloons, I think they are a bit underrated. We had balloons around the dance floor as our reception room was pretty large it would have been difficult to fill it just with flowers.

Helen, Oct 31, 2012
  13. MrsLBD2B

MrsLBD2B

I adore balloons, was surprised to find out though that they are just as expensive as flowers. Thought I might have been saving money but turned out I wasn't really!!

MrsLBD2B, Oct 31, 2012
  14. MrsLBD2B

MrsT_2be

Anything that's not hard to do we done ourselves, we done balloons (bought off ebay) helium ( for 30 balloons) I bought from Asda only £20, flowers, buttonholes, bouquets, place cards, music (Spotify) and favours (my friend offered to make them).

All the little things you can diy and I myself done just that and saved so much money! I understand others want everything to look perfect but when the day comes to an end, it all goes in the bin.

But have fun in whatever you decide to do as I quite miss doing all the litttle things running up to mine. ^_^

MrsT_2be, Oct 31, 2012
  15. MrsLBD2B

MrsLBD2B

My sister said exactly the same, it's only one day and you want it to be special but most of it ends up getting thrown away anyway!! As long as you and your partner are there, you have your perfect dress andyou are happy then what else matters?!?! I'm still enjoying organising all the other stuff though :)

MrsLBD2B, Nov 1, 2012
    Becky likes this.
  16. MrsLBD2B

Helen

I also bought my own balloons then got helium from a local gas supplier. It was about £60 for the gas and balloons and I had lots and lots of them, including some giant ones in tractor shapes that we gave to the children and two huge cow balloons that were presents for the best men. :)

Helen, Nov 2, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question