Hey Hey!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Melty Cat, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Melty Cat

Melty Cat

New to the site, not to forums. (Admin several myself, so don't worry about me finding my way around.)

My wedding is booked for the 24th of July 2016 at Butterley Grange Mansion in Derbyshire.

I'll be doing a few things myself. Being a professional artist and designer, I just HAD to design my own dress, invitations and cake.

Anywho, hello to all!

Melty Cat, Mar 5, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. Melty Cat

iPrincess26

Hi Welcome to the Forum, how is your planning going? You have a while to sort it, but be aware it goes fast! I started about 18months before our wedding which is May 15th this year and people thought I was mad trying to do things so early (even a few florists 1 who even told me i was too early to plan my flowers!) but we have 70 days left to go and i'm still panicking about things being sorted! but I am so glad I got all the big things sorted ages ago as it has given me plenty of time to organise the little things! - We had a very set idea about what we wanted and once something was organised I stopped looking at alternatives! Oh and I don't know how involved your OH is/wants to be, I come to a deal with mine - the things he wasn't bothered about (flowers and things) I got on and did without him, things he had a bit of interest in (invitations, favours etc) I whittled things down to 2 or 3 choices and showed him and we made the final choice from them and then he took control of some things ( music and the rings) so it has worked quite well!

You'll find most of us on here have turned our hand to some wedding DIY at some point so if you want any tips or advice we have experience! Oh and we love pic's!!!!! :)

iPrincess26, Mar 5, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. Melty Cat

Becky Administrator

Welcome aboard! :) I just did a quick google for your venue - it looks gorgeous, excellent choice!

That's great that you are designing so many aspects of your day, are you working with a dress maker or making the dress yourself? Can't wait to hear more!

Becky, Mar 5, 2013
  4. Melty Cat

Helen

Welcome! I would love to see some photos of your designs, are you having your dress made specially or are you altering one to your design?

Helen, Mar 15, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question