Hey All Welsh Bride Here

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by WelshKittyBride, Aug 21, 2013.

1. WelshKittyBride

WelshKittyBride

Hi all ,

Recently engaged and not stopped smiling since :wub: We are thinking within 2 years as we got a big hol coming up at start of year (wedding overseas) and will start proper planning then . However we are starting draft numbers and looking at locations now so at least we can set budget and sort everything in a nice time scale and hopefully no stress ;) .

A lot of my close friends married last year and if not are starting families so a lot of opinions have been given on places for evening , day etc but thinking need somewhere away from friends and family where people understand what's going on in my head and can speak sense lol

I'm a bit of a control freak (hand me my clip board :D ) can be sarcastic and like to make people stay positive so a big HELLO from me :D

WelshKittyBride, Aug 21, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. WelshKittyBride

iPrincess26

Hello! Welcome to the forum and Congratulations.

Don't worry about being a control freak - I am too! We got married in May and i had spread sheets, lists, diagrams and 3 copies of the ceremony music along with my Macbook and 100 spare blank cd's (just in case) the restaurant manager/ wedding on the day co-ordinator said it was the easiest wedding to set up for as I had left her diagrams and detailed instructions - my OH stopped me from setting up a table place on our table and taking a picture of it!

It's a good idea to get away from the millions of suggestions and 'helpful ideas' friends and family are giving you - sit down with your OH and work out what the two of you want from the day - always keep in the fore front of your mind (it gets hard sometimes) that this is your (the two of you's) day and just go with what you want.

We like to help where we can and we love photo's! - seems like you are heading the right way about things, start early and start with budget and location! Good luck and if you need some friendly ears removed from the situation we are here (as you will see if you look around). :D

iPrincess26, Aug 22, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. WelshKittyBride

Becky

Welcome to the forum! :D Wedding planning can be very hectic and stressful, so we are here to help! How did your fiancé pop the question?

Becky, Aug 22, 2013
  4. WelshKittyBride

WelshKittyBride

Thanks for the welcome :)

Proposal : he took me out for food in a nice restraunt which wasn't strange as he mentioned a date night food drink etc we had food and he began talking while holding my hand ..... He is diabetic and I could feel him shaking so in my head I'm thinking omg he having a hypo attack lol also we were meant to be going shopping next day and he was saying how we couldn't go shopping , he began saying how much he loved me and wanted our future to be happy and how instead of shopping we could visit family members ... Then he popped the question no knee I think he would of fainted if he did lol

I went for food with some mates in the week and he had met my dad for permission also my mum passed away suddenly 2 years ago and that morning he went to her grave to tell what he was going to do . Before I knew I wanted to marry him but hearing that too sealed the deal :)

WelshKittyBride, Aug 23, 2013
  5. WelshKittyBride

iPrincess26

That is lovely! Got me all goosepimperly! Sorry to hear about your mum, but lovely that he went to tell her his plans, i'm sure she will be with you on the big day (as well as everyday) :)

iPrincess26, Aug 23, 2013
  6. WelshKittyBride

Becky

What a beautiful story! He certainly sounds like a keeper ;) So sorry to hear about your Mum, must have been really difficult. How lovely for your Dad to see you so happy with such a great guy!

Becky, Aug 23, 2013
  7. WelshKittyBride

Helen

Congratulations! What a lovely engagement story :)

Looking forward to hearing about your plans, it is always good to be able to discuss them with people who are impartial as family pressure can make you want to scream at times!

Helen, Aug 23, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question