Hen Night Party Bags

Discussion in 'Stag and Hen Parties' started by MrsGroves2B, Apr 3, 2013.

1. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

I have decided to make my own Hen Night party bags (I know people do similar things, and the MOH normally does it, but my MOH can't make it) and tried to keep it as cheap as possible, but having a fun and silly approach. I have done enough for 20 people as I have at most 20 people coming along (at the moment its 19).

I've brought my own gift bags (Home Bargains at 39p each), and printed out something to stick on each side of the bag (one side is a picture of a cocktail glass and ring with "Hen Nite" above it, and the other side has an outline of a cartoon hen with heels, above it saying "Rebecca's Hen Night" and at the bottom says "26th April 2013". Inside the hen is the person's name the bag belongs to).

Contents:
    2 x party poppers (a bag of 50 for £2.50 in Tesco)
    2 x party balloons (two bags of 25 for £1.40 in Tesco)
    1 x small bottle of bubbles (three boxes of 6 for £3 in Tesco- need to buy 2 more bottles as I'm 2 short)
    1 x neon glow stick and connector (tube of 20 with connectors for 95p in Poundland)
    1 x stick on name badge (32 for £3 from Amazon)
    1 x willy straw (36 for £4.99 on Amazon)
    2 x plastic disposable shot glasses (40 for 95p from Poundland)

Also, each bag has a "survival kit" (made up myself from an idea I saw online) containing the following items in a drawstring organza bag (brought years ago from Hobbycraft but never used them!):
    1 x condom (32 for £1.90 in Poundland)
    1 x stick of chewing gum (35 sticks for 99p in Home Bargains)
    1 x plaster (from home- need a few more strips as I've ran out)
    1 x paracetamol (two boxes of 16 for 32p from Superdrug- got to cut the packets up so they're sealed still, but each bag gets one capsule.

There's a couple of things that may be a little expensive, but don't plan on adding anything else, with the exception of little perfume, cosmetic or facial/body cream samples if I can get some free ones from places like Boots, Superdrug, etc, if I can't get free ones I wont bother! I was going to add some sweets of some description or chocolate but don't think I'll bother now, trying to keep the cost down!

I'm going to print out a little insert for the gift bag saying thank you for being a part of my night, and got three rules:
    1. Make sure I have a really good time (within reason obviously) but my one thing I've said no to is alcohol for me (I don't drink full stop and its the one thing I want people to respect. I have no problem with people drinking but so long as they don't give me alcohol, pour alcohol in my drink, etc).
    2. Take loads of photographs and send me a copy of any that they have taken so I can put them in a special Hen Night photo album.
    3. Have a really good time themselves, stating that they deserve a really good night and it will help with number one if I can see they are really having a good night.

Each survival kit will have a little hand written insert saying why each item is in there (along the lines of a condom- I want you to have a good night, but stay safe whatever you do!, a plaster- for those unwanted blisters from your dancing shoes, a stick of chewing gum- for that minty fresh breath, a paracetamol capsule- for the morning after the night before!)

The total of everything is £27.80 (need to add the cost of 2 bottles of bubbles, which for argument's sake we'll say £1 in total) Make that now £28.50, so each bag is costing around £1.44 per person. I'm quite impressed with that!

Will post photographs (if I can) when they are completed.

MrsGroves2B, Apr 3, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsGroves2B

Becky

All sounds great, and excellent bargain hunting skills! I'm looking forward to seeing some photos :) How are you feeling about the hen party - nervous, excited or both?

Becky, Apr 10, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

I will put photos on when I get them, they're pretty much completed now, just need to put names on one of them, made up for 20 guests but so far only 16 have paid and 17 have confirmed they are coming, so will add the other 3 names when they confirm and pay.

I've now added a chocolate bar (Time Out) and a sweet (random such as a lollipop, Parma Violets, the little ones in an assortment bag) and I have got some tea lights at home I was going to put one in each bag, but not sure on those as they aren't wrapped up and I don't want the candles on the straws, etc, so if I put them in I need something to wrap them in or put them in on the day

MrsGroves2B, Apr 11, 2013
  4. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

Hen party gift bag names.JPG Hen party gift bag back.JPG Hen party gift bag with contents.JPG Hen party gift bag confetti.JPG Hen party gift bag contents laid out.JPG Hen party gift bag note.JPG Hen party gift bag tag.JPG Hen party survival kit contents.JPG Hen party survival kit note.JPG I said I'd have photos when I could, so here we are...

MrsGroves2B, Apr 18, 2013
  5. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

Here are a couple more. The bubbles are just to represent what everyone (except me) have had in their gift bags.

Hen party gift bag bubbles.JPG Hen party gift bags.JPG

MrsGroves2B, Apr 19, 2013
  6. MrsGroves2B

Becky

All looks fantastic! I bet they will love them! :D Not long now...!!

Becky, Apr 19, 2013
  7. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

I know, a week today! Gone really quick, and that weekend is the weekend before my Birthday too, so double celebrations I think! Need some more balloons I think, but the Hen party ones I've only seen in one shop and don't think Amazon will deliver on time, so on the hunt for some locally, then a couple of things to print out and I'm all sorted! xx

MrsGroves2B, Apr 19, 2013
  8. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

Here are just a couple more photographs of things I've prepared for my Hen Night. The only thing I haven't done yet is inflate the balloons and can't do them until later on this afternoon, but will certainly be posting a photograph of those when they are done, along with how I have decorated the room once it is done too! Got a bit of a rush for decorating my private room because its in use until around 6.30pm and the event starts at 7.30pm, guests arriving around 7.15-7.30pm, I'm getting there at about 6.45pm in the hope they will let me decorate then, but may be around 7pm before I can get in, so got about 15 minutes to put up my banners, balloons (I'm inflating them at my Mom's house so they can just be stuck on the walls when we get there) and there's only me and my Mom decorating as I want it to be a surprise when people walk in! I've made my own guest book, well, brought a cheap note book (2 in a pack (pink and orange) for £1 in Poundland, so used the pink one!) and decorated the front cover!

Hen night decorations.JPG Hen night guest book.JPG Hen night photo album.JPG

MrsGroves2B, Apr 26, 2013
  9. MrsGroves2B

Becky

Hope you have a fantastic time! Can't wait to hear all about it! :D

Becky, Apr 26, 2013
  10. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

I can't shut up about it now and it hasn't even started yet, so Goodness knows what I'll be when it finishes! Hehe! xx

MrsGroves2B, Apr 26, 2013
    Becky likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question