Hen Night Ideas?

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by poppleminster, Jan 7, 2012.

1. poppleminster

poppleminster

I have booked mega cheapo travelodge rooms for the weekend in Tunbridge Wells. Having not lived there for ages, I have no idea what to do. It's hen weekend on a budget as everyone is tight on cash so ideas?

I am thinking of cheap sachets of odd flavoured facepacks that you get in boots for a laugh but what else can we do that doesn't cost the earth?

poppleminster, Jan 7, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. poppleminster

MrsBrown

How many people you got coming? Are you thinking of a girly night in or night out or a mixture. how many nights?

Ideas for in....
    cheap bottles of sparkling wine to arrive with. Morrisons do a sparkling perry which is 1.49 a bottle and I think is nicer than champagne.. I am a cheap date!!!
    A DIY spa day. Get everyone to bring a washing up bowl, a bean bag and dressing gown. Have a pamper bag containing foot soak, scrub, creams, (plastic fish could be funny as a fish manicure) face packs and cucumber and away you go. Some relaxation music could work too. you could shift the beds to one side to create more space.
    Then How about making your own cocktails...... A cocktail bar near me put sweets in theirs like giant fizzy cola bottle and fizzy laces.. They are amazing!

Going Out.. I have never been their so no idea but look for early bird deals on restaurants or set menus then at least people no the cost?

MrsBrown, Jan 8, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. poppleminster

poppleminster

Not sure if the hotel will like us staying in but could be an idea for the daytime at least. I have so far 10 people going from all across the country and only two of them know each other. I gave up trying to do something down here as only two of my friends live within 150 miles. Well, I have friends here, just not ones close enough i'd invite on my hen night. More playground mum type which are lovely but I don't really fancy a weekend in a travelodge with them.

I like the plastic fish idea. It'd be hilarious to tell them they are having a fish pedicure then bring out the scrub and a bowl with water and them in.. or is that just mean? I could tell them it's DIY but leave them wondering how i'm getting the fish.

poppleminster, Jan 8, 2012
  4. poppleminster

MrsBrown

You could use the DIY spa as a getting ready for the night out! Few glasses of sparkly stuff too! You could get someone to bake cup cakes for a treat?

I am sure if you don't get to see your friends that often simply being with them and enjoying the company will be great, without the need for expensive activities.

MrsBrown, Jan 8, 2012
  5. poppleminster

poppleminster

I've found a pottery painting place that looks amusing. I love doing such nerdy things as I can paint a terribly un-artistic mug as a momento. It's only a tenner for up to 3 hours and includes drinks.

6. poppleminster

poppleminster

Oh and some of my hens are men. I always went round with the boys. The girls wanted to listen to Wham and dress up barbie dolls. I wanted to listen to The Cure, Guns n Roses and climb rocks to see how fast Barbies hit the floor from the top. Other girls just weren't psycho enough for me! (Should I be admitting this?)

7. poppleminster

Becky

I think the pottery painting sounds like a great idea! When is your hen weekend taking place? I don't know about Tunbridge Wells but around here seemingly every restaurant has deals on to try and get people in (most being in the region of 50% off food!).

Becky, Jan 8, 2012
  8. poppleminster

poppleminster

11/12/13 May. You're welcome to join if you're brave enough xx

9. poppleminster

MrsC2Be

I reckon the DIY spa thing in the day time will be a lovely idea, really relaxing and if people don't know each other, what better ice breaker than sitting round in your slippers with a mudpack on your face?!

Then you could maybe do meal/drinks in the evening, which you can make as crazy or grown up as you like - set menu's and coupons are a great idea for saving money for dinner.

MrsC2Be, Jan 8, 2012
  10. poppleminster

MrsBrown

Men on a DIY spa day.. Got to love it sure they will too and should be a giggle!

MrsBrown, Jan 8, 2012
  11. poppleminster

poppleminster

Oh i've made them do girlie before. One was made to wear a dress and heeled boots in order to come to a girls night out many years ago. I'm mean. It's highly amusing, they are rough and tumble looking lads so the whole girlie thing is completely lost on them.

12. poppleminster

MrsC2Be

Photos please :D

MrsC2Be, Jan 8, 2012
  13. poppleminster

Becky

I'll second that - I'm looking forward to the hen night photos already!! :D

Becky, Jan 10, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question