Help!

Discussion in 'Venue, Ceremony and Reception' started by Mrsg2b2011, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Mrsg2b2011

MrsC2Be

Fingers crossed! I'm going to get my haggling head on on Friday too - we're going to visit the venue to do proper booking and pay deposit. They've always said that we will have to pay any price increases that will occur each year between booking and the date (we're not getting married til 2012) but I'm hoping that if they get our deposit, they will hold the prices, or at least keep the increases to an agreed minimum. They'll be making interest (granted, very little) on our deposit after all. We can be haggling twins on Friday!

MrsC2Be, Jul 28, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Mrsg2b2011

Mrsg2b2011

Ooh goodluck MrsC!! Read what Popple said about haggling on a post on page 2 of this thread. Popple is a star & has put some really good pointers on there. Just remember they want your money so should do you a deal. Iknow people say all the time that they have managed to haggle their venue so it can be done. I know wedding dresses can be haggled for too as my SIL did for hers & my friend who is making my dress used to work for a bridal shop & said the mark up on a dress is 300%!!!:eek: !!!! So think they could potentially be the same for venues to. There is no way we would pay thousands of £'s for a 21st is there!!!???!! So think we should haggle away.
    Where are you booking hun? Good luck, can't wait to hear how it goes!! xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jul 28, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Mrsg2b2011

MrsC2Be

Were booking the hunting lodge at adlington hall. We'll be having the ceremony and reception there. Will take lots of photos on friday, there is a wedding in the afternoon, so it should be set up which will be good. We both fell in love with it when we went :eek:

MrsC2Be, Jul 28, 2010
  4. Mrsg2b2011

Mrsg2b2011

Oh how lovely that you can see it all set up for a wedding!!! Ooo will you put the pics up here after so we can all have a nose please? xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jul 28, 2010
  5. Mrsg2b2011

MrsC2Be

Of course! In the mean time, google it, they've got a website :eek:

MrsC2Be, Jul 28, 2010
  6. Mrsg2b2011

Mrsg2b2011

wow what a beautiful venue!! Love the staircase!! Good luck hun I will keep my fingers crossed for you!!
    I have found another potential venue White hart essex barn just got to find the time to view it as Mark works all week & I work all weekend then have to get Ryan to bed in the evening but I am sure we will work something out :eek:. Hard work all this weding milarke isn't it!! xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jul 28, 2010
  7. Mrsg2b2011

MrsC2Be

Wow, that place looks lovely! Sure you'll get it sorted eventually, its just hard juggling everything at once. I work stupid unsociable hours so I know how you feel :eek:

MrsC2Be, Jul 28, 2010
  8. Mrsg2b2011

Mrsg2b2011

Its pants isn't it! Oh well. I am out tonight but just wanted to nip on here to say good luck for tomorrow xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jul 29, 2010
  9. Mrsg2b2011

MrsC2Be

You two, mine is relatively straight forward, its me with my fingers crossed for you! X

MrsC2Be, Jul 29, 2010
  10. Mrsg2b2011

ilovepink1984

Sounds like you are going through it Rach! Hope it all gets sorted out soon for you and you get some time to view new venues and take a little stress off. The White Hart barn looks gorgeous!! Hopefully you will come out of all this with a better venue and a better deal. Things happen for a reason or so I believe! Let us know how you get on with getting your deposit back and what their explanation is and viewing new places. Thinking of you and fingers crossed xxx

ilovepink1984, Jul 29, 2010
  11. Mrsg2b2011

juliak

Have a fantastic night out hon! x

juliak, Jul 29, 2010
  12. Mrsg2b2011

juliak

MrsG and MrsC I wish you both the best of luck tomorrow, please let us know how you both get on. I'll keep everything crossed for you! Love Ju x

juliak, Jul 29, 2010
  13. Mrsg2b2011

poppleminster

Just catching up! Bet of luck tomorrow :) xx

poppleminster, Jul 29, 2010
  14. Mrsg2b2011

Mrsg2b2011

Thanks everyone. Mark is going to ring them when he gets home. He is on half day today. The venue is an hours drive away so he wants to make sure the manager is in before we set off down there. Apparantly he is a nice guy & has given another couple their money back so hopefully we might be lucky xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jul 30, 2010
  15. Mrsg2b2011

Mrsg2b2011

I am the same. I was gutted at 1st but just keep thinking that everything happens for a reason & something bigger & better will come from this xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jul 30, 2010
  16. Mrsg2b2011

Mrsg2b2011

Thakns hun, made it sound like i was going out iout didn't I lol. I just went round my friends house who is making my wedding dress. Just filling her in on all the details with the venue etc. Just nice to get out even if it is just down the road xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jul 30, 2010
  17. Mrsg2b2011

MrsC2Be

Hope it all gets sorted, its a good sign if someone else got their money back!

We've confirmed our venue!!!! Although I'm officially the worst haggler ever lol it looked lovely all set up for the wedding that's there today. I checked out the toilets too, spotless - defo a good sign! :lol: x

MrsC2Be, Jul 30, 2010
  18. Mrsg2b2011

Mrsg2b2011

Oh how wonderful MrsC!! I am so happy for you! Its always good to check the loos. If they keep them clean then EVERYTHING is clean!!! Don't worry about haggling some venues just will not budge like one we see today.............................xxx

Ok so Mark phoned our previous venue & the manager wasn't in but he spoke to the customer service manager who was very nice & seemed to accept why we are cancelling as they have had lots now due to the bad reviews. He also said we would get our deposit back :lol:, however I will believe that when I see it. Mark said he could just be a yes man and saying it to get him off the phone BUT they are also desperate not to have anymore bad press (not that Mark threatened with that) so hopefully they will. Mark said he will just keep on at them if he has to.... SO because we didn't have to go there we went to view another venue instead & went to see Essex Barn. I got us very lost on the way. Don't ask me how but I sent us to the town of a venue we are visiting in a couple af weeks time!! I don't even know why I sent us there as I knew where we were going :):lol:.
    Oh well so we eventually get there & meet up with the wedding co ordinator who I am sorry to say is a miserable cow!!!
    She showed us round but didn't seem very enthusiastic but we loved the venue so sat down to talk money. Now they do packages, so for £5k you get the venue, reception drinks, 3 course meal, wine on the tables, wine for the toast, a chauffer driven car & a discount on the bridal suite.
    So I told her we wouldn't need the car. Bear in mind you get married upstairs & have the recption downstairs!!! Where am I going to get a lift to???????????????? So I asked her if I could swap that for the bridal suite. No. She actually said, "if you use it great, if you don't great" WTF??? Great for who??? Lol anyway by the time we added on kids meals & VAT it came to almost £6k & thats not including the VAT increase for next year! So we have had to leave it as she wasn't budging on the prices & she basically said she doesn't care as someone else will fill the date anyway!! :lol:. But hey atleast that is a venue I can cross off my huge list lol.
    Will keep you posted as to if we recieve a cheque in the post or not for our deposit xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jul 30, 2010
  19. Mrsg2b2011

MrsC2Be

It sounds like you've got what you wanted from the old venue, so that's brilliant. Fingers crossed it all works out now he has said yes!

Whoever this wedding coordinator was, she sounds like a right grumpy cow! What a great advert for a venue! The wedding coordinator is your first point of call and is often the reason people book a place anyway. At least you know not to consider it now :lol: x

MrsC2Be, Jul 31, 2010
  20. Mrsg2b2011

Frogbitch

Th woman we met at our venue came across really badly the first time we went, but since then she's seemed really nice.

I'm so glad things are looking up for you. x

Frogbitch, Jul 31, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question