Help?!

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by FutureMrsH13, Jun 26, 2017.

1. FutureMrsH13

FutureMrsH13

Hi Everyone,

Im new to this forum, so just wanted to say hello as I need some help.

I got engaged 7 weeks ago and I have asked my bridesmaids ( To early I know)

One of them I have now and been best friends with for 16 years. We always talk about weddings and have done since we were 11 years old.

Me and my FH were talking the other day about what we would like and the idea of a very small wedding, me, FH, my sister, my parents, his parents and his best man (more of a brother to him than his actual brothers) This means all my bridesmaids wouldnt be there, but would be for the party were have a day or two after we say our I Do's. Still have a part in the nwedding still have a dress adn flowers and make up done but just missing out on the I Do part.

I told my Best friend this and she has said she is really hurt (which I understand) she will never get over it and is angry with me.

I have tried to tell her once you get enaged and talk aboiut weddings, things change and your mind changes. I know it is upsetting but am I being that mean to want a wedding that I would like and not have to please everyone else. She has made it all about her and I am quite upset by this.

As mentioned before the party will be just like a recpetion with brdesmaids and ushers, first dance, vutting of cake just with out everyon there to watch the I Do part.

Can anyone say anything that will make me feel better as I already feel crap about it!

Thank you

xx

FutureMrsH13, Jun 26, 2017
    1. Advertisements

2. FutureMrsH13

lucinda

Hi im new too. cant believe 80 people read this and noone replied. i havent even started yet and am overwhelmed at how expensive things are. even when you are trying to keep budget down. i am an older bride 54 second wedding but i still want it special. I think at the end of the day you have to do whats right for you. if having just your direct family and BM at the wedding is how you want it, your best friend should understand . although it is difficult with girls and friends. She has probabably been looking forward to being your bridesmaid as much as you are being the bride especailly as you have talked about it. the only other option is to have her there in the capacity of chief bridesmaid for the i do's . and then follow on at the after party with the other . Are you wearing your wedding dress to the i do's or saving that for the party? i ask because my cousin recently got married with the formalities on the Friday. direct family only no bridesmaids and then did the whole aisle thing with a celebration officer to perform the vows again the next day. it worked really well. have you thought about that as an option?

lucinda, Aug 31, 2017
    1. Advertisements

3. FutureMrsH13

Kelly Jetson

Hello,

I completely get where you are coming from! Myself and my partner have actually booked our wedding in Cyprus for May 2019 and were planning on inviting about 60 people to come with us and then have a party when we get back here for a bigger amount of people with work friends and so on.

However, as time has gone one I've began to feel more unhappy with my decision, two of my friends have actually told me they are bridesmaids without actually being asked, I'm worrying about my choices being good enough, people turning their noses up, if everyone will enjoy themselves, worrying about invitations, suits, dresses and the rising cost!!!!!

So this week I have made the decision that I now only want very close family and best man there. So a grand total of 16 people us included. I haven't told anyone but my mom and OH as of yet and to be honest might not until I have found where I want to go.

You need to remember this is your day, you need to be completely happy with your decision and not be pressured into making choices based on other peoples likes or dislikes.

Wishing you all the best
    xxxx

Kelly Jetson, Sep 28, 2017
    1. Advertisements