Help with North East venues!

Discussion in 'Venue, Ceremony and Reception' started by Candice, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Candice

Candice

Hi,
    We are planning our wedding for June 2016 and are looking for venues in the north east. We would like to do it at a reasonable price, and was hoping for some suggestions.
    All help is massively appreciated!
    Thanks x

Candice, Sep 8, 2015
    1. Advertisements

2. Candice

Becky

Welcome to the forum! :)

I see that you mentioned Alnwick Castle in another post, it's so lovely there. In terms of other ideas, I've been to a couple of nice weddings at The Grand Hotel in Tynemouth. In terms of National Trust locations, have you thought about Wallington? It's a really pretty place, but I have no idea what their prices would be like.

When are you thinking of getting married?

Becky, Sep 9, 2015
    1. Advertisements

3. Candice

Candice

Hey, sorry for the long reply time.
    We are looking at June 2016. I have done so much research into local (ish) venues it's unbelievable. We finally have a short list and are visiting them this week.
    We didn't want to spend a small fortune purely because anything we don't spend can be used for our future together, but at the same time you only have one wedding (you know what I mean) so we wanted it nice. That balance is difficult but I think we have found our venue and within budget!

Candice, Sep 20, 2015
  4. Candice

Becky

I know exactly what you mean! ;)

That's exciting about the venue, which ones are on your shortlist?

Becky, Sep 21, 2015
  5. Candice

Candice

The venue we love is Rushpool Hall in Saltburn, it is stunning!
    We are still to see Blackwell Grange, Beamish Hall, and the Grand Hotel in Hartlepool. We have already seen Redworth Hall and Langley Castle. I added 2 of those just to be nosy more than anything lol.
    Langley Castle was also stunning, and no where near as expensive as I expected, but it's too far away from where we live so it would be an issue for people travelling x

Candice, Sep 22, 2015
    Becky likes this.
  6. Candice

Becky

I just looked up Rushpool Hall and it's gorgeous - I can see why you like it! :) I hope your other venue visits go well, I had no idea that Beamish did weddings too. Let us know how you get on!

Becky, Sep 23, 2015
  7. Candice

Candice

Beamish hall hotel. It was stunning and threw a big spanner in the works because now we can't choose!
    It's a nicer problem to have then to not have found any nice places though x

Candice, Sep 24, 2015
    Becky likes this.
  8. Candice

LoveBugs

Hello :)

I didnt married in the north east, but my advice is good for everybody. I just bought a big event tent from http://www.r-zs.com/en/. For example like the tents on the pictures. CanĀ“t reach my SD-Card at the moment where my own pictures are saved:

[​IMG] or [​IMG]

It was pretty cheap. Just 1 Big Tent for wedding stuff and guests and 1 cheaper, smaller tent beneath that area, for Dinner and Talking-Area. For sure our luck was that we had enoug space and didnt had to pay anything for that. But our costs where low, because we just had to rent 2 Big Tents, and no venue/hall which would be more expensive.

Regards.

LoveBugs, Nov 30, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question