Help with inviting couples

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by June2016bigday, Jan 10, 2016.

1. June2016bigday

June2016bigday

hi,

We are getting married in Italy in June this year. It's s tiny wedding of 60 people. We are only young and of our friends only have one married couple so have invited them as a couple. All other invitees who are friends of ours we have not invited their partners as they are all invited in close friendship groups and we don't actually know any of their partners that well. We didn't realise it was an issue and all our friends were super cool with it and looking forward to s girls holiday effectively (my mates!) and a chance for a boys weekend away for the guys. However one friend has said she can't come because her boyfriend isn't invited. We are now thinking we should just invite him but then we would have to invite all partners. We are at our ceremony space limit. We would not know what to do about the ceremony if we invite these extra 25 people as it adds almost half our guests again. We don't know what to do :( is it really unacceptable that we haven't invited partners even though it's a tiny wedding and the current guests are all very good friends, with a limit due to the physical space of the ceremony? Need help :(

June2016bigday, Jan 10, 2016
    1. Advertisements

2. June2016bigday

Becky

Welcome to the forum! :)

I hate to say it, but it sounds like your friend is trying to manipulate you so that she gets what she wants... :( You're not the one being unreasonable - she is. Stick to what you want to do and stand your ground - if she is stubborn about it and says she won't come, then that's a shame, but it would be better to lose one person that gain 25 people who will end up causing you problems (ie with the limited space and potential extra cost). It's a shame she is being like this, is she a close friend?

Becky, Jan 11, 2016
    1. Advertisements

3. June2016bigday

Bethany Walker

If I was you I'd tell her that you've set rules and you can't change them as there just isn't room. If you make it sound as if there isn't any possible way that he can come then she might give in. If not then, not to be blunt, but she's not worth coming to your wedding! You want to keep it small & she shouldn't manipulate that out of you.

It's your wedding at the end of the day and it sounds like it's going to be great and very intimate, you don't want someone there who doesn't know anybody. Plus, why would he want to go when he's going to be the only partner there?!

Bethany Walker, Mar 2, 2016
  4. June2016bigday

CarolineS

It's a hard situation to be in.
    But people have to understand the limitations. The people that really need to be there will be there no matter what.

CarolineS, Apr 22, 2016
  5. June2016bigday

Melanie Uttley

I couldnt agree more with the other posts. Weddings sometimes get to the point that you do what everyone else wants, and takes away from what you want to do.
    It sounds like there isnt the possibility to add people on as you have reached max capacity. If a small wedding is what you want, then that is what you should have.

Melanie Uttley, Jun 1, 2016
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question