Help - Venue Query

Discussion in 'Venue, Ceremony and Reception' started by jcunnane, Mar 3, 2013.

1. jcunnane

jcunnane

Hi,

I have booked The Distiller pub in Smithfields for my wedding in Nov. but I am worried that my increasing guest list will mean the venue is too small.
    Has anyone held their reception at The Distiller and if so many how many people attended???

Thanks

jcunnane, Mar 3, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. jcunnane

Helen

I suggest ringing your venue and asking them, they will be limited to the number of people stated on their fire certificate so will be able to tell you how many you can have :)

Helen, Mar 15, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. jcunnane

MrsGroves2B

I'd ring the venue up and find out there maximum number of guests, like Helen said. I knew our reception stated 120 people, so when it went over I questioned it to them, and they told me the room can actually hold 150 people but they suggest 120 as its comfortable with 120 in there, so I know that the extra few that arrive during the evening won't be turned away and are not going to be a problem

xx

MrsGroves2B, Apr 22, 2013
  4. jcunnane

HEPPY1990

sometimes it has to do with fire regulations and insurance rather than the space

HEPPY1990, Jun 23, 2013
  5. jcunnane

AmyStuart

If you are really for that venue just ask about the max number of guests. Not everyone come, so you don't have to give up the venue. Just make two lists of guests- the more 'important' one and others. maybe I'm not politically correct here but I hope you get what I mean. And when someone turns your invitation down you can invite another person in this place. My cousin did that and worked really fine! Had thesame dilemma you are having now :)

AmyStuart, Jun 26, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question