Help. No Idea Where To Start

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by MrsBoucher2B2012, May 17, 2010.

1. MrsBoucher2B2012

MrsBoucher2B2012

Hi
    Im getting married June 2012 and the point of having two years until the wedding was so we could take it easy and plan it at our own pace and hopefully not get too stressed, plus i need to get back in shape having our six month old daughter. The only thing is i have no idea where to start i dont know what i can book and sorted out over the next year as most people that i know planned theirs over a year.
    Im so confused please help.

Dani x

MrsBoucher2B2012, May 17, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsBoucher2B2012

MrsStanding2Be

I'm getting married 2 months later than you, and i have booked the church and reception! lol, most places will take bookings now as we are coming to the middle of the year. if you dont start booking you will loose out. x

MrsStanding2Be, May 17, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsBoucher2B2012

ilovepink1984

Hi Dani, congratualtions on getting married and on having your daughter [​IMG]

Not sure how much help I will be as I am planning over 8 months [​IMG] but I would definately start by going and viewing potential venues and booking that as soon as you are sure. As you are getting married in the summer months which are very popular and would do this asap to avoid disappointment. If you are marrying a church I would book the date in with the vicar too.

You could also start looking at and viewing photographers work and booking one you are happy with. Mine has bookings into 2013 already although still has loads of dates available this year too. Most suppliers, I have found, seem willing to book your date in and then you can get back to them closer to the date to discuss things further. There is no harm in looking into florists, cakes, cars etc that you like and reserving your date and then go back closer to discuss themes, colours etc. I booked my florist at the weekend and I have 5 months left. She is sending me pictures of the finished article but I can change my mind upto 2 weeks before. I have also booked a cake maker for cupcakes but she doesn't need final decisions until a week before ie quantity, colours, ribbons etc.

Regarding your dress, I would wait until about a year before hand to go and choose and order. This gives you time to research dresses/designers/styes that you like and select shops that stock them to cut down on how many you visit and gives you time to get back into shape before you get measured. Also, with so long to go if you ordered a dress now you might change your mind countless times!! You could also pick BMs dresses when you select yours. This will also help shape a theme/colour scheme that will aid your florist choice etc.

You have plenty of time to think of ideas, styles, colours etc that you like to plan a perfect day. Hope some of this has been some help. Happy planning

Sophie xxx

ilovepink1984, May 17, 2010
  4. MrsBoucher2B2012

MrsBoucher2B2012

Thanks ladies.
    I have started looking at reception venues. I have also accidentally stumbled across my dream wedding dress and im tempted to get it now as it is only £295 made to measure, i have a friend that can alter it to fit closer to the date and once i lose the last of the baby weight of course.

MrsBoucher2B2012, May 17, 2010
  5. MrsBoucher2B2012

Mrswalton2be

Congratulations...

Its never to early to start planning. There are loads of things to consider venue, reception, guest lists etc...

Good luck planning tho xxx

Mrswalton2be, May 17, 2010
  6. MrsBoucher2B2012

poppleminster

The advantage of booking things early is that you can often get the price lower than it will be if you waited 2 years. I looked at a few venues so far and all have offered to hold the price at this years because they don't know what it will cost in two year time! I still haven't found one I want tho.

poppleminster, May 25, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question