Help! Carnival/fete Theme

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by Amymel86, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Amymel86

Amymel86

Hello there!

We are thinking of having a carnival/fete theme reception (I say 'we'...I mean 'me'!) it would be ace if we could afford to higher a merry-go-round, bouncy castle etc but alas, I don't think our budget would allow! (sigh)

I am quite creative and will give anthing a go so if any of you have any ideas please chuck 'em my way!!!

I will be making bunting and we will be having a sweety bar but don't know how to style the tables etc??

thanks

Amy

Amymel86, Dec 2, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Amymel86

MrsBrown

Oh I love it when people asks us to help with wedding planning.. it allows me to get my wedding planning head on and get excited again!! Sorry tried to post some links but it been going silly!

You could name your tables after different fairground rides or fete stalls, like hook a duck or bumper cars or merry go round?

You could also have some games to play during your reception after your married to keep people entertained, hook a duck in a large paddling pool would be easy to do, or that oen where you throw balls into jars.. you might need a few ushers to help be in charge of these though ha ha or you coudl hire someone who makes balloon animals for the kids??/

Cant wait to hear more about it

MrsBrown, Dec 2, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Amymel86

MrsBrown

[​IMG]

MrsBrown, Dec 2, 2010
  4. Amymel86

MrsBrown

5. Amymel86

MrsBrown

[​IMG]

MrsBrown, Dec 2, 2010
  6. Amymel86

MrsBrown

[​IMG]

Love the bouncy castles!!

MrsBrown, Dec 2, 2010
  7. Amymel86

Amymel86

OMG!! Thank you sooo much!

That sweet bar looks amazing! I like the naming the tables idea! And in one of the storyboad pics there is toffee apples!! I would love to do those with ribbons in the color theme! (I've seen the flowers that I want so everything will HAVE to fall in with them - when I get to a scanner I'll post up the image of the flowers!) oooohh more ideas please people - I'll have to get round to persuading the H2B about all this at another date!!!

What kind of displays could I have on the tables???
    :)
    yaaayyyyyy!!

Amymel86, Dec 2, 2010
  8. Amymel86

airy_fairy

I think this all looks brilliant!

As for table centres I think this is the PERFECT theme for balloons - maybe multicoloured balloons? or what about jars of whirley pops, candy canes and a tray of toffee apples - on the tables instead of a sweety tray? Or hey, both balloons and sweet treats!!!

For favours you could give out small polythene bags of flavoured popcorn tied with multicoloured ribbbons - SO cheap to make yourself!!! Of if ou save money on the table centres by having balloons you could hire and old-style pop corn maker? and serve the guests up with their favours yourself?

Instead of a cake you could buy a second hand candy floss maker from Ebay and make miniture candy floss sticks in different colours? so much fun!!! or you could serve them in the evening as a sweet treat? Or have cupcakes with TINY candy floss sticks on cocktail sticks stuck on top!!

wow, I'm enjoying this... kinda wish I have a 'theme' now!

Bridesmaids in different colours - bright and zingy? A lot of the wedding magazines do 'caribbean' theme pages you could get brigt ideas from? Ushers in waistcoast to match bridesmaids with different coloured shirts and no jackets? relaxed but formal...?

Flowers - i don't know about this - i have to admit i'm no genius on flowers but i suppose the brighter the better :) or you could carry something unique like a handbag covered in loads of different coloured buttons?

I think the best bet is probably to have everything plain white as much as possible so that the balloons/sweets/flowers etc. do all the talking :)

wow, that was fun!!!

airy_fairy, Dec 3, 2010
  9. Amymel86

Becky Administrator

Ooh what a great theme! :)

I love the idea of whirly pops as part of the table centre - you could create a base to stick them into, and then maybe tie helium balloons to the centre?

Candy floss is another great idea - can I come to you wedding please?! :)

Becky, Dec 3, 2010
  10. Amymel86

Amymel86

HaHa! Yea - come along! I'll hire you to hand out popcorn!!! Lol!!

just seen this on Etsy...

[​IMG]

Love it!

Amymel86, Dec 3, 2010
  11. Amymel86

MrsBrown

Sunflowers would look ace!!

MrsBrown, Dec 3, 2010
  12. Amymel86

MrsBrown

or these flowers. If you like flowers you could have random flowers in bright colours in vases

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Thats a possible pic for pots with swirl lollipops in, would look fab I reckon!!

MrsBrown, Dec 3, 2010
  13. Amymel86

Amymel86

Thanks Mrs Brown! You're really getting into this!!

The bright flowers are pretty but I'm thinking of going for some contrasting pastels like lilac and pistacio green or peach and light turquoise. What do you think?

I've seen this and love the photoframe idea. I reckon I could get a good selection of frames from charity shops or a car boot sale.
    [​IMG]

Amymel86, Dec 3, 2010
  14. Amymel86

MrsBrown

OH I am just jealous that I cant plan my own anymore, I miss it ha ha!!

Is the photo frame the seating plan? if not it would be a fab idea!

Love the colours, very shabby chic style which I think you would be able to find lots of stuff and ideas, I tend to just type in my idea in google images and usually find something. HAve you thought about ligth pink in your colours as well?

MrsBrown, Dec 3, 2010
  15. Amymel86

Becky Administrator

I love the sound of those colour combinations - that would be so pretty! :)

Becky, Dec 4, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question