Hellooo! :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Savage, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Savage

Savage

Hi all!

Sooo, I have been a lurker for a while, and have finally decided to step out from behind my imaginary curtain!
    My partner Robin and I have been together for 7.5 years now. We have two lovely children, a girl (5) and boy (2). After waiting what seemed like forever for a proposal, I finally got one on 14th May (his bday) on the summit of Snowdon of all places!! Needless to say I was elated and practically bounced down the mountain!!
    We have just got back off holiday and of course, I needed something to take my mind of the holiday blues & what better way than WEDDING PLANNING!!! :) SQUEEEEEE

We were planning it for 2 years time so as to save up enough to pay ourselves however my parents would rather us not have such a long engagement and have very kindly offered to pay half! Woohoo!!

So, let the planning commence!!

xxx

Savage, Jul 24, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. Savage

MrsC2Be

Yay congratulations :D How kind of your parents to give you the money, what date will you be looking at now?

What thoughts have you had so far, do you have a venue in mind?

Looking forward to reading all about it :D x

MrsC2Be, Jul 24, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. Savage

Helen

Welcome! We aren't that bad - you don't need to hide lol. Looking forward to hearing about your plans :)

Helen, Jul 24, 2012
  4. Savage

MrsBrown

Welcome to the forum and congratulations. We do our best to be helpful so please ask if any questions. Some of us are still hanging around after 2 years of marriage, so they must be nice!!

MrsBrown, Jul 24, 2012
    Frogbitch likes this.
  5. Savage

Becky Administrator

Welcome to the forums - I'm glad you decided to sign up! :D

Your proposal sounds brilliant! May 14th was during that nice weather we had wasn't it? Must have been amazing - what a memory to treasure!

Can't wait to hear more about your planning. Where abouts are you planning on getting married? Have you started looking into venues yet?

Becky, Jul 25, 2012
  6. Savage

Savage

Aww, thanks for the lovely welcome! :)

Yes Becky, it was so lovely...and a complete shock!! I never though he had it in him!!

We've provisionally set a date, 2nd August 2013. We've seen a venue which we both love and have been pencilled in. We are going back on 25th August to confirm but still going to have a nosey around a few more places just to be sure. I've chosen my colour scheme, bm dresses, picked my music and have started putting a guest list together! This wedding planning malarkey is really addictive!!

I look forward to sharing the excitement with you all & will be back and forth for help/ideas fairly regularly I should imagine!!

xx

Savage, Jul 27, 2012
  7. Savage

MrsC2Be

yay, almost a year to go :-D

MrsC2Be, Jul 27, 2012
  8. Savage

Savage

I know!!!! And I just know its going to fly!!

Are you in wedding planning mode too? I never realised just how much there is to organise & arrange!!

Savage, Jul 27, 2012
  9. Savage

MrsC2Be

we're 5 weeks out, so pretty full on at the moment! I *think* we're fairly organised .....

MrsC2Be, Jul 27, 2012
  10. Savage

iPrincess26

Yay! You sound like you have the organisation under control, i'm having a slump at the moment just can't be bothered with wedding stuff! Need to pull my finger out though and start getting stuff done again!

iPrincess26, Jul 27, 2012
  11. Savage

Savage

Wow mrsc2be!! Best of luck with your impending big day!!
    I am the biggest stress head and control freak I know so I'm kinda dreading the last few weeks before hand cos I just know I'll be in a right flap!

iPrincess26, how long til your big day? I'm really looking forward to doing all the little bits like favours, invitations etc but atm I'm busy getting quotes off florists, cars, bands. As soon as everything is set in stone with deposits paid I can start on all the other stuff! :)

xx

Savage, Jul 27, 2012
  12. Savage

iPrincess26

292 days! May next year - have all the big stuff done - flowers, photographer, venue, menu just things like the invites (which i keep saying have to wait till after the pre-wedding shoot as I want to use an image from that in them) decor for the evening room, the vows and stuff to go to the registrar, music etc need to be sorted and I have no inclination at the moment! OH is sorting music but I am having some input too.

Fingers crossed you get things finalised soon :)

iPrincess26, Jul 27, 2012
  13. Savage

Savage

Oooh, a pre wedding shoot!? We are doing this too...I am hopeless in front of the camera so I need LOTS of practice before the actual day! Are you going anywhere special for the shoot?
    I'm thinking of having it at our venue so our photographer can get used to it and figure out where the best shots would be etc. Thankfully I know her (my sisters best friend) so it should be a fun & relaxed shoot! :)

Savage, Aug 2, 2012
  14. Savage

tattoobride2be

welcome hunny look forward to hearing about your wedding plans

sarah xx

tattoobride2be, Aug 2, 2012
  15. Savage

iPrincess26

Yep we are going to Howe town pier which is where Tom proposed - thankfully we will plan the shoot so it isn't -19 as it was on the evening he proposed (valentines day last year) funny how after he asked I wasn't cold at all! The info is in the proposals section with lots of other fab stories, you should add yours.

iPrincess26, Aug 2, 2012
    Savage likes this.
  16. Savage

Savage

Oh, that sounds lovely!! But holy cow...-19!?!?
    I'd absolutely love to have a shoot where Rob proposed, but we'd have to ask our photographer if she's into mountain climbing! It would make for some stunning photos...and there is a train that goes up if she'd rather not climb....hmmmm....

Savage, Aug 3, 2012
  17. Savage

iPrincess26

Yep it gets cold in the lakes! (poss a slight exaggeration but was definately in the minuses!) oh and I had 6" heels a dress and a cardigan on and had to navigate the footpath (well trodden into the grass/mud/potholes) and a frozen pier we well worth it though and can't wait for the pre-wedding shoot! (strange as I hate getting my photo taken) It was amazing though (OH was gutted as it was so windy all the tea lights he had set up wouldn't stay lit) but it didn't matter to me.

Your proposal sounds fab and I bet pictures up there would be amazing - def something to consider as there is the train up so your photographer wouldn't have to climb with all of the equipment. :)

iPrincess26, Aug 3, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question