Hello !

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by flittle0, Mar 26, 2013.

1. flittle0

flittle0

Hi,
    I am the soon-to-be Mrs Boyd as of May 2014. I have joined here as I haven't a clue where to start in arranging this weddding lol. I am currently living in Australia however I am from Devon and I will be returning to marry my future Husband before jetting back to the land down under.
    I don't have parents and so I am kind of planning and paying for this wedding ourselves. Not a bad thing but not as easy to do when you are the other side of the world. I have just put a deposit down on our reception venue and also on my dress. I am very organised, but I have to be as I won't be returning until we are due to marry so I need to make sure I know exactly what we want.
    The big thing is our budget. I have kind of blown that by spending over £1000 on my dress but you only get married once right ?? Is anyone from the Torbay, Devon area ? I am on the look out for contacts in relation to photography, cars and entertainment.

Wish Me Luck
    :unsure:

flittle0, Mar 26, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. flittle0

Becky Administrator

Welcome to the forums! :) Is your fiance from Australia, or did you meet before going there?

You are off to a good start if you have booked your reception venue already. Did you come over to the UK to see it first? Sounds like it could be tricky sorting everything from Australia given the huge time difference, but I'm sure you'll be fine! There is certainly lots that can be done on a budget too. What kind of wedding are you thinking about having? eg country rustic, traditional/formal, etc?

Becky, Mar 26, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. flittle0

Becky Administrator

Oh and we have a member from Okehampton here - is that near you? She got married last year so hasn't been around much recently - her forum name is poppleminster :)

Becky, Mar 26, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question