Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MrsRose2be, Jul 5, 2012.

1. MrsRose2be

MrsRose2be

Hi everyone

Well, me and the h2b have been together for 4 years come July27th. Met online and just clicked.

We are getting married in sept this year in Tsilivi, Zante. Having a beach wedding.
    We have 27 people in total.

Most of the plans are going well, though if anyone could help with ideas on presents to give mother in law / step mother I would be very appreciative. H2b mum isn't going but his dad and step mum are.

Would love to hear from fellow brides to be and any advice would be great :)

MrsRose2be, Jul 5, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsRose2be

MrsC2Be

Welcome :) Zante is lovely for a wedding, a colleague of mine is MOH at a wedding in Zante in August, it looks gorgeous.

Are you taking the presents over there with you? Might dictate the size/bulk of what you can get?

Looking forward to hearing more about your wedding :)

MrsC2Be, Jul 5, 2012
    MrsRose2be likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsRose2be

MrsBrown

Hi there. I have been to Zante it's gorgeous! We actually didn't bother with presents for anyone, so to sure I can help but just wanted to say welcome!

MrsBrown, Jul 6, 2012
    MrsRose2be likes this.
  4. MrsRose2be

Helen

A beach wedding sounds fabulous! How did you choose, have you been there before?

I got married abroad, it was amazing I can highly recommend it :)

Helen, Jul 6, 2012
    MrsRose2be likes this.
  5. MrsRose2be

iPrincess26

Hi Welcome to the site! Nice to hear of another couple who met online (me & my OH did too) guessing you admit to it unlike us who when asked where we met we always say my parents home town as that is where we met in person for the first time - still a bit of a stigma this online dating malarky (at least in our head - daft I know!).

Zante sounds fab I have been to laganas but never made it into Zante town.

As for gifts like it has already been mentioned if you are taking them with you then you need to think about size/weight - My father in law to be always says the best gifts are consumables or experiences (he hates clutter) but he has a good point, may be look at experiences that they may like.

:)

iPrincess26, Jul 6, 2012
    MrsRose2be likes this.
  6. MrsRose2be

Helen

You could buy them a day trip or a meal while they are out there? That way there is no extra weight to add to your case plus it is something a bit special.

Helen, Jul 6, 2012
    MrsRose2be likes this.
  7. MrsRose2be

Becky Administrator

Welcome to the forums! :) A wedding in Zante sounds wonderful, bet you can't wait! What is your budget for the presents? I'm tempted to say something like jewellery as it is small, but you could also go down the 'experience' route too - eg a boat trip after the wedding day perhaps while they are there.

Becky, Jul 6, 2012
  8. MrsRose2be

Becky Administrator

Helen - great minds think alike! I had this topic open for a while and after I replied I saw that you had suggested the same thing!

Becky, Jul 6, 2012
  9. MrsRose2be

MrsRose2be

Thanks for all the feedback.
    Did decide that we would take the gifts (whatever they may be) with us, loving the suggestions of an 'experience' maybe like a spa day.
    I decided to look for jewellry for my bridesmaid, nothing too dear as buying her dress and paying to get her hair done. Maybe that is expected anyway, I don't know, its all new to me :)

Helen - I have been to Greece before but not Zante, just heard so many good things about it. My h2b has been married before, so we wanted something completely different.

iPrincess26 - We are proof that online dating works :D anyone who says otherwise doesn't have all the facts lol. Most people know we meant online, I never really made an issue of it.
    Hope everyones wedding plans are going well, look forward to hearing all about them :lol:

MrsRose2be, Jul 6, 2012
  10. MrsRose2be

MrsBrown

I met my oh on line and my friend met her boyfriend online and I am going to a wedding next month where they met online too!! It's the new thing.. So uncool to say that you met in a pub or something ha ha ( on teasing for those who did)

MrsBrown, Jul 7, 2012
    MrsRose2be likes this.
  11. MrsRose2be

Helen

We are another online couple. It will be the 'norm' soon :)

Helen, Jul 7, 2012
  12. MrsRose2be

iPrincess26

Didn't realise that there was so many of us on here! Definately becoming the norm - to be honest I think any stigma attached to it is only in my and OH's heads! :)

iPrincess26, Jul 7, 2012
  13. MrsRose2be

martinnat9

Mmmmm..I would love a beach wedding!! I suppose I will just have to be content that I got proposed to on the beach! Like Becky, I would suggest jewellery. It's a good time in Jan to go looking for bargains if you are trying to get the costs down. I just something great in the Oliver Bonas sale http://www.oliverbonas.com/sale/sale_jewellery/nck_star_garland_bm_w_plating_silver.htm as I am having a moon , star and sun theme for the wedding! I love this necklace! I'm sure you could find something gorgeous for them for a good price.

martinnat9, Jan 15, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question