Hello, I'm New!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by nahatalie, Aug 21, 2012.

1. nahatalie

nahatalie

Hi,

I'm new, looking for a place to bounce ideas off and this seems to be nice and friendly! I'm 27, and getting married in July 2012. I live with my fiance in Essex and our menagerie of pets; two house cats, two house rabbits and a hamster. I'm hoping to start a new career straight after the wedding so I have a new life to look forward to as I hate my current job. I'm loving all the planning at the moment, and we have a lot of it sorted already. We've been engaged for about 4 months now, I just can't wait another 11 months for the wedding!

Looking forward to chatting to others :)

nahatalie, Aug 21, 2012
    gildius likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. nahatalie

MrsBrown

Welcome to forums. I presume you mean July 2013 not 2012! ( don't worry I do that all the time)

11months will fly by. What have you sorted already? Looking forward to hearing your plans.

MrsBrown, Aug 22, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. nahatalie

nahatalie

Yes! Sorry, I meant 2013 lol. The years are going by so fast, I can't keep track!

Things we've sorted: Photographer, Rings, Venue (comes with all the catering), Registrar (just need to send something off), Garden entertainment, Guitarist, Cake, Save the Dates, DJ, Chair covers, Accomodation for me night before wedding, Honeymoon Suite, and I think I know what dress I want! Just got to go back to the shop with my mum.

Things we still need to do: Flowers (but we have a quote from one place, just need to get another quote from somewhere else to compare and see if it's reasonable) Favours (but that's not massively urgent) Invites (but can't do those until a few weeks before) Transport, Hair and Make-up, Bridesmaids dresses, and Honeymoon!

I think we've thought of everything, we have a running spreadsheet of things to do. As I'm sure every new bride says, until you plan a wedding, you have no idea of all the silly little things you have to do! I am enjoying the planning though.

nahatalie, Aug 22, 2012
  4. nahatalie

Becky

Welcome to the forums, it's great to have you here! This is the friendliest wedding forum that I know of (but I suppose I am biased!!) :D

Sounds like it is all coming along really well, can't wait to hear more about it. Are you including a Japanese theme at all to reflect where you got engaged?

Becky, Aug 22, 2012
  5. nahatalie

iPrincess26

Hi Welcome to the forum, sounds like you are on top of the planning, spreadsheets are great! :)

Where are you getting married?

iPrincess26, Aug 22, 2012
  6. nahatalie

tattoobride2be

hi and welcome its lovely on here xx

tattoobride2be, Aug 22, 2012
  7. nahatalie

nahatalie

Thanks for the welcomes!

We're getting married at Crondon Park in Stock, near Billericay in Essex. It's a lovely beamed hall with a nice garden area. All the amenities are within view of everything else so the wedding party won't be split into different rooms like I've seen at other weddings, we're hoping to maintain a nice close atmosphere this way.

I think we will have some hints of Japan going through the wedding. Our save the dates were magnets with a picture of one of the shrines we took in the background. I'd like to make favours, either a cookie or a big flat chocolate heart, and pipe each guests name in icing spelt out in Katakana, one of the Japanese "alphabets". However, I think that will be very time consuming! To confuse the wedding with more international twists, I am half French so we're having a croquem bouche for the cake. I really wanted sakura (Japanese cherry blossom) to feature in the flowers, but you just can't get it in England, and it's not going to be in season for the closest match to sakura! I might make the table names something Japanese. I also have a passion for animals so I'm going to work that in too! My fiance is easy going and hasn't really got anything specific he wants, though he is suprisingly involved which is lovely. I've already had a few silly ideas vito'd lol.

nahatalie, Aug 22, 2012
  8. nahatalie

MrsBrown

Sounds lovely. Mixing cultures can work well and I like our ideas.

Any pictures? We lke pictures!

MrsBrown, Aug 23, 2012
  9. nahatalie

Becky

Ooh I love the sound of the croquem bouche! They look amazing, we were considering one for our wedding. All sounds good so far!

Becky, Aug 23, 2012
  10. nahatalie

nahatalie

A smattering of tenuously wedding related photos! And some really not wedding related...

This is the background for our save the date fridge magnets that we sent to all our guests:
    [​IMG]

This is sakura (Japanese cherry blossom) which would have been nice to include but you can't get it over here. In Japan they celebrate the arrival of the cherry blossom by having drunken picnics underneath them called Hanami! We managed to get involved and gatecrash a Hanami party lol.
    [​IMG]

My ring! Moments after it was 1st placed on my hand.
    [​IMG]

We did this one evening, feeling loved up...one of us waved a lit mobile in the shape of a heart and the other took a picture with the shutter speed set to slow to create the effect with the light.
    [​IMG]

Sorry if you don't like animals, but I have to include our furry children! House bunnies, house kitties and a hamster.
    Truffle!
    [​IMG]
    Marzipan!
    [​IMG]
    Koji! (named after a bar tender at my favourite bar in Hiroshima - we showed him a picture of the cat and he laughed...I think he thought we were a bit nuts. Randomly, he's coming to England for a holiday around the time of our wedding so I invited him! It will be strange for him as he speaks about as much English as I do Japanese, which is very very little!
    [​IMG]
    Miles! We've been through a lot together, Miles and I. He's moved 5 times for me, and he's not even 3 yet!
    [​IMG]
    And finally, little old Holly:
    [​IMG]

Sorry about the animal photos. I just wish I could take the cats to the wedding! But that's sad, and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't enjoy the experience! I did joke about Miles being the ring bearer...but that was vito'd by my fiance lol.

nahatalie, Aug 23, 2012
  11. nahatalie

Becky

I want your animal children!! They all look so cute, and they have beautiful coats - Miles in particular. How do the cats and rabbits get on?

Becky, Aug 24, 2012
  12. nahatalie

nahatalie

Both cats are a lot darker than that photo now actually, their coats get darker as they get older. And Miles' coat is getting longer as he matures. The cats and rabbits pretty much ignore each other. Marzipan (rabbit) nods in the direction of the cats if one walks past, Miles (cat) couldn't care less and totally ignores them. Koji (cat) occasionally touches Truffle (rabbit) then runs away like a big wuss lol. He daren't do that to Marzipan, she's can tell the cats where to go! Mostly they just ignore each other.

I do kind of wish Miles could be a ring bearer lol. I don't think he'd walk down the aisle. He's far too lazy! And it's a bit sad having animal ring bearers lol. It'd be funny though.

nahatalie, Aug 24, 2012
    Becky likes this.
  13. nahatalie

Helen

Welcome!

Your pets are adorable :)

Helen, Aug 24, 2012
  14. nahatalie

nahatalie

We might add one more furry child to mix - our wedding present to each other is going to be a Maine Coon kitten! We'll make sure we get one from a litter that's ready soon after we come back from honeymoon. I absolutely cannot wait for the 11 months I have to wait until the wedding to be gone! So many things to look forward to!

nahatalie, Aug 24, 2012
  15. nahatalie

MrsT_2be

Hi and Welcome,

Your pets are lovely, Koji and Miles have lovely blue eyes.

Ok... What about sushi to your canape/luncheon? Wasabi..! :ph34r:

Or "fans" which you could add to the table decor or as favours (which they hold with their Kimono outfit)?

Or... (hehe.. light bulb's on!) :p what about a pair chopsticks? good things comes in pairs! means the perfect balance of yin and yang, bride and groom... the perfect "pair" ^_^

MrsT_2be, Aug 25, 2012
  16. nahatalie

Helen

I'm loving the fan decoration/favours suggestion! :)

Helen, Aug 25, 2012
  17. nahatalie

nahatalie

I love all the little touches ideas :) A friend of mine suggested fans as favours, but I think thay'd just get binned lol. Though, hopefully it will be a warm day so might come in useful on the day, and would make a good photo with everyone holding them! I like the chopsicks idea but it sounds expensive. As for canapes, because the venue is doing the catering, the only thing they'll let us bring in externally is the cake. Plus I'm vegetarian anyway so I wouldn't benefit from those as canapes, as selfish as that sounds lol.

Thanks for some lovely ideas! I'm not sure what else to do to put a personal spin on things. I wanted to personalise my dress by putting a purple waish sash on it to match the colour theme, but very few dresses lend themselves to it, and I've found a dress that I really like that really wouldn't suit a sash. I think I'll wear purple pumps underneath for that little bit of colour and quirkyness. (Will be wearing flats, I totally don't do heels of any kind! Especially not for a whole day...)

Ooo, another thing we can personalise is the table names, I think we're going to go down an animal-y route for that as my passion is animals. Not entirely sure what, we don't have enough pets for them to be the table names lol (though we'd only need three more! Ha ha)

nahatalie, Aug 26, 2012
  18. nahatalie

MrsT_2be

MrsT_2be, Aug 26, 2012
  19. nahatalie

MrsT_2be

hope this helps ^_^

MrsT_2be, Aug 26, 2012
  20. nahatalie

Becky

You need to be careful with those... apparently they are easily confused with lions...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2194481/Essex-lion-Is-Tedd-ythe-giant-tom-cat-REALLY-mystery-predator.html

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Becky, Aug 28, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question