Hello From A West Midlands Bride To Be!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MrsGroves2B, Jul 27, 2012.

1. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

Hello Big Day forums!

I registered on here a few years ago when looking at wedding ideas, but since then had lost my details, then it got so long that I forgot the website name! Hehe!

As its been a while I thought I'd introduce myself on here!

My name is Rebecca, or Becky as I'm known by friends. I'm living in the West Midlands and am getting married to my partner of 6 years, Chris on 29th June 2013. We have been engaged for just over 5 years and have been planning our wedding almost since we got engaged! We had problems with work and finding a place to live, which has meant our wedding plans have been on hold many times, but have finally booked the wedding now and made a good, steady progress with everything now!

We're having a simple wedding really, basically we want to do everything as cheap as possible but without looking cheap really. We decided on an evening only reception to cut costs down a bit more. We are having a church wedding, which I know costs a little more, but we are church goers at the church we're getting married at, have been churchwardens there and are in the church choir, so to us it simply wouldn't be right for us not to get married in a church, and more importantly in the church that has been a part of our life for a long time. I make cards so have made our invitations, we're sending out just a few Save the Date cards to people who live abroad or away from the area, purely because they will need to book flights, accomodation and arrange travel arrangements in plenty of time, and because there's so few we've brought W H Smith standard plain ones. All our flowers are sorted, but need an extra bouquet for my Maid of Honour, rings are done, got a guest book and a card frame for a photo that guests can sign, suits booked, all my atire is sorted except underwear and jewellery, cars booked (having a silver 1964 Daimler and a silver S-Type Jaguar (fairly modern), photography and videography booked, church and reception booked. We've found the cake we like at a local cake shop we've used before, but that may be a gift yet so not booked it for the time being! We have a few gifts for those with roles, but not all of them just yet, and need dresses and shoes for the bridesmaids/flower girls and pageboy. I think my old, new, borrowed and blue are getting there too (plus I found a sixpence for your shoe in my work (Hobbycraft) so got that!) I think considering its just over 11 months away I think we're doing really well!

All the very best with your wedding plans and if anyone is in the West Midlands Black Country area and need some reputable companies and people for various aspects let me know and I'll pass some names forward!

Becky!
    xx

MrsGroves2B, Jul 27, 2012
    gildius likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsGroves2B

Savage

Hi Becky!

Wow, you've been busy!! Your date is a couple of months before mine and we're still in the very early stages of planning! We've only just got a venue!!
    Good luck with rest of your planning, although you seem so organised I doubt you need it! :)

Savage, Jul 27, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

Hello! Thank you for the luck and the welcome!

Most of this is because we've been planning it for so long, and the dates have changed a lot, so we've brought bits and pieces over the years. We just want to get deposits down asap to help when spreading the costs out a bit. The main thing to get booked now is the cake, and we know which one we like, but it may be my parents that buy that, and they're currently in Ibiza on holiday so need to wait until they get back to find out what is happening. We need to decide the bridesmaids dresses and shoes. I've found the ones I want in BHS but the trouble is that they may have new stock and they get discontinued by the time we can buy them so can't do a lot at the moment, but we do need to look and see what bridal shops have to offer, so if we go down that route then we may have another booking there. Deposit wise everyone we've booked except the photographer/videographer is paid, but they don't want the deposit until six months before the date, which would make it December, so hanging on to that for a bit!

All the very best with your wedding plans! I'm sure you'll get it all sorted very soon! My advice is book as much as you can as early as you can, popular months just go so quick, and the earlier the deposits are down the longer you have to save for the remainder- some of our remaining balances are half or just over half of the total, so its easier to save for.

Enjoy it all!

xx

MrsGroves2B, Jul 27, 2012
  4. MrsGroves2B

Becky

Welcome to the forums! :)

Wow, 5 years is a long engagement, bet you can't wait for your wedding day! Sounds like your planning is going well. One of the really popular things on this forum is to start a planning thread where you can share what you have organised so far together with pictures etc. There are lots there already which gives some great inspiration.

Becky, Jul 28, 2012
  5. MrsGroves2B

Helen

Welcome!

29th June will be our 'reception-iversary'! (We got married and had our reception on different days). Sounds like it is all coming together now. Do you have any photos of your planning? We love photos here! :)

Helen, Jul 29, 2012
  6. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

I'll have some pictures in the near future! I'll share them with you all xx

MrsGroves2B, Jul 30, 2012
  7. MrsGroves2B

Savage

Looking forward to seeing your pictures!

Savage, Aug 3, 2012
  8. MrsGroves2B

tattoobride2be

welcome to the forum hun looking forward to hearing about you plans xx

tattoobride2be, Aug 6, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question