Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Sweetpea, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Sweetpea

Sweetpea

Hi all,
    Thought I should introduce myself. I have been with my h2b for 8yrs and engaged for nearly 2yrs. We have only just set the date.. As yet nothing is booked at all, we are looking into the venues at the moment but I am finding it all quite daunting. If anyone can share some insight into where its best to start, we would be really greatful.

Thanks all xx

Sweetpea, Sep 24, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Sweetpea

Becky

Hello and welcome to BigDay! :)

Venue is definitely a good place to start - have a look around the area that you want to get married in and visit lots of venues. You'll get a really good idea of what you're looking for once you start looking. Once you book your venue and set your date, everything else can follow!

Let us know how you get on!

Becky, Sep 24, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Sweetpea

Sweetpea

Thanks Becky,
    Hopefully I can relax a little, when we get a venue booked then.

Sweetpea, Sep 24, 2010
  4. Sweetpea

ilovepink1984

Hello and welcome very much to the forum Always lovely to have another b2b :)

You sound a bit like me -we whave been engaged for 4 years today! but get married 4 weeks today! and I was totally daunted my everything when we started planning but it does all become clear and fall into place and everyone on here is so lovely and give great advice and support. I've had 8 months to plan but its been mostly fun and only a little stressful!

Venue is the best place to start as there are so many options and price ranges! Depending on what sort of ceremony you wnat, venues that have the civil ceremony and reception all in one place are great and make things a lot easier. Cost will be a huge factor so if you are on a budget consider a week day or book a while in advance as venues will often freeze their prices for you.

After venue pick a theme/colour and the world's your oyster! Depending how long you have I would go with dresses next - the FUN bit! and then everything will slot in around your theme/coloue ie. flowers, decorations, cake etc. Good Luck and welcome xxx

ilovepink1984, Sep 24, 2010
  5. Sweetpea

Helen

Hello and welcome :lol:

Have fun with your planning, there are loads of ideas here and everyone is friendly and has good advice so you have come to the right place :)

Helen, Sep 24, 2010
  6. Sweetpea

MrsC2Be

We've been engaged for over a year now and have now booked the venue and now the registrar. But our date is just under 2 years away yet, so we've got ages to plan and ogle all things wedding :)

When's your date? x

MrsC2Be, Sep 24, 2010
  7. Sweetpea

gemw24

Hi I'm new to all this too. There are lots of helpful tips on here though which is great, although you can spend hours and hours reading it all :)
    Chat soon
    Gemma

gemw24, Sep 24, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question