Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Edgar, May 9, 2011.

1. Edgar

Edgar

My name is Edgar, I'm a new member here and I would love to be able to help any brides out here with my knowledge that I have picked up during my time as a wedding videographer & photographer. So if you have any questions please ask.

Edgar, May 9, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Edgar

poppleminster

Hello and welcome to the site.

Photography is such a daunting task for couples to get right and there are so many options out there that it can get a bit confusing, especially when prices vary so much.

Can you give us an idea of the kind of things couples should consider when contacting a photographer? It would be really helpful to know what photographers need to know to be able to give a quote and ensure they get the right kind of photos that we want.

Thank you :D

poppleminster, May 9, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. Edgar

Edgar

Well, this is a big topic of how to find a good photographer for your day. Personally I think today a lot of couples will try to save as much as possible... very sad... We all leave once and we all want to remember that special day in our life, share that memories with our children. Ask your grandparents about their wedding, what did they missed? I believe 50 + years ago wedding photography was luxury. Today, it is very popular. And you have to ask yourself whether you want to have really nice pictures with style to be remembered or simple like anyone else can take and just be forgotten.
    Don't expect cheap photographer to produce nice pictures (but not all of them), or expensive (minority).
    First, look at their portfolio, their style and only then look at their price!!! If you like what they do, then go for it!
    That' all I can advice.
    Same with video.
    Many couples who calling me and booking me with video, first what they saying is how much they love video that I do, and only then we discuss price plan.
    Of course I receive different phone calls and some start with "How much will you charge?" To me that means they don't care about how they will look in photo album or wedding dvd. Sad.......But in both cases I work with my heart!:lol:

Edgar, May 15, 2011
  4. Edgar

MrsBrown

I agree that you have to look at the quality of a person's work but for some couples they have to know they can afford it before they set their hearts on a certain photographer. People of course have to be realistic about how much wedding photography costs but if you have a budget of £4000, spending £2000 on photos is never going to happen. Maybe thats why some brides ask? Personally i would have hated to have fallen in love with a photographer's work only to realise I cant afford it!!

My photgrapher had packages from £500 to £2000, of course the less you paid the less you got, but the quality was still the same you just got less photos and less time with the photgrapher.

I also had a friend who choose an amazing but expensive photographer, the photos of her are gorgeous but the ones of family and friends look like he was saying 'why am i wasting my time!!' She also did not feel relaxed in his company and now as a result, looks back and despite paying a fortune is not happy with her photos!!

MrsBrown, May 15, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question