Hello Everyone :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by moggy, Apr 15, 2011.

1. moggy

moggy

Hi,

I've just joined up, after a recommendation from a current member. Not actually booked our date/venue yet but the plan is 15th June 2013 and it will be somewhere in Cheshire, which is where I live with my lovely fiance and 7 year old son. I'm currently job hunting after taking some time out after being made redundant in december last year so the wedding research has gone on hold in recent weeks, but I am looking forward to getting back to it soon and finding the perfect venue and then the planning can commence!

Moggy [​IMG]

moggy, Apr 15, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. moggy

Becky

Hi Moggy, welcome to BigDay! :)

Sorry to hear about you being made redundant, hope you manage to find something soon.

I'm getting married in Cheshire too! There are some lovely venues around!

Becky, Apr 15, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. moggy

iPrincess26

Hi Moggy

Welcome to the site, if you need any help with ideas or finding what you have in mind this is the place to be! Everyone is very friendly and helpful :)

iPrincess26, Apr 15, 2011
  4. moggy

Sarsaparilla

Hello :)

I'm getting married in Cheshire too!! :)

Sarsaparilla, Apr 15, 2011
  5. moggy

MrsC2Be

All the best people are in Cheshire :) where abouts are you?

I'm on the job hunt too, I lost my job a month ago today and am slowly tearing my hair out in frustration at getting nowhere. I'm going to be a bald bride at this rate!

MrsC2Be, Apr 15, 2011
  6. moggy

MrsBrown

Hi Moggy.

Welcome to the site... its so good I cant leave it and I have been married for 8 months now!

I am lovely all these new members, lots of posts to read!!

MrsBrown, Apr 15, 2011
  7. moggy

moggy

It seems really friendly on here [​IMG] Lots of Cheshire brides I see [​IMG] We had our eye on Belle Epoque as our venue to begin with and it's sooo beautiful. But it just isn't child friendly enough for what we need, I was sad to have to discount it [​IMG]

The latest idea is to get a Marquee in the gardens at the White Lion in Alvanley as we go there for food quite a lot and it's gorgeous, does anyone know it?

For the Cheshire brides out there, where have you picked for your venue? We've not done any serious searching yet other than the 2 mentioned.

MrsC2be - we're in Runcorn. We bought a house here about 6 months ago and loving it so far, we're in a nice green bit and it's so, so handy for everywhere, 40 mins on the train into central Manc for my fiances job, perfect. Where do you live? I was gutted to lose my job as it's the only company I had ever worked for, been with them since 1998, so it felt like a proper kick in the gut, but onwards and upwards and all that malarky.. job hunting is not too successful so far, seems to be about 100+ people applying for every job!!

Thanks for the replies everyone, hope to speak to you all a bit more over the coming weeks/months - and years for fellow 2013ers like me [​IMG]

moggy, Apr 15, 2011
  8. moggy

Becky

I'm getting married at Sandhole Oak Barn which is near Congleton :) we wanted something fairly relaxed and it fit the bill perfectly!

Becky, Apr 15, 2011
  9. moggy

poppleminster

Hiya Moggy!

Welcome to the site. Time flies so 2013 may seem a long way but it will go quickly! xxx

poppleminster, Apr 15, 2011
  10. moggy

MrsC2Be

Not too far from you then, we're in Lymm. My other half works in Speke so goes over the bridge everyday to get there :) We're getting married at Adlington Hall, just outside Macclesfield, coz I'm from further up that way originally. Not until August 2012, so I'm going to be around for a while.

I went to a wedding fayre at Statham Lodge a couple of weeks back, that was lovely. Fairly relaxed and the food I tried was lovely! They had gorgeous grounds outside the hotel and you could even have your ceremony outside under a pergola sort of thing.

Someone else I know is getting married at Sandhole Oak Barn like Becky, it's lovely there.

MrsC2Be, Apr 15, 2011
  11. moggy

Helen

Welcome to the site!

Try not to be too disheartened by all the job stuff. I know it is hard, I was made redundant the Christmas before last (on Christmas eve, Merry Christmas to me hey!) and I've found it really hard going. I'm now setting up my own business instead. Don't let it get you down. :)

Helen, Apr 16, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question